have diapers will travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArchtopK said:
i am confused here, are we talking about the 5 and 7 year old's? or were there 2 more "toddlers"?

sorry i wasnt clearer. yes the two toddlers were diapered, but the question the one guy asked the other was about the older boys who by my guess where around 5 & 7 years old, and as it turned out were in diapers, too. i cant speak for the guys, fishy or not that is what happened.

Look at it this way, I'm close to 40, I take 3 different blood pressure meds, one of them is a water pill, so a typical day I am in the bathroom almost every hour or so. Sometime my bowels are not the most predictable... I could have the forewarning that I need to go and the time to get there,,, other times I get the warning and have maybe 5 minutes before I am desperately trying to find the closest bathroom or port a potty.

Imagine having 2 or more kids in a car. Imagine driving across country and into areas that you are not familiar with. When I drove through Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona exits that had gas stations and stuff were few and far between in places

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never ran out of diaper every time we travel. It's a travel essential.

CookieMonstah said:
For an adult it's normal for them to go 10 times a day, so for children with smaller bladders, they're gonna pee more often, let's say 15 times a day. When you're hydrated properly, meaning your urine is clear, then you're gonna go often. I'm not exaggerating.

This is incorrect. An average adults pees about 6 times a day- or about once every three hours.

The average kid pees about 12 times per day- or once every hour and a half.

Oh, and even if you have 4 kids on a car trip, when you stop they all go pee at the same time. It is unrealistic to think any one of them will need to go again in 20 minutes. Unless they are not average and have bladder problems.

tbh... I would love my parents to put me in diapers and not use the public restrooms. Do you realize how dirty and unsanitary they are? I've seen some that are really bad. They don't do a very good job of caring for rest stops. We don't know the full story for why this father decided to diaper the two older kids. I don't think it's right to judge. All we know is what the OP has stated and seen from his point of view of the situation. I do agree that some kids have small bladders. I wouldn't say they use the bathroom too frequently, but they probably use it frequently enough. That's just my two cents...

Slomo said:
This is incorrect. An average adults pees about 6 times a day- or about once every three hours.

The average kid pees about 12 times per day- or once every hour and a half.

Oh, and even if you have 4 kids on a car trip, when you stop they all go pee at the same time. It is unrealistic to think any one of them will need to go again in 20 minutes. Unless they are not average and have bladder problems.

Oh the google search I did was 10 times a day for adults. Guess it depends who you ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CookieMonstah said:
Oh the google search I did was 10 times a day for adults. Guess it depends who you ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but think about it. That would be going more often than every two hours. That might be a good or even high average for everyone here, but it isn't normal (I'm going somewhere between constantly and every ten minutes, so I'm definitely not normal).

You were pretty close on the kids average though. And for long drives it would be kind of annoying to adult having to stop that often. Not saying diapering a kid for that reason alone is justified, but it isn't surprising at least.

I have no problem having a kid in a diaper on long journeys or not. It's just no big deal to me. For me though, when I want to stay hydrated and drink a lot while diapered I can be going to the bathroom every 30-40 minutes albeit they might be very small bits of urine.

As a mother to five children I did potty train beggining at 3 and then as they got out of pull-ups at home they still wore them to the store most of the time. They usually made it to the bathroom and didn't use the pull-up but I would definitely have used a pullup on them while traveling. It just doesn't make sense to take a chance with kids that young. None of mine had any wetting accidents day or night beyond preschool so I guess they were fine with the way I did it.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Have diapers, will travel?

Makes more sense to me when I'm on a road trip with a woman who is also incontinent and preferably DL.

Lots to enjoy that way and ever so much more practical.

I use to read stories about this when i was ~9 on yahoo answers thinking it was a myth. I believed it was a myth till a friend whom i trusted allot told me he had a friend whos parents had him wear on long trips and use them rather than pull over. They where not in the USA, in the USA at least in my area I'm nearly positive that your kids would be taken away for child abuse should you attempt it for those reasons and manner, but none the less it shocked me to learn there where legit occurrences.

The only occurrences of this that I can see that makes sense is bed-wetters on long trips that will fall asleep.

I and my cousins traveled allot when we were younger. even at ~4 years old traveling 12+ hours we never had any problems. we stopped a tun, it was to long ago for me to fully remember how often. Normally(may[legal disclaimer]) end up having to pull off and pee on side of road during one long stretch of road that has no bathrooms up north.

I had allot of close calls, but never had any accidents. I never saw my cousins have any either. I would of loved to of worn back then. even at ~9 reading on yahoo, i was like wish that was real :p but realistically it would only be cool to life long ab/dl and very demeaning to every one else. We put allot of weight onto diapers in society being for babies, and we can't really deny it seeing as it's one the main reasons we wear them as ab's. So it's my opinion that it is wrong unless the child asks for it, and is totally ok with it, not a you must do this if you want to go on vacation.

on a random 12am side note, man i wish i could of worn a diaper/pullup past age of 3 and have a being diapered memory in my childhood, alas I do not.

I keep thinking we are going on a road trip every time I see this thread. Lets go on a camping trip. Wouldn't it be fun to reserve all the group campsites at parks and have ABDL camping?

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Reactions: 42809ec
i saw many kids this summer touring with parents in the historical center of Athens wore diapers
most of them were over 5 or 6 yo.some wore pull ups some pampers
the previous week i was on the beach and i saw the same,many kids over 3 -4 yo changing their diaper to swimwear
when i left the beach to reach my car a family beside me left their 5 yo boy just in a pampers,not even a t shirt
most parents now leave their kids over 3-4 yo wear diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back