Quality adult diapers in central / south Florida - not so easy to find

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Perhaps I’m just bad at doing Google searches, but I remain surprised at how hard it is to find quality (i.e. not drug store brands) adult diapers in Florida - particularly the Port St. Lucie and West Palm Beach areas. My staple brand is Incontrol, but I also like Megamax and in a pinch will happily use Abena M4 or Betterdry. So I’m picky, but not crazy so.

The backstory is I’m Canadian and spend a lot of time in Florida, about a week at a time. The first time going down there I didn’t bring many diapers with me because I assumed (that word, I know) given the number of older people in that area with good incomes, adult diapers would be readily available. Well…not so much it turns out. I did a lot of searching to find one retailer that carried Tranquility diapers, and when I went to buy them, I found out the retailer had moved…all to say, after a bunch of running around and false starts, I ended up saying “heck with this” and just used Depend pull ups all week - including to bed, which is not my preference.

Since then, I’ve just taken what I need for the full trip, which means half a suitcase of diapers. I’d like to avoid that if possible.

For those who might know more: am I missing something? Perhaps because of the hot climate plastic backed diapers don’t sell as well?

Reactions: Edgewater and RestrainU4Me
I can’t find any from Orlando to Miami

Reactions: Edgewater and HalMidLife
craigd1341 said:
I can’t find any from Orlando to Miami
At least I’m not the only one who’s had this experience (i.e. I’m not crazy) but I admit I was hoping to hear differently ;-)

Reactions: Edgewater
Perhaps have them delivered? The US has lots of great online suppliers. Bummer about Florida though. As a fellow Canadian I plan to spend more time there as well.

I live near Orlando and your right the “in store” selection down here is severely lacking… Especially being a retirement state…

Reactions: EcoIncon and Edgewater
I travel to Orlando often , and no, unfortunately there are no medical supply stores around … they don’t carry anything near abena quality . There may be a warehouse that supplies rearz but that is just a warehouse . I could be wrong .

Reactions: tdlrfootedpjs and Edgewater
I have property in West Palm Beach and PSL! Yeah, there is nothing here, Tampa, Miami or Orlando… just have to order online.

I’ve bought northshore Megamax at Goodwill in west palm beach and then 7 cases of Rearz princess in port Saint lucie from an OfferUp guy.

On Fetlife there is a monthly littles meet in Fort Lauderdale by MsPierced, a littles meet in Tampa by mommy something (can’t remember right now) and then a littles meet at Woodshed Orlando. Those are all on fetlife.

I always keep 4-5 cases on stand by in my garage. Mostly bambino and incontrol size large and have some mediums for my wife. I can sell you bags at cost whenever you need some… just message me.

RestrainU4Me said:
I have property in West Palm Beach and PSL! Yeah, there is nothing here, Tampa, Miami or Orlando… just have to order online.

I’ve bought northshore Megamax at Goodwill in west palm beach and then 7 cases of Rearz princess in port Saint lucie from an OfferUp guy.

On Fetlife there is a monthly littles meet in Fort Lauderdale by MsPierced, a littles meet in Tampa by mommy something (can’t remember right now) and then a littles meet at Woodshed Orlando. Those are all on fetlife.

I always keep 4-5 cases on stand by in my garage. Mostly bambino and incontrol size large and have some mediums for my wife. I can sell you bags at cost whenever you need some… just message me.
That’s really nice of you to offer a hand. Maybe someday I’ll message you. I’m hoping to grab a little piece of paradise near Naples in the next 12-18 months. The price madness seems to be abating a bit.

Reactions: Edgewater and RestrainU4Me
Subtlerustle said:
That’s really nice of you to offer a hand. Maybe someday I’ll message you. I’m hoping to grab a little piece of paradise near Naples in the next 12-18 months. The price madness seems to be abating a bit.
It has a little. My neighbor has lowered their price by $80k over the past 6 months because it’s not selling… mostly because it’s outdated and he was shooting for the moon.

In contrast, I did sell my 1 bedroom renovated condo for $350k and now he’s trying to sell it for $400k a year in a half later lol so prices are still creeping up if it is nice and up to date.

Also, lots have gone up from $80-$90k to $150k in PSL I noticed in the past year.

Naples is kinda low key and lots of land, should be a lot more affordable. I just think it’s boring over there lol

Near everywhere direct buy /online purchasing of quality adult diapers have become the reality.
Consider ordering and shipping to a Pick-up Location near where you are staying.

Reactions: HalMidLife and RestrainU4Me
RestrainU4Me said:
It has a little. My neighbor has lowered their price by $80k over the past 6 months because it’s not selling… mostly because it’s outdated and he was shooting for the moon.

In contrast, I did sell my 1 bedroom renovated condo for $350k and now he’s trying to sell it for $400k a year in a half later lol so prices are still creeping up if it is nice and up to date.

Also, lots have gone up from $80-$90k to $150k in PSL I noticed in the past year.

Naples is kinda low key and lots of land, should be a lot more affordable. I just think it’s boring over there lol
I like boring sometimes. But yeah, way more life on the Atlantic coast.

tdlrfootedpjs said:
I live near Orlando and your right the “in store” selection down here is severely lacking… Especially being a retirement state…
Yeah! Of all places in the US I’d have guessed Florida was the most likely to have plastic backed adult diapers in convenience stores!

HalMidLife said:
Perhaps I’m just bad at doing Google searches, but I remain surprised at how hard it is to find quality (i.e. not drug store brands) adult diapers in Florida - particularly the Port St. Lucie and West Palm Beach areas. My staple brand is Incontrol, but I also like Megamax and in a pinch will happily use Abena M4 or Betterdry. So I’m picky, but not crazy so.

The backstory is I’m Canadian and spend a lot of time in Florida, about a week at a time. The first time going down there I didn’t bring many diapers with me because I assumed (that word, I know) given the number of older people in that area with good incomes, adult diapers would be readily available. Well…not so much it turns out. I did a lot of searching to find one retailer that carried Tranquility diapers, and when I went to buy them, I found out the retailer had moved…all to say, after a bunch of running around and false starts, I ended up saying “heck with this” and just used Depend pull ups all week - including to bed, which is not my preference.

Since then, I’ve just taken what I need for the full trip, which means half a suitcase of diapers. I’d like to avoid that if possible.

For those who might know more: am I missing something? Perhaps because of the hot climate plastic backed diapers don’t sell as well?
It's not your "Google-fu" that is lacking, I have experienced the same problem every time my family moves to a different city... High quality medical grade diapers are nearly impossible to find in any store, even mom & pop pharmacies or medical supply stores don't carry much in terms of diapers/pull-ups other than low-end junk like Depend, or like the Walmart/Walgreens/CVS/etc generic equivalent...

Reactions: HalMidLife
Back