Playtex baby pants

RUSSKY

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How many of you who are cloth diaper fans remember Playtex baby pants. They where still around in the seventy's. I sewed two pairs of dess-ezz pants together to form a make shift pant to fit an adult with a 30" waist. This was before adult plastic pants were widely available.

Reactions: littledub1955 and Angelapinks
I'm not positive that I remember them. I remember the name mostly associated with ladies bras. If they were around in the 1950s then I must have been aware of them. Plastic baby pants played a huge role in my early diaper life when I was only 5 or 6 years old.

Reactions: littledub1955, Zeke and Angelapinks
steviet said:
I'm not positive that I remember them. I remember the name mostly associated with ladies bras. If they were around in the 1950s then I must have been aware of them. Plastic baby pants played a huge role in my early diaper life when I was only 5 or 6 years old.
My mother had one or two Playtex Rubber Girdles that I was in love with. I wore them quite often as a boy of about 11 or 12.

Angelapinks said:
My mother had one or two Playtex Rubber Girdles that I was in love with. I wore them quite often as a boy of about 11 or 12.
Fuuny..I would try my mom's rubber girdles on once in a while too. i got caught one time by an elderly neighbor who was coming over to babysit one night. I was probably 7 or 8 years old but nothing was ever said to me

There are a number of listings on eBay for Playtex baby pants. It's not clear when they stopped making those. I don't remember seeing them in stores when I was a kid though (late 70s/early 80s), and am fairly certain I wore Gerber pants. Certainly my younger sister did.

I remember these. My grandmother carried the in her women's clothing store along with the women's Playtex items.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Zeke
Beginning in 1939 with an interruption for the War Playtex made a latex baby pant as shown in my avatar. It’s my understanding they dropped the latex version in 1954 in favor of cheaper and easier to care for plastic pant. I have faint memories of a diaper cover that was stretchy and fragrant, likely a Playtex latex baby pant. Whatever, it imprinted on little me.

RUSSKY said:
How many of you who are cloth diaper fans remember Playtex baby pants. They where still around in the seventy's. I sewed two pairs of dess-ezz pants together to form a make shift pant to fit an adult with a 30" waist. This was before adult plastic pants were widely available.
One of my relatives had them for their daughter that was born late in their child bearing years and when I used to swipe plastic pants out of diaper bags, baby bureaus, clotheslines, and diaper pails as an adolescent. It surprised me when I took that pair of Playtex diaper covers, which were made of a plastic coated nylon fabric like PUL pants today, as they were getting worn kind of thin as far as the plastic coating was concerned making them kind of undesirable for what I was using them for back then (somewhere between ‘67 - ‘73).

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
There are a number of listings on eBay for Playtex baby pants. It's not clear when they stopped making those. I don't remember seeing them in stores when I was a kid though (late 70s/early 80s), and am fairly certain I wore Gerber pants. Certainly my younger sister did.
I never remember seeing Playtex Baby Pants in Canada back in the 60's to the 80's, just the rubber Playtex Girdles my mother had.

Cottontail said:
Cottontail said:
Gerber plastic pants were my favorite thing when I was 5. I was a bed wetter, so my parents got a wet bed alarm. Waking up to a care taker diaper change is so much better than an ear shattering buzzer.

So true peace for me is, putting on a pair. I can still squeeze into the old Gerber vinyl toddler plastic pants.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Cottontail
Back