How do most people respond knowing that you are DL ?

pdiapered said:
. And if people know they know and if they have a problem with it it's their problem not mine.
and this is it right here in a nutshell, life is short ....live it

Reactions: KBoy and foxypinky
My wife knows and she confessed to me that she did tell her best friend when all this came out and she needed someone to talk to. She also told her mom too. Her mom has since passed but had never batted an eye or judged me for it, she loved me as her own son. Her best friend is the same way. She talks to me as if she knows nothing.
As far as telling anyone else. Well it's none of their business. What would either party benefit from it?

Reactions: Miccheck, Subtlerustle, Lyric and 1 other person
Just my wife. I don't ever plan on telling anyone else. It's nobody's business imo.

Reactions: KBoy, Ortler and foxypinky
Thank for all of your replies and for me it is 4 for my best friends and my little sister they all are understanding

artemisenterri said:
My wife knows and ridicules me for it... So I've never told anyone else who knows me personally...
I am sorry to hear that about your life

• Sad
Reactions: Miccheck, KBoy and artemisenterri
My bf knows mainly due to me being IC; doesnt really effect our relationship

My wife's friend works as a volunteer in a thrift store. One day the three us were going to go thrift shopping around town and I said "I wonder if we can find some diaper bargains!" We visited her store and got a couple packs. Now she sets them aside for me. I gave her a list of the brands, types and sizes and now she has six assorted packs of tape-ons and pull-ups ready to pick up. She knows that I like variety. I told her she is my "Pamper scout". We talk frequently about diapers and wearing. (I wish my wife would be this open.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Miccheck, Subtlerustle, KBoy and 4 others
I've only ever told my wife, very early on in our relationship. I think that is 100% essential to do. She works in healthcare and deals with medical uses of diapers regularly so we worked hard on both of us learning what it really means to me, and that it'll never go away and is actually an incredible stress reliever for me. She knows without a doubt that I don't associate it with any sort of medical needShe finds ways to work diapers into our kinky bedtime play and wears during "situations" but takes them off as soon as we're done, where I like to keep them on whenever we're alone and relaxed. To her they're just another sex toy but she's fine with me having my own relationship with them. I've considering telling my best friend who is very open minded and alt lifestyle adjacent. We're just 2 manly men doing manly men things so it's never come up though he has expressed his openness to "being weird and doing whatever the hell makes you feel good". He's friends with a lot of alternative lifestyle folks and I respect him greatly for that. We got on the topic of Furries the other night and I said I've never met one in real life and he said "Yeah, you know me...", so when the time comes for me to tell him I'll do it proudly and with zero hesitation, In 30 years of friendship it just hasn't come up. I am really excited nd wanting to reach out and meet other ABDL's because I know with certainty that most are amazingly cool people and sharing this side of ourselves is like an open door for healthy conversation and friendship, I just gotta get over that hill and it'll be smooth sailing from there.

• Love
Reactions: Miccheck, Subtlerustle, KBoy and 4 others
Nobody cares ,they care I’m incontinent ,they care I am wearing & using diapers , they care my aide takes good care of me . They don’t particularly care what diaper I am in or why . Being completely diaper & aide dependent , my quality of life is important ,not how I get there.

Reactions: KBoy, dogboy and foxypinky
Traveler said:
I've only ever told my wife, very early on in our relationship. I think that is 100% essential to do. She works in healthcare and deals with medical uses of diapers regularly so we worked hard on both of us learning what it really means to me, and that it'll never go away and is actually an incredible stress reliever for me. She knows without a doubt that I don't associate it with any sort of medical needShe finds ways to work diapers into our kinky bedtime play and wears during "situations" but takes them off as soon as we're done, where I like to keep them on whenever we're alone and relaxed. To her they're just another sex toy but she's fine with me having my own relationship with them. I've considering telling my best friend who is very open minded and alt lifestyle adjacent. We're just 2 manly men doing manly men things so it's never come up though he has expressed his openness to "being weird and doing whatever the hell makes you feel good". He's friends with a lot of alternative lifestyle folks and I respect him greatly for that. We got on the topic of Furries the other night and I said I've never met one in real life and he said "Yeah, you know me...", so when the time comes for me to tell him I'll do it proudly and with zero hesitation, In 30 years of friendship it just hasn't come up. I am really excited nd wanting to reach out and meet other ABDL's because I know with certainty that most are amazingly cool people and sharing this side of ourselves is like an open door for healthy conversation and friendship, I just gotta get over that hill and it'll be smooth sailing from there.
I love that your wife respects your diaper interests and even explores it with you. I am also in the healthcare field, and this has definitely help me to better accept my DL side of myself and be more open about it with others. Like you I also have a friend who is very open minded, who knows I wear, and accepted me right away. If you ever wanna chat to another ABDL, I always love talking to other like minded people.

