Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi peeps,

So definitely needing to loose weight I decided February was the target month and tried the cabbage soup diet.

Started Wednesday the 1st Feb and finished up Tuesday 7th. Honestly extremely hard week, no alcohol, hungry, tired, irritable but I lost 4kgs (roughly 8.8 lbs).

From the websites I read you are only supposed to do this diet for a week and leave it for a fortnight so that's what I did, weighed myself following Wednesday and no change, weighed myself again the next Wednesday and the scales said 1kg heavier.

Started again Wednesday 22nd, this time exercised a lot more, ate half as much of the allowable other foods per day to the point of starving... Definitely way worse this second attempt, felt like it went on forever, starving, exhausted, irritated and really hit the cardio hard. End result this morning 3kgs (roughly 6.6lbs) down.

So end result hell month, visibly thinner, notch in on my belt, defined cheek bones etc.

So overall I lost 6kgs in a month, pluses is that I saved money as making cabbage soup costs hardly anything and it worked, not as much as I wanted but yeah it works.

If anyone is thinking about trying this extreme diet can I suggest you set out exactly when you are going to start, lock up ALL or your junk food and cancel ALL of your social engagements and prepare to starve.

Next I am going to try the 5:2 diet and actually going to use the disgusting cabbage soup recipe as my calorie intake for the 2 days a week.

My sister did the cabbage soup diet as well. I was shocked by how much weight she lost. It works thata for sure. But you got to exercise while on it as well to see serious results.

So no one else is willing to give this a crack? Best thing about this diet is you don't have to buy anything from anyone except the green grocer and butcher (but that's Day 5 and 6)

Well I sure don't need to lose any weight...

I would suggest a multivitamin and some form of electrolytes though.

That sounds awfully unhealthy imo.

Extreme diets aren't really my thing and seem dangerous.
I've found success in the simple but slow methods.
Changed my diet to incorporate more fresh food and greens, watch my intake of carbs and sugar, dropped carbonated drinks almost entirely, drink plenty of water, and extremely rarely eat out.
8 months in and down 30 lbs without starving or exercising so that's neat. I'm sure I'd lose more if I bothered to exercise but I can't be fussed lol.

Reactions: KimbaFoxNatsume
I would be concerned about the loss of protein. I would think trying the Mediterranean diet along with exercise would be a better way to go.

For me sometimes I am good, go for smaller meals, less useless carbs and watch what I drink but it doesn't last.

Can't see how a starvation diet of veggie soup could be cause a health concern though.

Anyway I am proud of you strong willed peeps that don't wind up chubby (and wish none of us did) but this thread is for tubbies that are thinking of trying a quick fix as this one works, doesn't cost you anything and will probably save you money.

bro i dunno if youre aware but in this thread you sound seriously similar to those pro-ana nutjobs from the golden age of internet depravity, 2008. i really dont suggest endorsing starvation as a diet, there are multiple medical (and moral) reasons

littlemortem said:
bro i dunno if youre aware but in this thread you sound seriously similar to those pro-ana nutjobs from the golden age of internet depravity, 2008. i really dont suggest endorsing starvation as a diet, there are multiple medical (and moral) reasons

Oh well it worked for me and only made me feel crappy while on the diet.

Not gonna be for everyone I suppose.

Argent said:

Surely you've got to stick with the diet, otherwise you'll just pile the weight back on, won't you? Or do you switch to a different diet once you've lost the initial weight?

Hi Tiny, You have to switch to a different diet, Cabbage Soup is one week at a time with a fortnight minimum in between before doing it again. I tried to switch to the 5:2 diet but didn't quite manage it he first week... try try again.

Sure the ideal is to go for a healthy balanced diet without over consumption your whole life but if you need to shift flab fast the cabbage soup diet was clearly the most effective for me.

Obviously this diet is only for those that have extra weight and are serious about loosing it, are their risks? Maybe, maybe not.

So much too read but if anyone is interested:

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-benefits-of-fasting-that-will-surprise-you.html

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com

If you are a fatty and can't shift the weight no matter how hard you try I can tell you it helped me and following the diet I am not only visibly thinner, weigh less, saved money for the weeks but also following the diet my portion size has decreased, I am sure given time if I don't work at it I could easily get back to eating huge meals but feeling fuller quicker with less is a great secondary benefit.

Argent said:

Not gonna be for everyone I suppose.

yeah you feel crappy while on it because youre eating basically Nothing.

"its a diet" its starvation, which isnt a diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back