Rearz diapers with 11,000 mL capacity?!

This is what a completely soaked diaper and 1 stuffer looks like. IMG_1604.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bunnyhopps, CuriousFabio, SimCo and 2 others
The 11000ml Rearz mega diapers are the best hands down. Better and cheaper than ABU. I think they need to be 12000ml-13000ml to be perfectly thick enough. I normally have to wear 2 diapers that are 5000ml-7500ml to get the desired thickness I like compared to only having to wear 1 rearz mega diaper that feels the same as 2 normally. Finally a diaper that I can wear 1 diaper and be satisfied with the thickness. I also think they absorb twice the amount without leaking. I soaked it from back to front and had some kids in there that I normally use to drop off at the pool but wound up in my messy diapers. They haven't leaked yet!!
All other diapers failed to hold the entire night through without having to change in the middle of the night. So, I think it's safe to say, they absorb way more than your average 3500ml-8500ml abdl diapers. I've only tried the mega critter caboose but I'm trying out all the other rearz mega diapers to see which one I like the best.

Like I said, I used to wear only ABU diapers and now I will only wear Rearz mega diapers because I can finally wear 1 diaper at a time with these.If ABU can get to 11000ml, I may try them but I have a feeling they might charge double the price also. So for the comfort, practical use, less amount of diapers being used, less amount of diaper changes, 1 diaper at a time instead of 2, and a lesser price, Rearz mega are my new go to diapers. Hands down they take the crown 👑.

Reactions: TigerDL and AndyPandy
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Rearz changed the way they measure capacity. I don’t know the exact specifics behind it, but they changed their process or rating system in order to falsely inflate these numbers. The reality is Rearz diapers are no more absorbent than any other brand.

PaddedRebel said:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Rearz changed the way they measure capacity. I don’t know the exact specifics behind it, but they changed their process or rating system in order to falsely inflate these numbers. The reality is Rearz diapers are no more absorbent than any other brand.
Your statement is inaccurate. We haven't falsely inflated our numbers; rather, we've adjusted our measurement method to align more accurately with industry standards. Previously, we utilized third-party lab testing to gauge capacity, but we've transitioned to the method commonly employed by other ABDL brands. This change enables customers to make more informed comparisons between our products and others in the market.

We have written a blog post on this subject you can read here - https://rearz.ca/blog/update-capacity-numbers/

Reactions: AndyPandy and TigerDL
RearzJacob said:
Your statement is inaccurate. We haven't falsely inflated our numbers; rather, we've adjusted our measurement method to align more accurately with industry standards. Previously, we utilized third-party lab testing to gauge capacity, but we've transitioned to the method commonly employed by other ABDL brands. This change enables customers to make more informed comparisons between our products and others in the market.

We have written a blog post on this subject you can read here - https://rearz.ca/blog/update-capacity-numbers/
Yet it’s a fairly well known fact that a number of your diapers share a lot in common with a number of Tykables products, including a few basically being the same construction with a different print. That doesn’t justify the difference in capacity ratings. There’s a reason why I don’t use your products anymore.

Reactions: Joediaper
Adventure puffs hold more than the Rearz. With wearing and using them. And they are rated at 6800 ml.

RearzJacob said:

We base our ISO on the amount of SAP placed in the medium diaper and do not account for any additional fills. This ensures a clean and straightforward approach that is easy to understand and somewhat under rates what a "dunk test" would be.

Can you please be more specific in which brands you are referring to and a detailed method that you/they use? Please be as detailed as possible.

Reactions: TigerDL, Joediaper and guest
PaddedRebel said:
Rearz did change the way they measure the capacity, which bumped up the numbers, but the capacity was increased before that happened. I'm not sure about the exact numbers but I believe the capacity of Rearz Safari went from 4981 mL to 8500 mL, according to the old measurement method. There was actually a significant increase. Then with the new measurement method the rating was changed to 11000 mL, but the diapers were not physically changed a second time. There was a capacity change and a measurement method change pretty close together, which is where some of the confusion comes from.

The Rearz mega diapers are definitely the most absorbent I have used. I can go over 12 hours with one and still feel dry. They are slightly thicker than before when dry but swell up much more when wet.

Reactions: AndyPandy and TigerDL
Rears just want to blow smoke and look better then all other company's while they are subpart to others and such,
Just annoying as heck and confusing people on exactly what it holds really, WE dont need a diaper holding a gallon , its nice to know what a mid level holding vs a more nightime, daytime use nightime , less bul;k ect

Reactions: BigAl2 and Joediaper
If you sit down with a Rearz 'Mega' Critter Caboose and a Tykables Unicorn and compare them side by side you'll find they are fairly similar in absorbency. There is a difference but not a 3500ml difference.

Reactions: BigAl2
todaler said:
We base our ISO on the amount of SAP placed in the medium diaper and do not account for any additional fills. This ensures a clean and straightforward approach that is easy to understand and somewhat under rates what a "dunk test" would be.

