Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

Discrete Diaper Bag

HockeyGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Need some advice. What does your discrete diaper bag look like? I want something small that I can take around, especially while visiting friends and family, that can store just one diaper and maybe wipes and trash bags. I’m a guy so it needs to be something that wouldn’t stand out. Alternatively, should I go “big” and put non diaper stuff in there in case someone asks, like a backpack. Want something that people won’t question if I walk into my friends house carrying.

Would people question why you are carrying a smallish backpack? Around here, that wouldn't look odd, but I don't know about DC. (Briefcase?)

It could also be a large laptop bag that you bring with you, because you don't want to leave it in the car. One room could be for the spare diaper and accessories.

Reactions: PricklyPear
No one asks about a laptop bag or messenger bag.

No one has ever asked about my backpack. Even when it goes in the bathroom with me.

Reactions: TigerDL and LittleTyke
Backpack, laptop, and messenger bag are the common ones. I use a backpack and no one has ever said anything I even have my initials on the strap so no one takes it by accident.

Reactions: TigerDL and LittleTyke
So it sounds like something small would stand out more than say a messenger bag. I don’t want something too big though.

Reactions: mistykitty
I just wear my normal everyday backpack like I wore to school. No questions asked.

jamiejamie said:
I just wear my normal everyday backpack like I wore to school. No questions asked.
If you were spending the day w family or at a friends house, wouldn’t they wonder why you need a backpack? Just curious. I feel like my friends/family would wonder.

Reactions: Belarin
Generally a messenger bag is pretty good especially if they have those "hidden" compartments inside to hide valuables like phones and the like inside. The only real issue is if youre carrying around powder or cream which might be a tad obvious unless you play off talcum powder as something for your shoes.

Reactions: Belarin and TigerDL
I use to use a duffle bag when I had a diaper bag before I moved in with my girlfriend and had to hide my abdl side.

If you are a gym rat, you can also stow your “stuff” in the gym bag, maybe in a separate part?

Carrying a bag has been a lifestyle for centuries. I encourage anyone who reads this to find some sort of bag/pouch/messenger bag/backpack and carry what you want to carry. Spend some time looking at what fits your lifestyle. make sure it fits your local laws and permitting. I carry a (licensed and permitted) handgun and pepper spray in the same bag along with extra pullup and wipe pack plus many personal items like lip balm, mints, my silicone anxiety chewy, glasses cleaning wipes, hand sanitizer, a couple folded paper towels, multi tool, tiny flashlight, a few strands of wire, zip ties, extra batteries etc.) Basicallt the EDC (Everyday Carry) movement kind of fills the Diaper Bag role for a lot of us. I'm happy to discuss every day carry with folks here as it is a huge anxiety relief tool. What you carry on your person is up to you. And if basic security sees some sort of absorbent personal product, they are trained to see it for what it is and not judge.

You mean a DISCREET bag. Discrete would mean separated in some way.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL

I noticed Northshore carries this drawstring bag. It may be useful for you, unless the branding on the front is a problem.

PrettyLilPrincess said:

I noticed Northshore carries this drawstring bag. It may be useful for you, unless the branding on the front is a problem.
Man. The brand name on it gives it away! I’m sure there are other kind like those you can get at the sporting goods store. But you gotta have a reason for carrying one if your family doesn’t know you like to wear. I don’t even wear diapers around my family cuz they will notice my diaper under my clothes.

jamiejamie said:
Man. The brand name on it gives it away! I’m sure there are other kind like those you can get at the sporting goods store. But you gotta have a reason for carrying one if your family doesn’t know you like to wear. I don’t even wear diapers around my family cuz they will notice my diaper under my clothes.
Yeah - I think that was kind of a questionable move on Northshore's part. I would've loved it if they had kept the "It's cool to be kind" slogan, but omitted the brand name on the front of the bag.

