Underwear hiding?

Cottontail said:
Messy underwear was rare for me as a kid, although it did happen a few times. I think my first experience with that was in middle school. I wasn't feeling well on the bus ride home, the bus got to my stop, and I had an accident right as I stepped out the door onto the street. Quite a near miss! I can't imagine the teasing if that had happened only moments earlier.

Thankfully, though a few other kids shared my stop, we all headed off in different directions and nobody got to see me waddle uncomfortably home. I didn't exactly hide my underwear though. I tossed them in the outside garbage can! And I did more or less the same thing on the handful of other occasions when I had messy accidents. Maybe if these things had happened when I was younger, I'd have hidden the evidence in the house someplace. Early in my diaper explorations, I did that with one of my sister's diapers that I'd taken and wet. Mom found it, but I don't remember being punished. I think I was six years old.
I had something similar happen in 4th grade when I was 9 or maybe 10, except I hadn’t even made it to the bus. I have described it before, but I was sitting at my desk with an hour or so left in the school day when I suddenly felt a queasy stomach followed seconds later by sudden intestinal pressure and an uncontrollable burst of diarrhea in my pants. It happened so fast I had no time to even try to get to the bathroom. I was so shocked, I just sat there not knowing what to do. A few minutes later, it happened again, and I absolutely filled my pants. No one seemed to notice, but I was terrified if I got up to tell my teacher, everyone in the class would know what happened. Instead, I just kept working on my assignment and waited for the bell to ring. When it finally did, I slowly gathered my things and waited until most of my classmates rushed out before I headed to my bus. I stood up and slowly made my way to the bus, trying rather unsuccessfully to walk normally and still keep my accident contained to my Fruit of the Looms and undetected.

I made it to the bus and sat down, and it wasn’t until I stood up to get off at my stop that one of the girls on the bus said quite loudly, “Eww, you pooped your pants.” I denied it, but she asked, “Then why is your butt wet.” I replied something about sitting in water at recess, an obvious lie as it was sunny and not raining, and hurried off the bus. Now barely holding back tears, I tried to slip by my mom on the way inside. She asked if I was ok as I ran past and I said I just needed to pee and dashed into the bathroom, hoping to be able to clean up and hide my messy undies to toss out later. After a few minutes, as I was realizing there was no way I could handle this cleanup myself, she knocked on the door, said it was ok if I had an accident, and asked if I needed help. That did it and I broke down crying, horribly embarrassed, and she very gently comforted me and helped me clean up. I begged her to be able to stay home from school the next day as I didn’t want to face the embarrassment and teasing I was sure I’d receive. Amazingly, though, it was hardly mentioned, although it was obvious from the few comments I did hear lots of kids knew what happened. It was almost like everyone realized they could also be betrayed by their body and become the next victim, and didn’t want to tempt fate. It’s not like I didn’t get teased or bullied for other things, but my accident seemed to mostly get a pass, as did wetting accidents by a couple of other students in the class that year.

Reactions: Cottontail
I'm currently dealing with this with my two step kids, 2nd and 5th graders. We've been to so many doctor's appointments and best we can tell, they just.... don't go poop until things get so backed up that the inevitable happens.

While we've made some progress on managing the symptoms, we've made lots of progress with how we handle it when it does happen.

Like, good grief, please just put it in with the laundry and wash your butt lmao
At least they're not throwing clothes away to hide things any more! That was so expensive since they often threw away the pants, too. After they stopped throwing things away, we'd occasionally find HUGE stashes under the bed, in the closet, etc. whenever they ran out of clothes.

My partner/their parent has been very much against any kind of disposables to make this easier to deal with, so my husband and I joke that I at least have the good sense to wear diapers lmao

I was a chronic bedwetter growing up, and I always felt embarrassed and guilty about the whole thing. My parents never shamed me for it, but I felt ashamed anyway, and I hated waking them up to help me clean up, so had a habit of just sitting in the bathroom and drying my pajamas on the vent, rarely realizing that they would still smell, or at least that they would smell bad enough for it to matter. I can only imagine what the room must have smelled like when I did that... I would go back to sleep in my dry pajamas, and my parents had to get in the habit of always sniffing my pajamas to see if I'd tried to hide an accident from them.

