CrinkleBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Just a fun thought, but I noticed a lot of bears in things for children.
Winnie the Pooh, Paddington, bear in the big blue house, Yogi Bear, Smoky the bear, Little Bear. Care bears, I could keep going. Brother bear.
So given the amount of time as a child you spent watching and learning lessons from bears, did they not help shape you? aka help raise you?
Again just a fun thought.

Reactions: Diaperboy27, Rezzu, Cottontail and 5 others
Actually yeah! Thaw grizzly is my main spirit animal! 🐻 call me papa bear!

I know I'm dating myself, but I was a big Yogi Bear fan back in my 'real' toddler days. I had the Knickerbocker plush Yogi, listened to the Yogi Bear records (there were two albums back in the day!) and watched the cartoons faithfully.

Those were the good old days ... circa 1962.

Reactions: DiaperedTeddyBear, BobbiSueEllen, TeeMousy and 2 others
CrinkleBear said:
Winnie the Pooh, Paddington, bear in the big blue house, Yogi Bear, Smoky the bear, Little Bear. Care bears, I could keep going. Brother bear.
So given the amount of time as a child you spent watching and learning lessons from bears, did they not help shape you? aka help raise you?
I think so hahaha. I love the bearinstein bears, as well as The Secret World of Benjamin Bear. I know that character is a teddy bear but close enough in my books

I live in bear country…. I am nothing like a bear

CrinkleBear said:
Every bear here you mentioned I was raised with. But in my case this is especially true of Care Bears and one that wasn't mentioned Bernstein bears.

When I was about preschool age, I made the random and irrational decision that I hated anything to do with Winnie the Pooh. I never really saw Care Bears as a kid and Brother Bear came later in my childhood, by which time I was early in my development as a furry.
So the only one that really had a effect on my childhood might’ve been Bear in the Big Blue House.

mistykitty said:
Every bear here you mentioned I was raised with. But in my case this is especially true of Care Bears and one that wasn't mentioned Bernstein bears.
Mama papa sister brother!

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty
I was raised by a whole family of bears! the berenstain bears, care bears, winnie the pooh, little bear, and paddington all ruled my childhood.

I was raised by Square, Enix, Namco, Capcom, Konami, Nintendo, and Sega. And Lego.

🤭

I have a picture of me as a kid with a Care Bear, someone in a fur suit basically. Forget what the occasion was, but it was a teal colored bear.

🧸 🐻 🐾

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: yellowcrayons
LittleAndAlone said:
I was raised by Square, Enix, Namco, Capcom, Konami, Nintendo, and Sega. And Lego.

🤭

I have a picture of me as a kid with a Care Bear, someone in a fur suit basically. Forget what the occasion was, but it was a teal colored bear.

🧸 🐻 🐾
If you were in teal you were either Daydream, Grump, Heartsong, or Wish. Do you remember the belly badge?

mistykitty said:
If you were in teal you were either Daydream, Grump, Heartsong, or Wish. Do you remember the belly badge?
Nope, I'll see if I can find it.

Heartsong would be music notes, Wish a shooting star, Daydream is a heart with an orbit, and Grumpy would be a cloud with rain.

Reactions: LittleAndAlone
Was too light to be Grumpy. Pretty sure it was Wish.

Last edited:
  • Love
mistykitty said:
Bernstein bears.
Nice. We come from the same parallel universe. Berenstain? Pshaw!

Nobody's mentioned Gummi Bears. They were a staple of my youth. Sis and I even made up our own episodes and recorded them on audio cassettes. As with all of our parodies, major characters died, good characters turned out to be evil, etc.

Paddington Bear was mostly unknown to me until I had kids of my own. Several of the books became part of our large bedtime story rotation.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LittleAndAlone
Gummi BEAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

Bouncing here and there and everywhere
High adventure that's beyond compare

I love epic melodramatic cartoon intros lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cashew and Cottontail
Loved Winnie the Pooh ever since I first saw the movie when I was a kid. Can’t say it really influenced me today though I still get happy and smile whenever I start singing his song.
🎼 “Silly Willy Nilly ‘ol Bear” 😀

I had two teddy bears when I was little and they were very important to me as I was adopted at the age of two. I think the older bear went with me and my new parents bought me a new bear, thus making two bears. My teddy bears gave me a sense of security until I adjusted to my new surroundings.

Disneys Jungle book, Robin hood and tailspin all have baloo, or at least the same voice actor plays all roles.

May have been the last person to get a new teddy ruxpun. Today I enjoy watching we bare bears.

Back