Do people still buy from Bambino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bambinobaby said:
I have never had issues with Bambino. They have always shipped discreetly for me, reliably, and on-time. That said, I guess I am one of the suckers who continually have fell for Bambino's sales. Glad you guys are here to set me straight!

Couple of questions:

-I understand the new ABU offers free shipping on case orders. Is their shipping reliably discreet?

Yes. ABU shipping is very discreet. I have had multiple boxes shipped to me at my work and nobody has a clue.

-Does the new ABU ever offer sales or discounts?

That I do not know.

-I see they ship UPS on case orders. Is this UPS Ground shipping or is it Smart Post? This matters to me because I don't receive street delivery via the postal service where I live, so if they ship smart post, not ground, then I have to go to the post office and embarrassingly pick up a large box full of diapers.

UPS Ground. They provide a link in an email to track your package. Also the shipping is free in the contiguous 48 states.

How do the ABU diapers compare to the Bellissimo's which are my current favorite go-to diaper?

The Bellissimo is a very nice absorbant diaper. I have 2 problems with it: The absorbent material clumps in the middle when they are full and the tapes are not strong enough. ABU Simple does not have those problems. The ABU works incredibly well for me.
Thanks SO much for the help!

You are quite welcome!

I've always wanted to try bambinos, but unfortunately the sizing on them is too big for me. If they ever offered a size smaller than medium then I'd consider it.

I just got 16 Bambinos three days ago. They are better for wetting.

I used to order from them all the time. Then twice in a row they didn't send the shipping tracking number and didn't respond to emails requesting it. Tracking is important because I live in an apartment so I need to know if they've been delivered to the office.

Also I discovered dry 24/7's and ABU came out with the simples.

was tempted to get and try some of their secure pluses since I found a case in my size going for 32 shipping included

I used to buy Bambino products at a huge markup through Tottybots when they were operating.

I don't buy them anymore. In my opinion, ABU Space range products (which are available through Littles Downunder at a far more reasonable price) work equally well.

If Bambino didn't require potential suppliers to take on a full-time Bambino-only sales rep, and if they didn't consider themselves the grande dame of the diaper community, they might find things easier.

A full time rep for bambino only, that takes balls the size of a dump truck
Do they make a product that will accommodate such balls !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

As being on the other side of the pond Bambino's actually no option at all. As far as I know they even block non-US-IPs.... ABU's totally different. They even deliver to Europe! The coustoms clearance turns the purchase into luxury, but it's worth it!
To tell a long story short, eventually:
No chance for Bambinos :(

I was a big fan of Bambino, but with all the horrible things I have been hearing lately it certainly does put me off from buying from them.

I've read on their twitter site that they've secured an European distributor, they didn't say who, as someone from the UK I've never tried them and would like to give them ago, can someone tell me who's tried them, is the plastic backing crinkly? Really like nappies that have a good crinkle to them.
The best thing I do like about them is that they look the most babyish out of all the abdl nappies out there.

TotalDry Plus was a big disappointment for me, and I haven't ordered anything since. I have gone almost totally 'sposie' when wearing day-to-day. My stash of cloth pocket diapers is in a bag in my closet; I haven't worn them in some weeks. I prefer the ABU Space to anything Bambino makes, and they're my diaper of choice when I'm alone. My sitter loves the Northshore Supreme Lites. The Northshore diapers are far more absorbent - on a par with Classico, in my opinion - and easy for her to change. Unlike almost every Bambino product, the Northshore diapers are difficult to discern under warmups or tennis shorts.

I really don't buy from them anymore but would still buy from them it I wanted to.

Waddlebum said:
can someone tell me who's tried them, is the plastic backing crinkly? Really like nappies that have a good crinkle to them.

They have somewhat large changes between batches. I have an older batch that crinkles very intensely and is the softest plastic I've ever felt. But the newer batches are once again back to barely soft plastic and less crinkle, but still some. I've even bought from a bad batch or two where the plastic felt stiff and awful to the touch.

I think what's happening is they're constantly changing Chinese suppliers to get the lowest price they can from their side.

Okay thanks for the info, Goten.
I guess if and when they do come over to this side of the Atlantic, I'll buy some samples to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back