I just got my first samples delivered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PaddedDeist said:
That's good pricing--that per diaper when bought in a case for the Comfidry? I realize is changes per day and cost per diaper but my wife has some issues when see see those numbers and then sees the price of something like Depend. She doesn't wear them so she doesn't know how they feel or work. But perhaps I can work up to the better ones.

She also doesn't see how many more depends are needed to equal just one confidry. Just keep making the point those "cheap" diapers need to be multiplied by 4, 6, or even 8 times. Now all of the sudden they don't seem like a very good deal.

And both Confidry and Betterdry come out to about 1.60 each. Northshire is close to I that too. Confidry and Northshore will last 8-10 hours each, and Betterdry will last 16+ hours. All are with drinking the minimum 64oz of water per day. Going more than 8 or 12 hours per change is problematic though, and will lead to smelling bad and bad rashes. So on average just figure three changes per day, or about $4.80.

Oh, and tell your wife if she still really wants you to use depends then she has to agree to change you something like about 20 times per day (and night) too. Either that or you use what works the chapest and change yourself 3 times per day.

Well, I have been changing myself but I'll work on that math. I try to keep these on as long as I can but you can only wear these cheap things for so long.

I have read a review where the writer was complaining about the inconsistencies in the quality of the Comfidry. Some bags are thicker and some are thinner. Has this been something that the company has already addressed?

PaddedDeist said:
Well, I have been changing myself but I'll work on that math. I try to keep these on as long as I can but you can only wear these cheap things for so long.

I have read a review where the writer was complaining about the inconsistencies in the quality of the Comfidry. Some bags are thicker and some are thinner. Has this been something that the company has already addressed?

Not sure about that. I've been using confidry for some time now, and they haven't had any problems for 6-9 months now.

The last issues they had were with the tapes popping off, but like I said that has been resolved too.

I have had no problems with Confidry during the last year.
Recent case purchases have been consistent with previously purchased cases.

That's good to know. It was the only really negative thing I ran across and I was hoping that they tightened down their quality control since that review.

Well, I disconvered that my diapers are covered by my secondary insurance but it looks like I'm pretty much stuck with Prevails and Pro Care for my selections no matter which of the two suppliers I choose that my insurance will cover. It sucks that I may have to rely on inferior diapers but on the other hand I'm not having to fork over the cash for these. I'll have to pick up a bag of good ones when I can to treat myself. Why can't these guys get even mid-level diapers?

PaddedDeist said:
Well, I disconvered that my diapers are covered by my secondary insurance but it looks like I'm pretty much stuck with Prevails and Pro Care for my selections no matter which of the two suppliers I choose that my insurance will cover. It sucks that I may have to rely on inferior diapers but on the other hand I'm not having to fork over the cash for these. I'll have to pick up a bag of good ones when I can to treat myself. Why can't these guys get even mid-level diapers?

Well there's different situations for different diapers. Even low quality ones can be useful, and save you from using something else you have to pay for that's not covered. IE you may find these work fine for daytime and certainly like around the house etc, but need to fend for yourself for overnight. May as well take what you can get and make use of it?

I recently got approved to get diapers through the VA. However, they refused to give me anything other than the cheapest, crappiest, Wings diapers made by Coviden.

I kept telling them my prescription for them stated extra absorbent, which those clearly are not. I also know from past experience they will not last more than an hour or so, before leaks become too big of a risk. Nobody can be expected to need changing every hour, and forget about overnight use.

Nope, every time the VA sent me those Wings diapers they went right out where they belonged with the trash pickup. You have to draw a line when cheapness seriously compromises function. There's making use of adequate diapers, but no point in trying to make do with something you know won't work.

Well, hopefully whatever I can get will function well enough but I'll try to get better ones when I can to supplement what I get that my insurance will pay for. While this goes through and takes time to get what I want rolling, I'll try to get some good ones as well.

I am almost out (4 diapers left) of the Assurance and I'll kill off that package. I had to buy a bag and so went to the local medical supply place and bought a bag of the Prevail Breezers--one of the ones that the supplier provides once all the paperwork goes through and I can start getting deliveries.

