ADISC.org - The AB/DL/IC Support Community

KBoy
KBoy
There is probably a commercial on YouTube for the silly thing, I'm just laughing to hard to look for it 😹
  • Haha
Reactions: michaelmc, Cottontail and BobbiSueEllen
Cottontail
Cottontail
@KBoy I'm guessing this is the one. I like how they emphasize "pretend baby lotion." They could see the frivolous lawsuits coming, ha ha.
  • Haha
Reactions: KBoy, michaelmc and BobbiSueEllen
michaelmc
michaelmc
I thought Gandalf was alright i think off him when constipated ....
"You shall not pass" 😬 "run you fools" 😳🤣
  • Haha
Reactions: KBoy, BobbiSueEllen and Cottontail
PrettyLilPrincess
PrettyLilPrincess
My sis and I had a handful of Baby Alive dolls when we were little. Did you know that in 2006 there was an anatomically correct boy doll? It was drink and wet, and there was a girl version too. Looking back, that was a pretty ballsy move by Hasbro in my opinion (Pun intended! I am the worst.). IE, I don't have a problem with it, but we all know that there are parents out there who would.
  • Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, KBoy and Cottontail
Cottontail
Cottontail
@PrettyLilPrincess Ballsy indeed, LOL. Google finds me a few examples, mostly billed as "educational," which amuses me--as if having barely discernible plastic "extras" in the crotch completely changes the function of the doll. We sure are funny about sex. And Baby Alive should've been sacked for promoting toilet humor! ("Heeheehee... POOP!") Sis and I needed no encouragement there. :)
  • Haha
Reactions: KBoy, michaelmc, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
PrettyLilPrincess
PrettyLilPrincess
Oh- if you're looking for the doll in question, here it is! This commercial also demonstrates how these dolls function - as you can see, they weren't "typical" drink and wet dolls!
Reactions: KBoy, michaelmc, Cottontail and 1 other person
Cottontail
Cottontail
@PrettyLilPrincess I see! I wonder how much that contributed to the rarity of the boy ones. They're certainly a lot more expensive on eBay. Did you and your sister have that vintage?
PrettyLilPrincess
PrettyLilPrincess
Yep! I don't have any memories of actually playing with him- though I do remember coming across him on occasion when I'd rummage through the toy closet in the basement. He of course had no diaper on! XD
  • Haha
Cottontail
Cottontail
Ha ha. Aww, poor guy. But that's like my Cabbage Patch Kid, Carl. I still have him, and he's in ok shape, but he's been without a diaper for decades. Maybe I'll dig him out tomorrow and fix that. And blog it. I'm sure the Pampers I have are wayyy too big, but it would probably only take a few minutes for me to sew him a diaper.
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy, PrettyLilPrincess, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
michaelmc
michaelmc
Never thought i'd be jealous of a Cabbage patch kid! 🤣
  • Haha
Reactions: KBoy, Cottontail and BobbiSueEllen
Cottontail
Cottontail
I'm sorry to say that Carl's return to diapers will have to wait until next week. I knew right where he was, but after digging him out, it took me most of an hour to undo the mess I'd made. It's almost time for work now.
Reactions: KBoy, BobbiSueEllen and PrettyLilPrincess
Cottontail
Cottontail
Also, the years have not been kind to Carl's wardrobe. It appears that the only clothes I have for him now are some light blue slacks and a dark red plaid shirt. My fashion sense as a seven-year-old... He looks like Al from Home Improvement! I might have to fix that next.
  • Haha
Reactions: KBoy, michaelmc, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
PrettyLilPrincess
PrettyLilPrincess
I meant to mention yesterday- I didn't know you knew how to sew! And it seems you're knowledgeable about fabricwork (probably not the correct terminology) and such too! (have we had this conversation before? I can't remember)
Cottontail
Cottontail
@PrettyLilPrincess Oh yes! Sewing was my COVID lockdown hobby. I needed to learn something new to avoid insanity while sitting around. I bought a sewing machine and serger and watched YouTube to learn. :) Wife's put me to work since. I even made new living room and bedroom curtains! That was a bit boring, but they look nice IMO.
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy, michaelmc, PrettyLilPrincess and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
I gotta get my Brother machine's thread-bunching sorted or get another machine. I wanna get my "permanent Pampers" made up! Got pink & white PULs for the outside, ultra-cuddly-soft polar fleece for the inside & elastics, all waiting to go together. Patterned after 1988 Pampers. 🥳🥰
  • Love
Cottontail
Cottontail
@BobbiSueEllen I hope you get it sorted! Mine's a Brother also, as is the serger. The serger's nice but the sewing machine's a cheapie--might cost more to fix than to replace if it ever broke. I've been contemplating an upgrade though (probably to another Brother model, as they feel familiar now).
michaelmc
michaelmc
Back to Barbie i think the reason pregnant Barbie wouldn't work is because Ken came in another box not Barbie's 😁
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Cottontail and KBoy
Cottontail
Cottontail
@michaelmc Aww, c'mon. Surely you've seen Toy Story! They all hope out of their boxes and shack up as soon as the store/place/whatever closes. Barbie had some great quotes in Toy Story 3 too. ("Nice ascot!" :ROFLMAO: )
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, KBoy and michaelmc
BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
I saw that line used in a Buick (?) ad once: some guy is asked a question and he replies "You bet your ascot!" 🤭
  • Haha
Reactions: KBoy, michaelmc and Cottontail
Cottontail
Cottontail
@BobbiSueEllen I don't know whether to be amused or horrified that Wikipedia's ascot tie page has a picture of Saddam Hussein on it. I feel like they probably didn't need that particular example. :rolleyes:
  • Haha
Back