Difference between Femboy & Sissy

im femboy

Sissy definitely feels a lot more 'forced', if that makes sense. A lot more submissive. Femboy on the other hand is similar, but I feel they are more independent, dependent on another. As said before by others sissies are normally sissies based on their relationship with a mother/sister...

Could be completely wrong, but thats my interpretation.

Reactions: ShyBoo81
I've always thought "sissy" is a wide church - because it's an old term it comes with history and evolution of language and it gets used from the playground (anything or anyone being a bit effeminate) upwards to adulthood (submission or forced feminisation and the sexuality that goes with it) and therefore everything in between as well.
Femboy - probably due to my age - is a term I've not given too much thought too!

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and ShyBoo81
My first experience of a sissy was talking with someone who identified as a sissy. He (I use the term he loosely as I can't remember how he identified) told me that his wife controlled every aspect of his life. He was always dressed as a little girl and subjected to, what seemed to me extreme, humiliation.
Apparently the wife brought back several men for sex and would humiliate him in front of the men sometimes getting him to lick (don't want to be explicit) after sex. Or occasionally service the male lovers orally or allowing them to have sex with him.
But what sealed the deal for me (that it wasn't for me) was a male lover ejaculated over his face and then the wife took a picture and he was forced to send it to every single contact in his phone. I can't even begin to imagine how that must have felt.
I asked him a few days later what happened and he told me several of his friends and family disowned him, others laughed and some deleted the post with comment.
That to me was extreme humiliation and I didn't like the idea that total control could be what I would call cruel.
Now I'm not saying this is what a sissy is, just an example, but it's a complicated subject and may not be able to be labelled as such.
I apologise if I have offended anyone or was too graphic (I'm new and not familiar with the correct etiquette and language.

• Wow
Bazarama said:
My first experience of a sissy was talking with someone who identified as a sissy. He (I use the term he loosely as I can't remember how he identified) told me that his wife controlled every aspect of his life. He was always dressed as a little girl and subjected to, what seemed to me extreme, humiliation.
Apparently the wife brought back several men for sex and would humiliate him in front of the men sometimes getting him to lick (don't want to be explicit) after sex. Or occasionally service the male lovers orally or allowing them to have sex with him.
But what sealed the deal for me (that it wasn't for me) was a male lover ejaculated over his face and then the wife took a picture and he was forced to send it to every single contact in his phone. I can't even begin to imagine how that must have felt.
I asked him a few days later what happened and he told me several of his friends and family disowned him, others laughed and some deleted the post with comment.
That to me was extreme humiliation and I didn't like the idea that total control could be what I would call cruel.
Now I'm not saying this is what a sissy is, just an example, but it's a complicated subject and may not be able to be labelled as such.
I apologise if I have offended anyone or was too graphic (I'm new and not familiar with the correct etiquette and language.
To me that seems far more extreme than simply being a sissy.

“Cuckold” or even “slave” springs to mind.

Ali123 said:
To me that seems far more extreme than simply being a sissy.

“Cuckold” or even “slave” springs to mind.
I identify as a sissy/baby girl. I do not think humiliation has to be a part of the sissy role. Really depends on the person. I like to cuddle!! I love little girly things like cute dresses, lace ankle socks etc. I would rather a loving caring mommy or daddy. For me the sissy part is feeling small and vulnerable.

ShyBoo81 said:
Is there a difference between femboy and sissy? Or are they two words that describe the same thing?

Femboy, from what Ive seen online, is a guy who either crossdress as a girl or present themself in a more feminine fashion. Its something that got popular recently thanks to internet memes, the anime fandom, and social media in general. Honestly Im super glad that more guys are out there openly dressing up in feminine clothes! Maybe not in person, but at least online they do. It helps that this current generation is much more open to different types of gender expression

Sissy, from what I read, is a man who wants to get feminized on purpose and wears exaggerated feminine clothes. I could be wrong though so dont quote me on that lol. Ive only heard of this term when I was still just discovering ABDL. Also, I think it was commonly used waaay before femboys became a trend

Side note: I think femboys are kinda cute, which is why Im making this thread haha :LOL:
There is a big difference. I'm a femboy (hence the name) and I would never call myself a sissy. from my pov a sissy is more forced fem and humiliation, big no. For me being a femboy means that I just dress up slightly more feminine, but in a way that would be acceptable to go out in public in. not frilly dresses or giant knickers.

Hmmm... they are definitely different, but its difficult to say how. they just are

Reactions: dogboy, Ali123, ShyBoo81 and 1 other person
CutestPaddedFemboy said:
There is a big difference. I'm a femboy (hence the name) and I would never call myself a sissy. from my pov a sissy is more forced fem and humiliation, big no. For me being a femboy means that I just dress up slightly more feminine, but in a way that would be acceptable to go out in public in. not frilly dresses or giant knickers.

Hmmm... they are definitely different, but its difficult to say how. they just are
I concur! Just my opinion, but sissy sounds like it is strictly meant for guys to be forced and humiliated into wearing exaggerated feminine clothes. Those overly frilly, puffy, short, pink dresses come to mind when I picture a sissy lol.

But with femboys there is more leeway. You get to choose whatever female fashion style you want and dress up as casual/vanilla or as sexy/risqué as you please.

Reactions: CutestPaddedFemboy
The main difference between the two is perspective. Femboys tend to be younger (Mainly Gen-Z, Millennial), sissies tend to be older (Boomer, Gen X). Many femboys are very sissy at heart, thou there perspective of femininity is very different growing up in a time when women had much more freedom on how to dress. For the older sissy they grow up in a time where women always wore skirts, nylons, girdles, while girls were expected to wear fancy dresses or skirts to school. In both cases the male is internally learning about femininity by watching women and girls and how they dress. Many Femboys actually prefer vs girly flared skirts which is quite sissy compared to modern women fashion, there is a subculture of femboys called maidboys who love wearing maid dresses.

