Have any continent people have any real accidents?

I recently came home late from a long session of studying in a otherwise also very stressful training and fell asleep on the couch with some TV on in my jeans. I woke up again when they were half-soaked already (of course undiapered šŸ˜‚)
I felt really small in that moment - just like a real bedwetter again.

I had that dream we all know of going to the loo and kind of ā€žmissingā€œ the toilet when I start feeling it going into my pants. I tend to have those every few months if I happen to be very tired.

Last edited:
  • Celebrate
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
My bladder and bowel control is much worse since going 24/7. When I've had a few beers I can never trust a fart.

I came very, very close to having a very bad diarrhea accident back in December. I had met up with a friend for lunch in North Vancouver, then I took the SeaBus back to downtown. When I was on the SeaBus I felt the need to go to the washroom, but I ignored it because I avoid public washrooms like the plague. By the time we got to Waterfront station it got more urgent, but I thought I could hold it until I rode a couple stops on the Skytrain to get back to the condo I was staying at. On the skytrain it got even worse, and I was in a ton of pain. By the time I got off at Yaletown I literally RAN back towards my building and nearly lost control when I was in the elevator. Looking back, it was a miracle that I didn't have an accident.

• Wow
Reactions: theancientmariner
I have to wear pads during the day as have little leaks have had full accident once when wearing the pull up after wearing for a few days

I have peed slighly into my panties while asleep and didn't know it. The other day, I stood up and voided involuntarily into my diaper without trying.

Before a medical issue left me with bed wetting i did have one or two accidents at night as a young adult in my early 18s but it only happened once or twice. Luckily i was wearing and was surprised when i woke up with a slightly soaked diaper.

TheWetOne said:
I would imagine that, if they were being honest, virtually everyone has had an accident of some sort during their lives. I think it's immaterial whether they are continent or not, I think it happens to everyone at sometime or another, maybe urinary or fecal, a major or minor accident happens to everyone.
I agree itā€™s bound to happen at least once due to circumstances out of oneā€™s control. As a decidedly middle-age DL, Iā€™ve had my share. Mostly, they werenā€™t accidents per say because I was diapered and put myself in a situation where I had no choice to use it, but also there have been a few that were truly unwanted and unplanned, mostly not diapered either.

One that seemed mostly out of my control was in college. I wet myself during a final exam when I couldn't leave without turning it in unfinished and losing points. I didn't just suddenly lose control, but was slowly leaking as I tried to hold it, and my pants were obviously wet when I finished. I managed to hide the wetness as I turned in my exam and slipped out of the lecture hall, but I didn't make it to a bathroom and completely wet my pants outside the building. Fortunately, I was wearing dark shorts and if anyone noticed, I didn't know them, but I was still mortified.

Other times were due to poor choices on my part - once walking home from a BBQ with my son in a stroller and misjudging how rapidly my urgency would grow after drinking entirely too much iced tea on a warm day. I made it to the house, but started to wet as I was unlocking the door and getting him inside. Ironically, the potty training toddler made it with dry pants and I did not. Another time, it took an inordinately long time to get out of a parking lot after a show, and I had skipped a long bathroom line and chosen to wait until we got home to pee. I was barely holding on as I drove, and started slowly wetting a few blocks from home. Fortunately, I had sat on a towel and arrived with damp pants but a dry car seat.

My wife has also dashed in the door desperate to go a few times and made it to the bathroom, but not with her pants totally dry. Similarly, we both have intermittent, mild IBS that is usually well controlled, but have each had an incident of sudden GI distress where we didnā€™t quite make it. Not embarrassing complete accidents, but enough to need to go home and change.

Reactions: ewie and PadPhilosopher
I mean that's kinda how it started for me anyway. Having the occasional legitimate accident. I would be out in public and get the uncontrollable urge for a solid BM and have to walk funny to try to get home before it made it's way out. The funny thing is now when I have BM accidents it's not solid.

• Hug
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Never. That said, with age and more ABDL participation, I do "dribble" a little more after going #1 in the toilet. But only for a short period of time. I can usually squeeze it out. I do enjoy wearing those really thin black Tena "protective shields" though.

Reactions: princessarya, braveboy85 and PadPhilosopher
wearing regular underwear. Gambled on a fart......and lost.

