Tension with Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
In high school we had drivers ed ,classroom instruction the first day and the rest of the time was on the road trying to kill the instructor( some of the kids got on the highway doing 20mph ) at that time the car was a 1969 station wagon that the school bought new in 1969 for drivers ed and maintained until no child left behind killed drivers ed, but when we drove it in 86 it was great car and at that time if you passed drivers ed you got a spiffy certificate for for an insurance discount and your drivers license no restrictions on anything at 16 , and American cars in the 80's were horrible death traps .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

OP - I heartily agree with what others have said - wear discreetly at home/with family, and find a new (lockable) hiding place for your stash.

I also think it would be a great idea to get back on the OP's topic. Anyone who wishes to discuss the merits or otherwise of the intricacies of the driving laws should find an appropriate place to do so.

Your parents have every right to not want something in their house paying rent our not. As my folks always said, our roof our rules and if you think your to grown up to listen to us. Then you are grown up enough to move out. (That being said i moved out @twenty because i needed more freedom, we still have a solid relationship and i went over for dinner every sunday etc etc. But my home my rules wich i needed)

I get that you might not be in the circumstance to move out but that doesn't change the fact that your parents make the rules. So I would wear them discretly in your room.

Someone said your parents stop having to say anything about you when you get 18. No way if you are 18 but still live at home you still have to play by their rules

Mutya said:
Your parents have every right to not want something in their house paying rent our not. As my folks always said, our roof our rules and if you think your to grown up to listen to us. Then you are grown up enough to move out. (That being said i moved out @twenty because i needed more freedom, we still have a solid relationship and i went over for dinner every sunday etc etc. But my home my rules wich i needed)

I get that you might not be in the circumstance to move out but that doesn't change the fact that your parents make the rules. So I would wear them discretly in your room.

Someone said your parents stop having to say anything about you when you get 18. No way if you are 18 but still live at home you still have to play by their rules

Uh, that was me but no I did not say parents loose a say for anything about you. I said they loose the right to dictate some of the things you can and cannkt do. What tyle of underwear you wear is one of those things.

Now sure they can still dictate whether or not you wear said underwear/dialer openly around the house, as it's their house. But their right to treat you like a child ended the day you become an adult. (Not that they may still want to though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back