Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 0 guest views remaining

Has anyone ever made their own snap crotch pants from regular pants

Tomtomthedl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am thinking of buying some denim shortalls from walmart.com. i would pop the seams on them so I can fold it over and sew a seem. After that I will add snaps to connect them back together. Has anyone ever done this and my question is do you have enough material after to have room in the leg area. Doing this doesn't make it too tight I guess is what I am wondering.

I think you would lose too much size wise. and pants would be too tight. also you would need a machine to fix the poopers. its a bit like a rivet gun. you can buy poppers and do it yourself, but not sure how good they are.

Reactions: Tomtomthedl
I have the tools to do the snaps. I even have two sewing machines. I was just wondering if you would lose too much material doing it and they not fit properly
ben0510 said:
I think you would lose too much size wise. and pants would be too tight. also you would need a machine to fix the poopers. its a bit like a rivet gun. you can buy poppers and do it yourself, but not sure how good they are.

Unpick the stitches 😉

My mommy wife is making some for me. She took me shopping and got me to try on some denim shorts with a draw string waist.. She went one size bigger to fit over my diaper.

She said the extra size will allow for her to unpick the crotch, refold and saw the hem back up, then she can add the snaps to the crotch to make true toddler pants.
The draw string waist will allow to pull in the waist due to the extra size. A Lot of baby clothing has a draw string waist for this reason to cope with the bulk of a diaper.
She even got me a dinosaur tshirt. Can't wait to wear them.

Go one size up and you should be ok.

Last edited:
I’ve done this myself on both shortalls as well as a romper. I went up one size for both extra gusset material and diaper room. After unpicking the seam I folded it over, added a seam of matching, iron-on fabric tape, and added pop snaps (I already had the tool and snaps).

I ripped the seams and cleaned up the edges. I had bought some snapfront western shirt that I cut the snaps off and sewedinto the legs. turned out pretty nice. I used canvas snaps on some and I used cushion snap tape.. all of which worked fine very labor intensive.

Attachments

• 04-25-2010 001.jpg
    04-25-2010 001.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 04-25-2010 002.jpg
    04-25-2010 002.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 04-25-2010 003.jpg
    04-25-2010 003.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Love
Reactions: Littlebabybecca and Tomtomthedl