Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilsteve

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
ok I like most of us enjoy wetting my nappy but i rarely sleep in one, the reason? leaks! i heve tried various pvc pants before but nothing seems to have solved the problem of containment, i personally use disposeables so they dont leak that bad but when they do the cuffs on my pvc pants just dont seem to do anything to stop it getting on the sheets, i would like to try cloth at night but if they cant stop a disposeable how could they cope with a wet terry? what im looking for is advice, what type of waterproof pants do you reccoment because so many i have found lacking

Here's my advice: a cloth diaper and plastic pants over your regular diaper. The cloth diaper will catch the leaks, and the plastic pants will keep the cloth from soaking through to your bed. I find the cheap $10 Baby Pants plastic pants to work well. I haven't tried their cloth diaper, though, as I use their training pants over my diaper in their stead.

I've only just recently bought some plastic pants and found sizing kinda odd...

I wear a cloth diaper over girl Goodnites and then LeakMaster high back plastic pants and I never leak. The problem with flooding a disposable is that the liquid that floods out, puddles in the plastic pants. Any movement of your legs causes slight gaps and the pee finds a way to leak out. A cloth diaper absorbs the extra pee. Plastic pants are made to protect clothing and furniture from a wet cloth diaper, not hold pee per se.

If this helps, I have a 32" waist and I wear size small plastic pants except for PUL plastic pants. Those I wear medium.

Right. Plastic pants over a disposable are of little use. A cloth diaper absorbs urine and the pants keep it from wicking onto bedding or clothing. When a disposable leaks into a plastic pant, there is nothing to absorb it, so i t eventually leaks out.

BlueGrey said:
Right. Plastic pants over a disposable are of little use. A cloth diaper absorbs urine and the pants keep it from wicking onto bedding or clothing. When a disposable leaks into a plastic pant, there is nothing to absorb it, so i t eventually leaks out.[/QUOTE]

I would put that another way - Urine like water seeks it's own level - ah er gravity feed. Doesn't matter what the containment field is - with nothing to absorb or slow the flow the fluids will rapidly
descend the plastic rapids and leak out at the bottom most level - so it is best that edge next to the elastic band be made of absorbent material and not free flowing plastic - the more of it the better !

First off. What kind of disposable diapers have you been using. For overnight, I find even confidy and northshore are often not enough unless I also use a booster. Anything less is pretty much a guarantee to leak.

Second, what position do you sleep in? This makes a big difference, especially if you sleep on your side like I do.

I use cloth diaper and vinyl pull-on with encased elastic leg and waist bands. I find they don't leak as bad as cloth waste bands

Lilsteve;i personally use disposeables so they dont leak that bad but when they do the cuffs on my pvc pants just dont seem to do anything to stop it getting on the sheets said:
Waterproof pants work with a cloth diaper by providing a barrier until the cloth diaper can catch up to the flow by wicking the wetness to a dry section of the diaper. Once a cloth diaper reaches maximum capacity, the pee will pool against the waterproof pant and leak - by wicking through the fabric covered elastics.

With a waterproof pant over a disposable however, there will be no pee between the disposable and pant until the disposable diaper has reached capacity. Once that happens, you will have leaks. A plastic pant over a disposable is only going to buy you a little extra time to change.:sweatdrop: This is not a workable solution for night time diapering

So what you need for overnight is more absorbency. You can get this by adding boosters to your diaper or wearing lined plastic pants over your disposable. These pants have a lining of terry or flannel and are called "trainers" or "All-in-ones" in addition to "lined" pants.

Edley Lang makes a great lined plastic pant that have 2 layers of very cute patterned flannel. The flannel lining has elastic leg gathers separate from the plastic pant. The plastic and flannel are joined only at the waist and the waist band is completely encased with the vinyl to reduce wicking at the waist band. This design has 2 advantages. It greatly facilitates washing and drying since the flannel and plastic separate when you turn the garment inside out. And secondly, separate leg gathers reduce wicking through the fabric covered elastics. This pant is available from Life Style Emporium www.lifestylesemporium.com and for a little while longer from Changing Times Diaper Company www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back