Reactions: jamiejamie
HockeyGuy said:
If you were spending the day w family or at a friends house, wouldn’t they wonder why you need a backpack? Just curious. I feel like my friends/family would wonder.
I have a backpack everywhere I go, usually holding at least a water bottle, sunglasses, medication, a shirt/jacket, a book, often some groceries, etc. I'm always amazed at how some people don't carry around anything, I always need my backpack with me and nobody ever questioned it.

I also carry a small hiking day backpack a lot. I also have this 5.11 tactical messenger bag. I’m going to make it my EDC bag for this summer. It has a separate big pouch I can fit a diaper and wipes in they is totally separate from the main pouch.

Attachments

• 73706956539__EC5B973E-3C59-43A7-B161-104FAA190FEB.jpeg
    73706956539__EC5B973E-3C59-43A7-B161-104FAA190FEB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 73706955254__5FEEDD6B-C813-4FEA-A946-3F8D94590A5F.jpeg
    73706955254__5FEEDD6B-C813-4FEA-A946-3F8D94590A5F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Edgewater
The AB/DL community believes the General Population is somehow fully aware of the Adult Diaper Market. If not for Depends and maybe Attends, no one knows who or what products are even available. That anyone will know who NorthShore is!! Likely an Apparel Line!!

The great fear that a NorthShore tote would be noticed, let alone understood as a supplier of Adult Diaper products is less then 1 in 100,000 passerby's!!

HockeyGuy said:
Some people's family/friendship groups might if it is something new and unusual, for me personally I always had a backpack to take to school since I was 5 all the way to 16, at that point it was second nature, anywhere I go I have a backpack, literally anywhere. I've gone out for a meal with friends/family and had a backpack on me, hikes, shopping, cinema, visiting friends/family... Even if it is only carrying my wallet and phone or spare batteries and juice for a vape, I have a backpack so it is a normal thing and no one thinks about it. Not hard to get to that point for someone who has never carried a bag either, just start carrying one nobody will care but if worried put in a couple things like phone and charger, small umbrella, keys etc.

Traveler said:
Carrying a bag has been a lifestyle for centuries. I encourage anyone who reads this to find some sort of bag/pouch/messenger bag/backpack and carry what you want to carry. Spend some time looking at what fits your lifestyle. make sure it fits your local laws and permitting. I carry a (licensed and permitted) handgun and pepper spray in the same bag along with extra pullup and wipe pack plus many personal items like lip balm, mints, my silicone anxiety chewy, glasses cleaning wipes, hand sanitizer, a couple folded paper towels, multi tool, tiny flashlight, a few strands of wire, zip ties, extra batteries etc.) Basicallt the EDC (Everyday Carry) movement kind of fills the Diaper Bag role for a lot of us. I'm happy to discuss every day carry with folks here as it is a huge anxiety relief tool. What you carry on your person is up to you. And if basic security sees some sort of absorbent personal product, they are trained to see it for what it is and not judge.
This is me, I've always had a bag on me, basically if I'm leaving the house I have a backpack. Usually has my phone, keys, Vape juice and batteries and wallet and often a portable charging pack. I used to always carry a torch before my phone became one, as well as pen and paper and a small (pretty much pocket sized) first aid kid, a compact umbrella and water bottle depending on if I might need them or not. I can't recall a single time I've ever regretted carrying a backpack with me, but plenty of times where I left it at home and wished I had it. I Can't recommend it enough always having a good bag.

As for diaper bags any bag that is big enough will do, go with whatever you are most comfortable with. The only suggestion I would have is to look for a bag that has a "hidden" compartment. Many bags will have a main compartment and inside that will be a space you can unzip to keep something separate, these are best for diaper bags because you can easily open it up and if anyone peeks inside they won't immediately see a diaper unless they go digging in that hidden compartment.

For me personally I would like to get something like This, downside is it is fairly obviously a diaper bag especially if you open that front pocket and see 3 baby bottle sized/shaped pockets. what I love though is that one of those pockets can connect a power bank to keep a milk bottle warm and the external USB port to access a powerbank inside which is great for on the go charging.

Back