Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Decisions...

Default Diaper Decisions...

Well my wife agrees that I need a better nighttime diaper.

The cheap medical Pro Cares that are supplied by insurance leave me on a wet pad in the morning--even with a Tranquility Super booster--I'm sure it's just leaking before it is completely absorbed.

The Tranquility ATNs are OK, even better with one of those boosters but I'll still get the occasional leak.

So now I'm looking for a good diaper--will likely order through Amazon and i live in the USA. Now I have been hearing great things about the Northshore Supremes or the Comfidry 24/7s. How well do these perform with a side-sleeper like me?

I know perhaps some of the ABDL diapers may work better too but I'm not trying to break the bank and I'm not into the really babyish prints but the Rebels and Seduction diapers look fine to me. Perhaps the ABU Space would be pushing it a bit but not too far.

I don't know about going into cloth even though I do hear that it works great for side sleepers.

I think if I had a real need and sleep was the major concern, I'd be strongly inclined toward cloth diapers. I enjoy disposables more but if it's just a practical matter, a good cloth diaper seems to me like it might be cheaper and more reliable. When I do wear cloth to bed, I'm much more confident about potential leaks. I suppose volume is the biggest concern. Cloth will handle anything but it gets thick fast.

MassIncon

BetterDry.

Cloth is a nightmare. Have fun with all that laundry and taking several cycles to dry. I tried it and it was not worth the hassle.

Cloth is definitely better for someone who sleeps on their side. I tried it once, and didn't really like the feeling when wet, and definitely didn't like the work required (rinsing,washing,drying,etc). It's really a preference thing.

I'd recommend you try both the NS Supremes and the Confidry 24/7s, the two best in my opinion, and see which one fits you best. Order a bag of each to give them a fair trial (1 or 2 diapers isn't enough to really tell). Then order a case of your favorite from there.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedDeist View Post
    Well my wife agrees that I need a better nighttime diaper.

The cheap medical Pro Cares that are supplied by insurance leave me on a wet pad in the morning--even with a Tranquility Super booster--I'm sure it's just leaking before it is completely absorbed.

The Tranquility ATNs are OK, even better with one of those boosters but I'll still get the occasional leak.

So now I'm looking for a good diaper--will likely order through Amazon and i live in the USA. Now I have been hearing great things about the Northshore Supremes or the Comfidry 24/7s. How well do these perform with a side-sleeper like me?

I know perhaps some of the ABDL diapers may work better too but I'm not trying to break the bank and I'm not into the really babyish prints but the Rebels and Seduction diapers look fine to me. Perhaps the ABU Space would be pushing it a bit but not too far.

I don't know about going into cloth even though I do hear that it works great for side sleepers.
    They are still only ok for side sleeping. I was using confidry, but with a baby diaper cupped over my penis (pointing up), then would diaper up normally. This worked good to absorb my initial flooding, and to redirect my pee towards the center of the diaper. With this setup I would hardly leak. Without it, I would still leak most evey night.

Even better though is Betterdry. They cost the same, and do not need a booster to work really great without leaking. These are the ONLY disposable diapers I know of which work overnight and on their own for me without leaking. I highly recommend Betterdry for side sleepers like myself. (Note, IF you did want an abdl diaper then Crinklz is the same as Betterdry but with AB prints).

Better Dry and ComfiDry 24/7 are both outstanding, high-capacity diapers that should do the job for you. Cloth diapers and plastic pants would also certainly work. I've been incontinent for many years and used to make my own cloth diapers and plastic pants. However, I now definitely prefer disposables. Laundering and drying cloth diapers is a chore that needs to be performed at least a couple of times a week. I got sick and tired of it and switched to disposables about 20 years ago. Throwing out wet disposables is much less of a hassle than washing and drying cloth diapers and plastic pants.

Cloth diapers and plastic pants are much better for around the house and for nighttime use. But, as stated before you need to care for them, and wash your used ones at least once or twice a week. If you have the time, you should at least try them.

Yeah, the care of the cloth diapers is the big turnoff. I could do it but the initial expense is frightening. (Yes, I know disposables are more expensive in the long run.) I have heard great things about the BetterDry but what is a good US distributor for these diapers?

The two I listed in my OP are easily available from Amazon though which is why I mentioned them.

I'm also considering plastic pants with my disposables but the warmth worries me a bit. I overheat easily.

How about abriform m4? They work pretty well for me and are very cheap in sweden (ship from saveexpress).

This is why I still don't understand why someone won't make a true nite time disposable where the matting goes all the way out to the edges like the old style thick Huggies of the 80's for example. I wonder if it is an issue with the machines or something. I get why a daytime diaper should be thin on the sides, so you can wear them under pants, but a nite time diaper does not have those restrictions. I am surprised we don't seem to have anyone on this board that is intimately familiar with the actual manufacturing, who could answer this question.