LittleForBig trying to trademark "Babyfur"

HOLD UP.

HOLD UP HOLD UP.

The screenshot. Are they trademarking "Nursery?"

Like usagi I understand it is a character name and a specialized character mascot design ((Japanese for rabbit)) but NURSERY?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: AJFan2020 and NabePup
BrandonLittlebun said:
HOLD UP.

HOLD UP HOLD UP.

The screenshot. Are they trademarking "Nursery?"

Like usagi I understand it is a character name and a specialized character mascot design ((Japanese for rabbit)) but NURSERY?
Yup, looks like it! At least in regards to adult diapers!

• Love
Reactions: AJFan2020, Deleted member 80397 and PadPhilosopher
The word Babyfur has been around since at least the 90's.

Reactions: AJFan2020, PadPhilosopher and NabePup
NabePup said:
I really have no idea what they're thinking when they do things like this. Wow, I just looked up their TM page and they have a lot of very generic and ridiculous tm requests (some are less unreasonable), but things like "Little Furry" and "Sissy". Come on, those are so generic. It looks like they also have a request to trademark "Furrytails".

So basically they are trying to steal all these terms and repurpose them for their own use?

Reactions: AJFan2020 and NabePup
mistykitty said:
So basically they are trying to steal all these terms and repurpose them for their own use?
Based on my little understanding of trademarks, so take it with a grain of salt and I'd definitely suggest confirming any details yourself, but essentially in the adult diaper markets specifically, they're trying to make it so only they're allowed to use these terms, primarily to market and sell diapers (that's really the only reason I cold imagine they'd want to trademark them).

So if they got this trademark, no other adult diaper companies can use the terms with their diapers.

Reactions: mistykitty and PadPhilosopher
NabePup said:
Based on my little understanding of trademarks, so take it with a grain of salt and I'd definitely suggest confirming any details yourself, but essentially in the adult diaper markets specifically, they're trying to make it so only they're allowed to use these terms, primarily to market and sell diapers (that's really the only reason I cold imagine they'd want to trademark them).

So if they got this trademark, no other adult diaper companies can use the terms with their diapers.
Ok, I understand better now. Thank you. 🤗

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and NabePup
@NabePup would that also stop other companies from making their products that can be associated with it? Like, does that mean ABU couldn't make the bunny hops or rearz the critterz ones? Or it's only the term?

Reactions: NabePup and PadPhilosopher
For sure, It's defiantly concerning when companies try to trademark terms that are widely used within a community. It feel's like an attempt to monopolize something that belongs to everyone. Hopefully, the trademark application gets denied.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and mistykitty
Millie said:
For sure, It's defiantly concerning when companies try to trademark terms that are widely used within a community. It feel's like an attempt to monopolize something that belongs to everyone. Hopefully, the trademark application gets denied.
That's the one thing I feel I have the biggest issue with if i understand the way this works correctly. You're buying the rights to a word that was created for a purpose unrelated to marketing and its annoying. Words and word use should stay neutral unless established specifically by that company and babyfur wasn't by any of them. I'm pretty sure in a prior post someone confirmed my thoughts that it already belongs to a furry convention to.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
mistykitty said:
@NabePup would that also stop other companies from making their products that can be associated with it? Like, does that mean ABU couldn't make the bunny hops or rearz the critterz ones? Or it's only the term?
I'm pretty sure it's specific to the term. So ABU or Rearz couldn't come out with diapers called Babyfurs or have that in the name. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I think it might also apply in other things too or can lead to potentially grey areas. For instance say Tykables comes out with diapers that aren't called Babyfurs or have that term in the name, but they use Babyfurs in the marketing or description of it. That could maybe give grounds to L4B for taking legal action against Tykables if L4B has the trademark. Or say there's a babyfur event that Tykables is sponsoring so they have their branding alongside the term babyfur, that might also be grounds for a legal dispute. But once again, I'm not 100% certain if that's how it works. So there's a chance I could be spreading misinformation with the above speculations.

Reactions: mistykitty and PadPhilosopher
Dang, what is going on at these companies? Pls no copyright the babies. Does having "dinosaur" trademarked(?) for diapers (as mentioned earlier) have any legal weight if the word dinosaur is used on the packaging of a competitor?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: mistykitty, NabePup and PadPhilosopher
For those who missed the drama back in 2018, Tykables came out with Space Cadet diapers and ABU, who’d trademarked Space, went after them. Tykables ended up changing the name to Galactic. So anyway, these kinds of shenanigans aren’t exactly new. I do wish applications for trademarks received a bit more scrutiny. Considering the target market, trying to trademark terms like ABDL and Babyfur is like P&G trying to trademark Baby.

Reactions: mistykitty, PadPhilosopher, NabePup and 1 other person
lilcamper said:
Dang, what is going on at these companies? Pls no copyright the babies. Does having "dinosaur" trademarked(?) for diapers (as mentioned earlier) have any legal weight if the word dinosaur is used on the packaging of a competitor?
Yup, that's exactly the point of trade marking. To get exclusive rights to a "trade mark". So whoever holds the trademark for "dinosaur" for adult diapers can sue if a competitor comes out with their own brand of diapers named dinosaur. Now, I'm not sure if that means they can't have dinosaur anywhere on the packaging or not.

For instance, Rearz holds the trademark for "Dinosaur" for adult diapers. And then let's say that on the packaging for ABU DinoRawrz, they have small descriptive text that says something along the lines of "Your dinosaur friends will help keep you dry!" or something like that, I'm not sure whether that'd be grounds for Rearz to make a trademark infringement claim or not.

Reactions: AJFan2020, mistykitty, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Well, LFB won’t ever see my money. Not that they ever did.

Reactions: NabePup and PadPhilosopher
I honestly feel gross that I bought their diapers in the past, and recommended them recently. I thought some of their designs were really cute, but this is just greedy company behavior at its finest.

Also finding out that the company owner has a track record of very transphobic sentiments and commentary is the nail in the coffin for me.

Doesn't matter how cute a design is, you can't be tone deaf and hateful towards the very people you create products for. This trademarking thing isn't gonna go over well, and rightfully so.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and NabePup
Back