Revealed about my incontinence to a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredofwheelchair

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I told a friend about my incontinence the other day and I was ok with it, still found it pretty embarrassing 😳 and I think it was probably slightly awkward for my friend in a way, although I think he found it interesting as he did ask me a few questions afterwards, but amusingly also missed a couple of turnings when he drove me home.

I suppose some of you want to know why I told my friend well in a way it made sense, you see we go out for a meal for something to eat roughly about once a month or so and one of the places we had been to in the past was a place that didn't have a wheelchair accessible toilet, which is not ideal when your a wheelchair user even when padded but my friend has been reluctant to go back their because of that reason and I wouldn't mind possibly going back there as the food was pretty nice, so my line of thinking was if I revealed I was padded and we didn't have to worry if we went there.

The conversation which occured whilst we were driving back from getting a McFlurry en route to my house after having a carvery at a pub/restaurant went something like this after some hesitation from me:-

Me: You know I had something to tell you earlier but not in the pub having dinner, well I have incontinence and I wear pads to deal with this.
My Friend: You mean something like a nappy?
Me: Yes exactly like a nappy.

I felt a bit awkward but we had a general chat he asked me a few questions about my IC like do I feel when I need to go etc.

I was just glad it was just me and him in the cat not his wife as well as I would have been far to embarrassed to have bought it up. He did thank me for letting him know which was nice

boredofwheelchair said:
I told a friend about my incontinence the other day and I was ok with it, still found it pretty embarrassing �� and I think it was probably slightly awkward for my friend in a way, although I think he found it interesting as he did ask me a few questions afterwards, but amusingly also missed a couple of turnings when he drove me home.

I suppose some of you want to know why I told my friend well in a way it made sense, you see we go out for a meal for something to eat roughly about once a month or so and one of the places we had been to in the past was a place that didn't have a wheelchair accessible toilet, which is not ideal when your a wheelchair user even when padded but my friend has been reluctant to go back their because of that reason and I wouldn't mind possibly going back there as the food was pretty nice, so my line of thinking was if I revealed I was padded and we didn't have to worry if we went there.

The conversation which occured whilst we were driving back from getting a McFlurry en route to my house after having a carvery at a pub/restaurant went something like this after some hesitation from me:-

Me: You know I had something to tell you earlier but not in the pub having dinner, well I have incontinence and I wear pads to deal with this.
My Friend: You mean something like a nappy?
Me: Yes exactly like a nappy.

I felt a bit awkward but we had a general chat he asked me a few questions about my IC like do I feel when I need to go etc.

I was just glad it was just me and him in the cat not his wife as well as I would have been far to embarrassed to have bought it up. He did thank me for letting him know which was nice

All my friends and family know I am incontinent and wear nappies and no one sees it as a big deal.

I think you and your friend handled it in a mature, classy manner.

Happy to hear this!
It seems like he is a true friend. I also opened up to my close friends and got only positive feedback. Stuff like this really strengthens you.

Cheers

Usually by the time I NEED to tell anyone about being IC, they already know me well.

So it's a bump in the road, not a road block. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back