Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

Curity Diapers

RUSSKY

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For all diaper lovers over the age of 60 how many of you started out your diaper journey wearing the classic 21x40 Curity cloth diaper? Also how many of you remmeber the special colored cloth diaper that was added as an extra to the normal dozen that was normally sold?

Reactions: littlemoosey, Edgewater and diaperwoody
R.jpg

Reactions: Edgewater
The long Curity cloth diapers were a staple in my house growing up. In the early 1960s, disposables were all but unknown.

My mother bought Curity prefolds to use with my younger brother, but I have several photos of myself in the 21X40 Curity diapers.

I don't remember a 'special colored diaper,' but I do remember diapers with prints.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Lyric and Edgewater
RUSSKY said:
For all diaper lovers over the age of 60 how many of you started out your diaper journey wearing the classic 21x40 Curity cloth diaper? Also how many of you remmeber the special colored cloth diaper that was added as an extra to the normal dozen that was normally sold
I’m 60, I don’t remember these. I wore Terry nappies and rubbers, as my mam called them in the UK

Reactions: Edgewater
I was a cloth diaper baby! I loved them- and sometimes wish I could go back to them instead of the cheap medical diapers that don’t work. It was awesome to wear cloth diapers and Gerber toddler size plastic pants! That was my go to until I was 12 😉

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955 and Edgewater
I’m 44 and have no recollection of purchased cloth diapers and disposables were outside my parent’s budget. My mom would buy birdeye cloth material and sew them to basically what are today’s prefolfs that last ‘forever’. They were maybe 3-4 layers on the two sides and many more in the center section. I remember them drying on the clothesline all day and they’d come off stiff and brightly sun bleached from drying outside but comfortable to wear after a short while. I’d wear a single diaper during the day, though because of the multi-layers, were very noticeably thick and a subject of horrible teasing and unmerciful emotional abuse from peers. At night I’d wear two diapers for uninterrupted sleep but the thickness made sleeping on my side sometimes uncomfortable.
Today, my diaper of choice are cloth prefolds but much thinner than what my mom made. In the HOT and HUMID Texas climate. I usually wear two thinner (older) diapers for comfort as my job takes me outside much of the day. A single thicker diaper seems to get uncomfortably clammy much sooner than two thinner diapers, even though the overall thickness is about the same. Yes, moderately thick but un-noticeable under a moderate control brief and dress with prints (to distract the eye from any bulge). At night, I wear two thicker (newer) diapers for uninterrupted sleep.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Freddie07601, fredy552 and 2 others
sbmccue said:
The long Curity cloth diapers were a staple in my house growing up. In the early 1960s, disposables were all but unknown.

My mother bought Curity prefolds to use with my younger brother, but I have several photos of myself in the 21X40 Curity diapers.

I don't remember a 'special colored diaper,' but I do remember diapers with prints.
Yes I guess it ws a print diaper that I remeber. It was included with the regular white diapers so you got 13 instead of 12.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955
After the failure of the hose and bag system I was sent home in from hospital, my dear wife collected some our one year old son's diaper (classic 21x40 Curity cloth diaper) and drug store adult plastic pants and that is what I wore everyday for an extended time. They were more than likely what I wore as a baby in the late 40's.

I have no memory of those colored or printed diapers.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, littledub1955, Freddie07601 and 1 other person
I guess I should add that when I my girlfriend agreed to 'baby' me, we went to a Venture store (remember those?) and bought a dozen of the Curity 21X40 diapers. This was late 1985, if memory serves, and Curity diapers were still widely available.

She put two of the diapers together and diapered me for the night. What we didn't know was how little those single-thickness diapers would hold! I had some snap-on plastic pants that worked well enough until they were overloaded.

This wasn't the first time I'd worn a diaper as an adult - I'd experimented with the early adult disposables in the early 1980s - but it was the first time anyone diapered me as an adult. We continued to use the Curity diapers for several years until I found Edley Enterprises and bought their prefolds, which were like wearing a plush bath towel in comparison.

Reactions: Freddie07601, Edgewater and littlemoosey
I know my sister wore cloth diapers as I was about 8-9 years older than my sister. The only thing I remember as a baby in diapers is a family friends daughter would play sit me and she would change my diapers playing house. But anyhow no I never seen any like this.

Those old 21X40 flat Curity diapers were the mainstay of my sister's and my years of wearing diapers for our bedwetting and daytime needs. That along with Gerber plastic pants we wore throughout those years. Disposable diapers had not made their way into local stores, so lines and lines of diapers drying in the sun was the order of the day. By the time my body told me I didn't need diapers any longer, it was too late, I had become hooked, emotionally and sexually diaper dependent. When I finally left home for good after completing undergrad and graduate degrees, my mother packed all my old Curity diapers and Gerber pants in a box for me to take with me. I wore them off and on when time and circumstances allowed, even bought more to replace those that wore out, until they no longer fit, due to too much good food and drink. Over thirty years of wearing Curity flats, two or three folded together, held by two diaper pins on each side-I must have expelled thousands of gallons of pee over that time, not to mention my ejaculations.

Reactions: sbmccue and Edgewater
Don't recall the size, but, yes those were staple of my youth for me and my younger siblings, even after disposable became more common, mom stuck with the tried-and-true. Very soft, absorbent and comfortable even when wet. Today a very good replica is Purity brand gauze flats from adultclothdiaper.com

• Love
I was a Curity baby in the late 70s, as was my younger sister. Most of those diapers were kept around after we were potty trained, and I ended up wearing them in various makeshift arrangements right up until I moved off to college. They weren't the 21x40 flats though, but rather the "Day/Night" prefolds.

Here's a Curity diaper ad that I'm rather attached to:

1714950778055.png

🤭

(That wasn't the origin of my username, although as I've shared before, my username was originally intended to be a cloth diaper pun.)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, littledub1955 and Edgewater
I had a relationship with a diaper service for over 15 years. Sadly, the owner passed away and the company went out of business. I just recently got my hands on some Curity 21 x 40 flats, and I have a dozen in service. There are still more of them out there, as people have made the transition to disposables. I only wear the Curitys when I am 100% at my best, and am 100% certain that my nervous system is completely stable. These diapers can last for many decades!

• Love
My sister and I started with the standard cloth diapers but as to the brand? I have no idea.

I know Curity was popular with cloth diapers. I also remember seeing a rack full of Curity plastic pants at a children store when I was young. They looked like nice shiny white pairs. I wished I couldve bought a few packs then but obviously couldnt being so young. I never see racks of plastic pants anymore. Its all Pull Ups nowadays.

Back