1000 ways to die s3e4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggles

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Just watched 1000 ways to die s3-e4 on Netflix and had an Abdl guy that was killed by his crib but I was a bit saddened that they kept referring to them as freaks. Anyway was wondering if you guys have seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think they were singling out ABDLs as much as that’s just the way that show is. Part of the fun of it is the mid-century tabloid-style writing style that goes with the narrator’s voice. They also did one about a furry that was high as a kite and tried to make out with a real bear, thinking it was one of their friends. Didn’t end so well for them.

That said, we don’t need any more negative exposure lol, we’ve got enough.

I remember that show, it was awful, it really came across as juvenile and it tried too hard to be funny. It reminded me of those 12 year old, try-hard edgelords that harass people who play video games online, they think they're funny, but they are powerfully lame and cringe worthy.

In any event, I learned shortly after seeing that particular episode, Crib Your Enthusiasm, that there was no documented case of an AB male or female ever dying by having their crib side come down on them like a guillotine. I think I read it in the production notes once that the recorded death that the story was based on was that of an actual infant and that in order to use the case as one of their strange ways to die without offending anyone, they changed the baby to an Adult Baby. In any case it was still in poor taste, they basically mocked a literal infant's death. In hindsight, the entire show was in bad taste.

Chock this one up as another example of how the media can be unkind not only to us, but to many others as well, especially when you consider that the show tried to simultaneously make a joke out of and sensationalize some of the ways in which people actually died.

It's also worth mentioning that the Crib Your Enthusiasm story wasn't the only way to die that was altered or fictionalized, a great many of the stories told were based on urban legends, exaggerated or completely made up for the sake of the program, I think only like 40% of the stories told had any basis in reality and even then some details were altered.

I think its very disrespectful to the unfortunate dead man, God rest his soul!

You're missing something. The deaths in that show are based on real deaths. They use based on really loosely, here. The deaths in question were those of biobabies, but they can't laugh, or, make others laugh, at those, so, they pick on us. Poofybutt, without offending anyone? Forgot us; didn't they?

Poofybutt said:
I remember that show, it was awful, it really came across as juvenile and it tried too hard to be funny. It reminded me of those 12 year old, try-hard edgelords that harass people who play video games online, they think they're funny, but they are powerfully lame and cringe worthy.

In any event, I learned shortly after seeing that particular episode, Crib Your Enthusiasm, that there was no documented case of an AB male or female ever dying by having their crib side come down on them like a guillotine. I think I read it in the production notes once that the recorded death that the story was based on was that of an actual infant and that in order to use the case as one of their strange ways to die without offending anyone, they changed the baby to an Adult Baby. In any case it was still in poor taste, they basically mocked a literal infant's death. In hindsight, the entire show was in bad taste.

Chock this one up as another example of how the media can be unkind not only to us, but to many others as well, especially when you consider that the show tried to simultaneously make a joke out of and sensationalize some of the ways in which people actually died.

It's also worth mentioning that the Crib Your Enthusiasm story wasn't the only way to die that was altered or fictionalized, a great many of the stories told were based on urban legends, exaggerated or completely made up for the sake of the program, I think only like 40% of the stories told had any basis in reality and even then some details were altered.

I could be wrong, but I do loosely recall that actually did happen. It never really made the news out of respect for the guy that died (or was he just injured?), but then csi picked it up and made an episode around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back