When did diapers first get designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've seen a lot of images of diapers from 1970s-'80s of diapers that featured no designs whatsoever.

I was interested in when diapers first started featuring designs. My guess would be '80s but I've really no clue!

In 1979 they had off brand diapers that had what looked like baby block prints then when wet the block disappeared.
That's the first print I remember I tapped two together to wear them.

All the Pampers I bought from 1980 thru 1989 had no designs. They came in large cardboard boxes.

FYI bambino sells a baby blocks design (Bambino Classico) if you're specifically interested in that. They're not a wetness indicator though. (no Bambino diapers have a wetness indicator)

I think it was in the early to mid 1980's when baby diapers started having prints on them

The earliest prints I've seen on baby diapers is either the 1980s pampers with Disney babies on them or the 1980s [or 90s (not sure)] huggies with Sesame Street characters.

Onesieman said:
1980s [or 90s (not sure)] huggies with Sesame Street characters.

I believe you're thinking of Drypers. s-l500.jpg

Landing strips began to have prints in the late 80's.

I have seen as early as 87. But I get the feeling there may have been test markets earlier on.
I was buying the Pampers in the big cardboard boxes purple and orange right up to about that time. And in our area, I don't remember anything with graphics or taping panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back