I decided to try diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAlienBabe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
After reading all of your posts I've decided to try my first adult diaper. It would come in handy to wear them when I'm on my time of the month anyway. Any advice for a first timer?

The secret is to pull the back flat underneath yourself - like, the tape wings need to be out at full - I can't believe I only just learned about that recently. I've been doing it wrong for so long!

Also - powder the diaper, not yourself - unless you have someone to diaper you you'll just end up nullifying the adhesive.

HAVE FUN!

If you're planning on using it, make sure it's snugly taped so you don't leak, there's a very helpful taping guide on this very site. Also, I'd suggest making sure you try it when you've got a little time to yourself, so you don't have to worry about doing everything quickly or not getting to enjoy it as much as you want. I remember the first adult diaper making me feel pretty awkward manipulating it and it took a while to use it, too.

Aside from that, have fun! Diapers are awesome.

I forgot to mention that I want to try a cloth one.

AcePrincess said:
After reading all of your posts I've decided to try my first adult diaper. It would come in handy to wear them when I'm on my time of the month anyway. Any advice for a first timer?

AcePrincess said:

Yay! Welcome to the dark side! :p

What kind of advice are you looking for? If you're looking for cloth diapers, I think the easiest ones would be the shaped kind with velcro tapes built-in. You don't need to fold them, and you don't need pins. But you'd also need plastic pants. Something like this, maybe:

http://www.fetware.com/velcro-closure-100-cotton-contour-diaper-p-34.html

I've no idea whether that company are any good -- I haven't used any US-based suppliers myself.

Cloth diapers are pretty expensive, but you only need to buy them once. I actually wore cloth as a little kid, but I prefer disposables now.

Thanks, but I found some better ones than that on ebay. Someone hand makes them.

AcePrincess said:
Thanks, but I found some better ones than that on ebay. Someone hand makes them.

Coolio! I hope you like them. If not, well... at least now you know. And if you do... happy days!

goodluck trying diapers and I hope all goes well for you.

and don't forget the rash cream apply it vigorously!

I've only been able to wear diapers for a bit but... what is the use of baby lotion? What does it help?

animefanK said:
I've only been able to wear diapers for a bit but... what is the use of baby lotion? What does it help?

It helps to protect your skin from diaper rash, just like on a real baby. You need to be careful not to get the diaper lotion on the tapes or the landing area on your diaper or the tapes won't stick. This isn't a problem if you are wearing cloth and using diaper pins, obviously. Aveeno diaper lotion/cream is very effective as it contains Dimethicone which is very effective in protecting the skin. Hospitals use it on diabetics' feet.

AcePrincess said:
I wouldn’t recommend it for menstrual discharge (they are hardly convenient being something you can’t toss when used, so you have to carry wet/messy/bloody in this case often foul smelling material around) , or before you try disposables, if its for convenience they are the way to go.

Last edited:
The diapers are more comfortable than normal underwear.

you’ve gotten them already?

Last edited:
No I used a disposable one that was someone else's but I can't use any more of their diapers.

AcePrincess said:
No I used a disposable one that was someone else's but I can't use any more of their diapers.
I would repeat Rennecfox here, I dont suggest cloth diapers for your period. If you are wanting something that is comfortable and convenient for menstrual discharge, I recommend disposables.

I enjoy wearing and wetting my cloth diapers, but it would cause the discharge to stay there, close to the skin. Trust me, my wife tried using one due to laundry issues and she HATED it!! Now she will use a disposable diaper at night while cycling since she sleeps on her side.

As far as other tips, are you new to wearing diapers or adult diapers? As in, have you been wearing something like Goodnites or something similar previously. Kind of makes a difference in what to suggest.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Well they would definitely be washed often.

Osito said:
Could you recommend a UK supplier for ones like that?

Ah, sorry -- I bought one once years ago, but the company don't make them any more. I think you can get them at saveexpress.de (although they're in Germany).

AceAlienBabe said:
Well they would definitely be washed often.
doing laundry gets expensive (unless you plan to look into an adult diapering service (not sure how common they are anymore, never used them myself, not really a big fan of the idea of communal diapers no matter what sanitation methods are entailed)), you also can’t stay comfortably in those diapers for very long, the convience factor goes out the window. You’ll at the very least need a weeks worth of diapers (unless you plan on doing laundry everyday) that right will be pretty big investment as cloth diapers are pricey and those have to be changed when that happens.

If I buy a diaper every time I have extra money it wouldn't be any different than having a lot of pairs of normal underwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back