Can you please be more specific in which brands you are referring to and a detailed method that you/they use? Please be as detailed as possible.
It would be great to hear from each company how they come up with their capacity ratings, have it listed on their websites or something so we can get a fuller picture when we compare the numbers between brands. It seems some of the brands don't explicitly say how their capacities are calculated, which leads to this confusion and accusations.

It is nice to hear how Tykables capacities are calculated, I hadn't heard/known this before. This calculation makes sense to me, since you might think the absorbance of "fluff" will actually just get squeezed out immediately when you sit or lay down, so only using the SAP might provide a better match with real-world usage/scenarios.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I agree that thicker is better...and on-scale with baby diapers. We adult babies do like our diapers thick...for both aesthetics and good absorbency.

The problem I have is that they're carrying the capacity issue too far because it's unrealistic. Diapers have two jobs: absorb and prevent leaks. They got the absorption issue mostly down, just gotta improve wicking in places; they're just not paying enough attention to leak prevention, if any. It's hard to understand why they just don't care about that. If they'd just widen the diaper's crotch by 2 or 3 inches and leave the padding width as it is, the plastic could rise up from the diaper crotch padding and seal the gaps where the inner thighs and perineum meet, the big source of diaper leaks. It's only a little bit of extra plastic added to each diaper, plastic that presently gets wasted in current production...plus space the outer leg elastics & inner leak guards out to match. I understand somewhat why it's not getting done now because the diaper's leg cut-outs are stamp-cut by rotating drums on each side: as the diaper rolls through, so do the drums with the sharp razor cutters in their current profile...and I know those drums are not cheap to make.

Question is: when can a new set of cutting drums be practically made and for how much? 🤔

Bingo. Real toddlers get changed 4 to 6 times per day and still get diaper rash sometimes. We're no different. I just don't see the logic for advertising a diaper that lasts for impractical lengths of time. But they'll say anything to make a sale, and hang the naysayers or those who know what it'll take to make a more leak-resistant diaper that actually works. I guess better leak protection isn't a moneymaker in their eyes, even when we do use their diapers for their intended purpose. :cry:
I know not everyone has the time place and opportunity to do so but I change every 4 to 6 hours just like a toddler would. I very rarely sit around in a soggy wet diaper for hours on end and as a result, now leaks, smells, or diaper rash. I even use baby power and my skin stays soft as a baby’s bottom so to speak. It’s important to maintain healthy skin when wearing diapers and it starts with changing frequently and using good quality diapers.

Reactions: depta99 and BigAl2
PaddedRebel said:
The reality is Rearz diapers are no more absorbent than any other brand.
As someone who is incontinent and needs a high capacity diaper, your statement is entirely false.

Reactions: BigAl2 and Dakota13
Nothing worst then not understanding how much it holds, people are not all into the understanding or caring about that how u mesure but if people use all a similar way it would make it less confusing, Same as doing toillet paper math rolls i suck at math! We just want and need a semi acurate , It's good to have less holding diapers in certain situations and some that are much more in other situation, honestly rears is just now so confusing ,

A small rant for those that are unfamiliar with metric prefixes:

While it is sort of acceptable (but a bit cumbersome) to write 11000 ml, writing 11k ml is bonkers. It is just 11 l. That's the whole point with prefixes – scaling a unit rather than switching units.

Sorry – the engineer inside me just couldn't handle it anymore. Have a nice day.

• Haha
Reactions: bunnyhopps, Joediaper, TigerDL and 2 others
mayhem said:
As someone who is incontinent and needs a high capacity diaper, your statement is entirely false.
I’ve worn some of their most recent products. They’re no more absorbent to a comparable Tykables or ABU product in my experience.

Reactions: Joediaper
PaddedRebel said:
I’ve worn some of their most recent products. They’re no more absorbent to a comparable Tykables or ABU product in my experience.
Can we stop with the Rearz bashing and actually look at the tested numbers? The old barnyard elite—not even a mega—tested out at almost exactly the same absorbency as ABU and Tykables. That was not a “mega” version. The mega versions of their product have significantly more SAP, so we can expect a bump up is actually testing.

The only diaper that stands alone as the most absorbent is the Trest Elite, which tested at a whopping 45% more absorbant the Rearz (non mega), Tykable, or ABU (and 80% more absorbent than a Megamax!)

Reactions: TigerDL, AndyPandy, mayhem and 1 other person
todaler said:

I'm not comfortable responding to your comments as last time you reported me. I do not feel confident you will not try and do that again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, gamefreak94 and guest
RearzJacob said:
I'm not comfortable responding to your comments as last time you reported me. I do not feel confident you will not try and do that again.
Hello Jacob, huge fan of the Mega diapers from Rearz. Thanks for making an amazing diaper. Can't get enough of them. The Inspire+ is my go to diaper day and night. Looking forward to trying the entire collection.

Reactions: FaeMattie, mayhem, Dakota13 and 2 others
Back