I believe that the company is sending me some Pro Care samples--supposedly they are thicker? So I figured that since I needed diapers desperately, I'd give the Breezers a try for comparison. They have two tapes on a side so I'll just have to get used to taping this style--practice, practice, practice.

I get my disability check tomorrow and I'll see what I can swing to cover me until them. Hopefully some Tranquility ATNs at the least. But since diapers are expensive, the cheaper, insurance paid diapers may be the best way for me to financially survive wearing 24/7. I may just have to buy a good quality nighttime diaper like babbinod suggested.

PaddedDeist said:
My wife thinks I should stick with the pullups since they are easy to put on but I believe that I need something more absorbent.

I did try the McKesson and wetted it heavily. It held up to all the pee but the diaper just seems pretty flimsy. I don't think I'll be buying that brand. It did illustrate to me that a tabbed diaper does hold more pee though. The pull ups are OI but I think I have to change more.

First of all Pull ups are not easy at all to put on, think about it for a minute. You'd have to take off your entire bottom half of clothing to change, unless you put on a day's worth and rip them off as you go.

I will say with the upmost respect, all medical brands are pretty awful. They are flimsy, padding is like a sponge and press out is a major issue. Fit is a afterthought. It's pretty much insurance's idea of cheap skating. If they'd realize that offering premium high capacity brands that need 2-3 changes per day, would actually save money by eliminating changing 6-8 times per day, would eliminate the cost of bed pads, it would require less labor in nursing units, and ect. This is what's wrong with insurance companies, they never do the research, and only see dollar signs as an excuse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

True Metal, but for now, I have to be cheap and I hope I can hang on as our financial situation continues to improve. My wife is working in a temp pool at a local clinic but she was encouraged to put in an application to make the job permanent--that will give her about $5/hr more plus benefits.

I agree about the pull ups not being easy when you are not at home and need a change. I had a doctor's appointment today and I needed to change my diaper. I was really happy that I was was wearing tabbed briefs and that my spare was tabbed as well. I was telling my wife about it and she realizes that tabbed does have good advantages. I still have two pull ups in reserve here in case I have to throw one quickly for whatever reason and I'll be happy to kill off those previous briefs. The Prevails do seem a bit flimsy but they are working and don't feel like they are going to drop off of my butt. Capacity seems OK but what I had before wasn't so great to begin with.

I think I was getting the beginning of diaper rash but I picked up some A+D ointment today and I already feel much better.

I should see a bag of TranquilityATNs tomorrow--yay!

The Breezers I had bought for the weekend are pretty flimsy and they don't hold a lot of pee. There were multiple times where the Velcro tapes broke off but I was able to use the Velcro to hold it together. They also leaked like crazy when I was in bed.

A bag is a pretty good way to suss out a particular diaper for sure. There are the new Breezers360 and that diaper looks it may have been possibly improved but I don't know if my medical supplier carries those. They may be worth a try if my supplier has them.

The Pro Care sample of 2 diapers seemed to fit better and they were more comfortable. They looked thin and they didn't hold a lot of pee either but I'm not sure if they held more or less than the basic Breezers. They felt really mushy after a couple or three decent pees and I wonder if they are more SAP than wadding. I like these a little better than the Breezers since these are just a little stronger and they felt more comfortable.

The cheap ones are certainly a day diaper and I'm working out what will be my best good diaper for bed and times where I need a longer-lasting diaper. I think the TranquilityATN is a good candidate and I really need to work out my diaper costs per day with the different brands.

It was nice to wake up with dry boxers on--I have been wearing them over my diapers. The Tranquility ATNs are nice and I wish I could wear them 24/7 but that would get expensive.

The medical company is sending me 200 cheap diapers a month and that, unfortunately, is basically my daytime diaper while my good ones will be for night or when I need a solid diaper for when I'm running around.

My actual Bag of Tranquility ATNs will show up later today but I did like the Tranquility samples that allowed me to enjoy a dry night and a wet diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back