• Hug
Reactions: princessarya and PadPhilosopher
Only had the very occasional real accident when not nappied, like most people probably do if they're being honest. Have also wet myself in my sleep when in a nappy, but think that was subconsciously realising I didn't have to get up and could just let myself go, but I was worried for a while it would happen when I wasn't nappied and I'd start wetting the bed, which fortunately hasn't happened, so far.

I've had a few accidents both protected and non-protected. Couple of instances I can remember where I was in a work from home meeting, was padded up, and had no easy way to excuse myself from the meeting. The urge got strong enough that eventually it just came out into the padding.

Another time, was having bowel discomfort and consciously peed, but was legitimately unaware that anything else had happened until I changed.

I haven't had a true accident unprotected in a couple of years but have been very desperate on a few occasions. I do have a tendency to from "zero to sixty" in just a few minutes when taking walks.

Don't think DL activities have made any of these worse since it is honestly so infrequent that I wear. Though am seriously thinking of getting some male pads for hikes and walks.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Rutibex and Fleetwoodmac32192
I am not incontinent but yes I have had accidents mainly at night if I have had to much to drink, so it's a good thing I wear nappies to bed.

Reactions: Seabear, PadPhilosopher and princessarya
I have. Unfortunately in my normal underpants rather than a nappy.

• Hug
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and princessarya
ScruffyDL said:
I am curious if people feel their DL activities are causing these accidents.
For me at least, I donā€™t think being DL and sometimes wearing diapers has caused any more accidents than I would have had otherwise. It has probably made me not be freaked out or overly worried a few times I have been caught short and had or nearly had one, and maybe I pushed my luck a bit more than if I were not DL. Since I actually enjoy wet diapers and pants, it is really only the potential embarrassment of a public accident that bothers me. One way it may affect things is if I do a long intentional hold, or series of holds. Iā€™ll have much more frequent urgency that comes on very rapidly for a while afterward until my bladder recovers. Basically, it is tired like I did a hard run and needs to recover. That can lead to an unwanted accident if Iā€™m not careful since the urgency can go from 0 to 60 in a matter of minutes. I rarely do holds like that, but there have been a couple of times I was out and about after a hold where I was fortunate I took precautions and wore a Goodnite.

My overall frequency and the effect of certain drinks (iced tea, one of my favorites, is especially bad) have on urgency and frequency has increased significantly as I have entered my 50s. It hasnā€™t led to accidents, but I have to be more vigilant about stopping in bathrooms when available, and has led to more uncomfortable times and close calls than when I was younger. It also seems my bladder knows when it will be harder to find a restroom, and ramps up the urgency then. When I was coaching my son's soccer team, one field we used had no restrooms and invariably I would have to pee as soon as practice started and hold it throughout. It never happened at other fields. Another time, his band was marching in a parade, and several of us parents walked behind them to help out. I used a portapotty just before we started, and had to go so badly by halfway that I seriously thought I would have an accident. I could find no where to go, and I ended up back at my car peeing in a cup under a blanket in the passenger seat. On a normal morning, I could wait hours to go if I had to.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and wetaccident
If not padded I wet my pants all the time as my my balder donā€™t gov enough time for to ge the toilet

ScruffyDL said:
I am curious if people feel their DL activities are causing these accidents. As I get older I am feeling more urge incontinence type episodes. This has gone down since I switched my diet to mostly whole-plant based protein. Since switching I have been able to drop my medication for hypertension and lost some weight. I have an enlarged prostate and this diet change has helped me some in that area as well as in terms of sex. The smell of pee and poo has changed a lot too. It is so strange how what we eat can really effect us.
Sorry, this isn't a comment about your post, but is that nice dog on your profile pic a Weimaraner by any chance?

Oh I just remembered this other time that I soiled myself. There was a time when I was still a kid living with my parents. We went to a nice steak house for dinner. For some reason this steak didn't agree with me. I tried to hold it in but it just started coming out as we pulled into the driveway. If I forgot about that one then I'm wondering how many others I have forgot about.

• Wow
I have a few times when I've worn for really long stretches but then lose the ability to for awhile. I keep a close eye on things though and so far I've still got it so wearing is the yes no trigger for my body for the most part. That being said, despite my efforts if things stay that way... well there's no guarantees for that.

Weekends, I walk across town to a cafe for breakfast. About 3/4 the way back to my house, I loose pooped in my tighty whities. It has to do with the medication I take. I now take that walk with a diaper. Most times, I make it home.

• Hug
Back