Why are diaper change mats so hard to find?

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I want to get my little a diaper change mat for travel, but I can’t find anything anywhere in a style that she likes. She like fail and floral patterns but there is nothing out there big enough. Everything is either an actual baby diaper changing mat, or just nothing at all… anyone have any ideas?

Etsy's Big Tot has one:
Have not purchased one of these from her as of yet, however, all of her clothing are top shelf.

Lil kink boutique has some great options. They have an etsy shop but I prefer to use their own webpage.

Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps and diapernh

I SWEAR by these. I have a Lil Monsters and Barnyard mat, and they're super high quality. I like them because they're adult-sized but not giant either - not as huge as a blanket but big enough to cover wherever you need. The material is super soft on both sides, and wash well. I've had my Barnyard mat for years now and it's just as vibrant and colorful as the day I got it. They have several prints for different tastes so maybe she will like the pink/more feminine options?

Hope this helps! 💖

Reactions: mistykitty and BabyLink9
BabyLink9 said:
I want to get my little a diaper change mat for travel, but I can’t find anything anywhere in a style that she likes. She like fail and floral patterns but there is nothing out there big enough. Everything is either an actual baby diaper changing mat, or just nothing at all… anyone have any ideas?
I got a changing mat from rearz that i really like! And have found some others on some of the other sites mentioned already.

Totally agree that finding a changing mat is a bit tougher than some other items.

I really want to find a changing mat that has some upholstery foam in it to make it more comfy. Maybe I'll just have to make my own!

Reactions: BabyLink9
damn, it’s sad that the Barnyards aren’t being sold anymore. That would have been perfect. I did manage to find another that should do great! Thank you everyone!

However I have one more question. Does anyone one have any recommendations for diaper bags? Or a Diaper clutch bag? It can’t be anything too big, just enough to be discreet and carry one or two diapers. The changing mat, powder and wipes?

BabyLink9 said:
However I have one more question. Does anyone one have any recommendations for diaper bags? Or a Diaper clutch bag? It can’t be anything too big, just enough to be discreet and carry one or two diapers. The changing mat, powder and wipes?
I got a sweet one from ABDLr. They're pricey but that's not exactly on them. Turns out diaper bags are expensive regardless of who they are for.

If you are looking for discreet, a backpack is a better way to go.

Last edited:
I just use a re-usablemedical bed pad as a changing pad.

Reactions: Lolcat
I have two from Lil Kink Boutique.

One with monsters, the other with non-licensed Winnie The Pooh.

Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps
BobaFettish said:
I have two from Lil Kink Boutique.

One with monsters, the other with non-licensed Winnie The Pooh.
That's Lenny The Pooh. Unlike his famous cousin, Lenny doesn't wear a red shirt. Completely different.

But yeah I got similar pajamas. Honestly, starting to feel a little conflicted. It's legal but is it moral. Still feels like it's stealing art. But then again Disney isn't exactly a struggling artist. Kinda like some knock off dog themed diapers out there. As well as small etsy shops that use nickelodeon and sesame street prints hoping to stay just under the radar that they don't get caught.

Sorry I'm going off topic here. I'd be interested in hearing others thoughts.

Cashew said:
That's Lenny The Pooh. Unlike his famous cousin, Lenny doesn't wear a red shirt. Completely different.

But yeah I got similar pajamas. Honestly, starting to feel a little conflicted. It's legal but is it moral. Still feels like it's stealing art. But then again Disney isn't exactly a struggling artist. Kinda like some knock off dog themed diapers out there. As well as small etsy shops that use nickelodeon and sesame street prints hoping to stay just under the radar that they don't get caught.

Sorry I'm going off topic here. I'd be interested in hearing others thoughts.
Winnie The Pooh is public domain now. I think it was in the last year or so it entered public domain.
Disney still owns red shirt Pooh tho

IMG_20230920_122744.jpg

BabyLink9 said:
damn, it’s sad that the Barnyards aren’t being sold anymore. That would have been perfect. I did manage to find another that should do great! Thank you everyone!

I use a backpack as mine. Discreet but also has plenty of room for the supplies. Just make sure it's not mesh.

20210124_075942.jpg

This is my other one. This one is thinner, the other one has a lining on back.

BabyLink9 said:
My wife bought a yoga mat (light purple/ lavender) and I love that it stays rolled up in the family room corner and no one knows what it really is. A few months ago she bought another that now stays upstairs in our bed room... It makes my changes just that much more special when she unrolls it and tells me to lay down...

• Love
Reactions: DiaperedTeddyBear
They have a whole page of them

Demonbabywearspamps said:
They have a whole page of them
This is great! I’ve never heard of this site before. Does anyone else have experience with them?

BabyLink9 said:
This is great! I’ve never heard of this site before. Does anyone else have experience with them?
1990s web page, but dont let that put you off. I have bought many items from them and its always been 100%. Their clothing is very good value.

Reactions: PaddedPonyboy and Demonbabywearspamps
Back