Reactions: Miccheck, denimchicken, Subtlerustle and 3 others
I don’t tell people I’m a DL, my partner knows though.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, KBoy, foxypinky and 3 others
As to me - 99,9% better not ask about.

A few of my friends know. Their reaction is "whatever". People are used to me being kinda weird anyways so I can get away with doing stuff that most people would get criticized for. Being a weirdo has it's advantages

Reactions: KBoy, foxypinky and Traveler
I'm hoping I can sell it as part of my incontinent caused by a medical condition that all my friends/family know about. Admittedly, it is not severe enough (yet) to warrant a full diaper, but that is between me and you.

Reactions: denimchicken, KBoy and foxypinky
There are 3 friends in my life that know. All 3 of them have said it was not a big deal. 2 of them have never brought it up since I told them. The 3rd, who is also the one whose opinions I value most, asked me if I was wearing one day when we met for coffee. I think he was mostly asking because he wanted to see if he could tell or not. I simply answered him, "does it matter?" and he has not asked me since. He replied just don't go number 2. Which I wouldn't anyway.

Reactions: KBoy, Woncrinklz and foxypinky
My two best friends and my parents know. They thought it was a bit odd but they’re cool with it.

Lyric said:
Her mother superficially acts all right but I know she disapproves of my behavior and lets me know in subtle ways she thinks I'm immature or worse.
That would, and did, drive me off the wall. In my case it wasn't about diapers (nobody knew), but this subtle under the surface criticism is enraging. Still unable to speak a word with my ex's mom, while I can with my ex

Reactions: Subtlerustle, KBoy, foxypinky and 1 other person
HugeBulge said:
That would, and did, drive me off the wall. In my case it wasn't about diapers (nobody knew), but this subtle under the surface criticism is enraging. Still unable to speak a word with my ex's mom, while I can with my ex
I've complained about this to my wife more than once, but all she said was that I shouldn't expect other people to be as open minded and supportive as she has been to a boy who insists on wearing diapers and rubber pants all the time like he was still a child. There is nothing I can do about it except be understanding of her feeling. I have tried talking to her mother very directly about her feelings toward me, but she's never been willing to be frank with me about it, she just makes little comments from time to time that make me feel like I should be ashamed of myself for having diapers on and wetting myself.

• Sad
Reactions: KBoy, foxypinky and HugeBulge
Lyric said:
I've complained about this to my wife more than once, but all she said was that I shouldn't expect other people to be as open minded and supportive as she has been to a boy who insists on wearing diapers and rubber pants all the time like he was still a child. There is nothing I can do about it except be understanding of her feeling. I have tried talking to her mother very directly about her feelings toward me, but she's never been willing to be frank with me about it, she just makes little comments from time to time that make me feel like I should be ashamed of myself for having diapers on and wetting myself.
i understand and share your pain.

my wife refused to allow me to be able to "be me" with my diaper interests because she decided i wasn't "man enough" to meet her internal image of the "ideal" man for her. Me telling her no when she tries to be "lord and master" of the house (even though i'm the one going out for 40+ hrs a week to bring home a paycheck while she either sits at home doing nothing, or goes out and about spending the money i bring in) is her "justification" to kick me out of the house and force me to use my mom's spare room... she refuses to listen to any attempts to explain my feelings to her, and believes she "deserves" to be in charge, because she doesn't believe i'm capable of "taking care of thigs"...

• Sad
Reactions: Miccheck, KBoy, foxypinky and 2 others
In all reality, how many people know the underwear you prefer, and how often do you discuss this with people?

I dont see this as a normal topic that comes up often, especially in general conversations.

I mean do you speak about hemroids or your sex organs or your bowel movements often with people in general conversation?

I see that this is mostly a private matter, wether its IC or DL or AB or whatnot, you'll discuss this with your SO and family and maybe a very close friend, and that is about it.

So, the people you talk to about this you will most likely already know the answer or likely answer ahead of time, and also if your even willing to discuss it.

So, the question is sorta moot, the response will be based on who you talk to about it, and whom that is depends on you and your openness and also your willingness to talk to people that may have a negative take on the situation.

I doubt too many people (Minus some fetish/mental reasons ill leave out) are going to talk to someone that they likely suspect will have a negative outcome about say DL.

Why would you talk to someone that is closed minded and judgemental and/or abusive about being some way knowing the likely outcome, that just doesnt happen regularly.

Also, i dont see people talking about being DL or AB at a work lunch either, that isnt a usual thing that goes on, and likely will get you less people to have lunch with, wether they like or hate DL, just over the oversharing with a coworker is wierd.

Back