Femboys are modern day sissies who haven't discovered the thrill of ruffles and lace. Sooner or later he might get lucky and smart women will introduce him to his true sissyself.

Radical said:
The main difference between the two is perspective. Femboys tend to be younger (Mainly Gen-Z, Millennial), sissies tend to be older (Boomer, Gen X). Many femboys are very sissy at heart, thou there perspective of femininity is very different growing up in a time when women had much more freedom on how to dress. For the older sissy they grow up in a time where women always wore skirts, nylons, girdles, while girls were expected to wear fancy dresses or skirts to school. In both cases the male is internally learning about femininity by watching women and girls and how they dress. Many Femboys actually prefer vs girly flared skirts which is quite sissy compared to modern women fashion, there is a subculture of femboys called maidboys who love wearing maid dresses.

Femboys are modern day sissies who haven't discovered the thrill of ruffles and lace. Sooner or later he might get lucky and smart women will introduce him to his true sissyself.
yeah... no. you can keep ruffles and laces away from me thank you very much.

femboys are not modern day sissies. I'm one and the though of prilly pink frilly dresses is a big no

• Love
Reactions: ShyBoo81 and Lilschoolfox
Words shift meanings. 20-years ago in places like this; crossdressers, transvestites, amateur drag queens, and such were "transgendered", and people transitioning were "transsexual". The term "shemale" was un-PC. Today anybody can get their ears pierced and their hair dyed blue and call themselves "transgendered", because somebody decided "transsexual" was un-PC as well. 😇

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyBoo81 and Radical
PaigeCherubiel said:
Words shift meanings. 20-years ago in places like this; crossdressers, transvestites, amateur drag queens, and such were "transgendered", and people transitioning were "transsexual". The term "shemale" was un-PC. Today anybody can get their ears pierced and their hair dyed blue and call themselves "transgendered", because somebody decided "transsexual" was un-PC as well. 😇

It's not really a question of political correctness, transsexual supports an idea of physical essentialism which is limiting.

Everyone who medically transitions can be understood to be transgender (any outliers being vanishingly rare) whereas not all transgender people are engaged with or necessarily interested in medical transition.

It is simply a more inclusive and less presumptuous term, hence transsexual falling out of favour: it is simply less useful as a word.

Reactions: Lilschoolfox
CutestPaddedFemboy said:
yeah... no. you can keep ruffles and laces away from me thank you very much.

femboys are not modern day sissies. I'm one and the though of prilly pink frilly dresses is a big no
Ha ha, maybe you just need the right encouragement or a nice pair of ruffled rumba panties to open your eyes.

Radical said:
Ha ha, maybe you just need the right encouragement or a nice pair of ruffled rumba panties to open your eyes.

It's just a matter of taste, not an awakening.

Reactions: ShyBoo81 and Lilschoolfox
"Transgender" was a term originally invented by a non-medically transitioning crossdresser to describe common MTF types who weren't medically transitioning. But someone didn't like words like transvestite, transsexual, or shemale, so they appropriated OUR word. Caitlin Jenner once scolded the ladies on The View that it was rude to ask what stage of transition she was at. 😇

PaigeCherubiel said:
"Transgender" was a term originally invented by a non-medically transitioning crossdresser to describe common MTF types who weren't medically transitioning. But someone didn't like words like transvestite, transsexual, or shemale, so they appropriated OUR word.

That's the issue. The previous lexicon put physical condition at the centre of the discussion.

I don't know who originated the term but the narrative you are describing seems incoherent. I may very well be misreading something (it is bed time for me) but as things stand I can't offer any useful response. It does seem quite interesting though so if you do want to get into it a bit more I can try to show where I got lost.

PaigeCherubiel said:
Caitlin Jenner once scolded the ladies on The View that it was rude to ask what stage of transition she was at. 😇

Good, it probably was rude.

I'm dropping this argument; because I don't know how much you know about American law regarding gender identity. 20 years ago I would of had to prove to my state I'd had a penectomy, just to change the gender letter on my Driver's License. In some more conservative states today you are the gender you were born with. There are whole swaths of this country that consider drag perversion. 😇

Radical said:
Many Femboys actually prefer vs girly flared skirts which is quite sissy compared to modern women fashion, there is a subculture of femboys called maidboys who love wearing maid dresses.

I guess you're not wrong about that. Most street fashion women wear nowadays isnt as dainty looking compared to what I see online in the femboy world lol. Maidboys I think are adorable, but only if it leans more towards the cute side and isnt too sexualized imo

That last sentence though, eh, well it depends. Im sure theres some femboys who like the ruffled lacey stuff you typically find on sissies, and some who dont. Nice thing about the online femboy community is there isnt just one type of female fashion associated with femboys. Any female fashion that a guy can pull off nicely is femboy enough in my book lol

Someone mentioned there being more of a drag element to sissies, which is kind of how I have always understood it, and a good way to describe it. I don't think it's universal, per se, but it seems to me like people who identify as sissies do so because of a desire for exaggerated femininity, usually as a display for other people, sometimes sexual and sometimes not.

I do not identify as a sissy or a femboy, but I do think that there is an... element of overlap between us. Shared DNA, so to speak, between sissies and drag performers and femboys and trans women. NOT that these are the same identities, and it would be rude to assume they are. But I do personally feel kinship with anyone who lives on the margins of gender or has an unusual gender identity.

I associate sissy with the "forced feminization" kink, and I think part of the drag element is men who can't be made passable crossdressers. "If you can't pass for a woman, underdress in public and look like you belong on RuPaul's Drag Race in private, (except on Halloween)." 😇

Back