Does anyone remember what they usually wore as a baby or toddler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in 1985, my parents used pampers with me, I have a vague memory from about 2 yrs of age, I must have been potty training during the day, but we were at my aunts house and it was getting late, my mom laid me down on there living room floor and diapered me / put me in pj's. I just remember laying there and seeing her hands moving around me then feeling something being taped up.
I know for sure the brand was pampers because my mom always use to say that she used cloth diapers for my older sister, but then they moved to the country and there were no diaper services so they switched to disposable diapers for me.
I also remember stealing diaper while in pre-school and wearing them, getting caught in the process, back then I had no shame.

I only have the faintest memories but watching old home movies and from what I've been able to piece together, I was in cloth sometimes, and early plastic disposables other times. That might be why I'm specific in my diaper preferences. My favorites are the plastic backed ones with one tape per side (like ABU makes now). I like a printed front panel but I usually avoid full pattern diapers.

I remember seeing a pack of Huggies by my changing station at around age 3.

Light blue plastic back Huggies, my dad and I found one when we were clearing out a set of drawers in the shed which used to be the change table. It got thrown away :(

I was born in 1976, and by about 1980 I was stealing my baby brother's diapers. I vaguely recall them being all white with plastic tapes. Something like this maybe.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36646064@N06/3379689817/

An almost perfect replica for adults is the Confidry24/7 (obviously my favourite).

Luvs for sure at least at my dad's parents because of the barney size 4 luvs box they're using for storage in their garage. And to the best of my memory from a photo of my brother in the late 90s it was the usual plastic white with a character print landing zone, so my best guess is pampers.

DLPJ said:
View attachment 29139

I can still remember the feel of the plastic and their smell

I remember those all too well myself, having been in them until five and then still in them for wetting the bed for several more years. They were basically a disposable prefold, a flat sheet with the center glued together for the crotch, and my mother used plastic pants over them because they tended to leak.
e1875f920699a2384d779ff0d82c4020.jpg

I'm from a prehistoric age before there were disposables, when diaper services still roamed the earth. I wore hourglass shaped diapers with a little soaker pad sewn on the crotch and Gerber plastic panties. I'm sure the only reason I can "remember" this is that my younger brother wore exactly the same (probably hand me downs from me and my sister. ) I remember being jealous as he was lovingly diapered and tucked into bed. I have no idea what clothes I wore. Wish I could remember as those memories would be hot as a blanket sleeper on an August noon time nap.

I was a Baby Scott baby, this brand doesn't exist anymore, it had some kind of a unique system, a reusable pant that you put a disposable liner inside.

Oddly enough, I do not. I spent my childhood in Pullups and Goodnites, and I've relayed one of my earlier memories on this forum before of when my parents first started getting worried about my ability to potty train and bumped me back down to diapers from pullups, thinking it was the product itself that was causing the problem, which really upset me as a kid(I was very proud of being "a big kid now" lol), but I don't remember what diaper brand it was. Only that it was blue, plastic, and disposable.

I don't have any clue. Although I used to remember what cartoon underwear I wore. But judging from all my baby pictures I wore the late 1990s Huggies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: T3guuM44
Cloth prefolds.

I was in diapers in the mid-fifties, which at the time meant cloth diapers and plastic pants. I wore plastic pants over cotton training pants during toilet training, which continued into early school years on account of my inability to make it to the bathroom before my bladder would start to empty.

I was a Huggies Baby. I know this because I can remember sitting in the cart at Walmart on top of a package of Huggies diapers for my little sister. I was also potty trained and wore Huggies Pull Ups as night time protection for bedwetting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBH i think i remember wearing like black and gold homebrand nappies when i was little (wonderz if they make an adult version)

Prefold cloth pin on with plastic pants. I wet the bed into my early teens and continued to wear the same.

I have faint/incomplete memories of cloth diapers & rubber pants while very young (perhaps 3 years old). At some point the pants changed to plastic which I wore for bed-wetting into my eight year.

I don't actually remember, but as I was born in the 1960s, I definitely wore cloth nappies (terry squares, not pre-folds) with rubber (not plastic) pants. I do remember my parents using old nappies as cleaning cloths once my younger sister was potty-trained.

I can remember asking my mom this question when I was younger. Evidently I wore primarily Pampers and Luvs. She said they tried Huggies as well, but had leaking issues with those. Sure enough, I recently found an old photo album with a picture of me wearing a Luvs diaper circa 1988.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back