As for messes, I never tried to hide them, but I had a hard time making sense of the sensation when I was little. My body was shaped in such a way that I was prone to getting bubbles of gas trapped between my butt cheeks, and an actual accident didn't feel much different, so I had a lot of accidents at preschool age that I was genuinely unaware of.

I suspect I was prone to holding in my BMs, because they had a tendency to develop into shapes with sharp points that would be quite painful to pass, so I'd avoid it, until it was too late.

Last edited:
DelC said:
I was a chronic bedwetter growing up, and I always felt embarrassed and guilty about the whole thing. My parents never shamed me for it, but I felt ashamed anyway, and I hated waking them up to help me clean up, so had a habit of just sitting in the bathroom and drying my pajamas on the vent, rarely realizing that they would still smell, or at least that they would smell bad enough for it to matter. I can only imagine what the room must have smelled like when I did that... I would go back to sleep in my dry pajamas, and my parents had to get in the habit of always sniffing my pajamas to see if I'd tried to hide an accident from them.

As for messes, I never tried to hide them, but I had a hard time making sense of the sensation when I was little. My body was shaped in such a way that I was prone to getting bubbles of gas trapped between my butt cheeks, and an actual accident didn't feel much different, so I had a lot of accidents at preschool age that I was genuinely unaware of.

I suspect I was prone to holding in my BMs, because they had a tendency to develop into shapes with sharp points that would be quite painful to pass, so I'd avoid it, until it was too late.
It’s a distinctive and unmistakable smell.

I was a bedwetter until the age of about 10 but didn’t wear pyjamas. I’m not sure why but I always wore the pants and undies I was going to wear the next day and they were always dry by the time I got to school. In my mind that was ok, but I must have been smelly. I do remember comments being made although I don’t remember being particularly embarrassed. I also had a few other issues, so maybe I was desensitised to them, and stood up for myself.

According to an ex-classmate I was smelly, but she liked it and was one of the reasons she hung out with me. She admitted to often pretending she was tired just so she could lay on me and come around to my house. The other thing she told me was how I stood up for myself, although I was never a bully. Apparently if someone made fun of me, they got a punch in the face, so no one did. Her admissions came at a party, years after leaving school. I had no idea she was fascinated with me, much to her frustration.

It probably sounds strange, but the scent is something I grew to like. That began when I had to share a room with a cousin that was a chronic bedwetter. I liked the way her room smelt, and from the day I moved in she insisted on sleeping in my bed. Virtually every night she not only wet the bed, but it would also go all over me. I never had a shower in the morning and wore the same undies to school, which by that stage I was in high school.

Reactions: Wetshisbed
PrettyLilPrincess said:
Tell me about it. I was frequently shamed by my parents and teachers for having accidents. It feels awful- encopresis, enuresis, etc isn't something you can control. I can remember my mom threatening to send me to a "special school" if I kept having accidents (which turned out to be an empty threat, luckily). My inability to control my bowel movements led me to feel very ostracized. I remember my aides saying things like "We did this when we were babies" and "Don't you want to be like the other kids?" (I'm pretty sure I also shared that part in a post I made a couple years ago). Overall a very upsetting experience that stays with you for a long, long time.

This resonates with me so much. I was exactly the same. I spent the first 13 years of my life constantly wet or messy. I was threatened with being sent to school in nothing but a nappy and plastic pants, was threatened to be sent to a special school, and i remember being threatened at being sent away on a few occasions. I was called dirty, smelly and filthy and i will never forget the way my mum would scrunch her face up and blow through her nose while she chastised me whenever i would be cleaned or changed. I was ridiculed at school and known as the smelly kid. My nappies weren't very discrete either and i remember spending alot of my childhood trying to hide my bum and nappies whilst also feeling constantly embaressed. My teachers at school were also not very sympathetic and i also remember being in hospital and getting poked, proded and once the matron souted across the ward, in front of every kid on the ward that i needed a nappy check and the nurse will meet me in the bathroom. I was 10 at the time and all the other kids then knew i was in nappies. I did get alot of questions and comments from the other kids after that. To this day I have no idea why the matron did that. I can only assume this was to try and shame me into being clean. I was given medication that was supposed to make my bowels work, and although it did its job, it would make my messes very large, loose amd smelly so this only made it worse for me at school. i remember getting sent home a couple of times because i had gotten into too much of a mess at school dor the teachers to deal with. This was in the 80s so things were very different back then but yes, i totally get all the emotions and shame that comes with being incontinent as a kid, especially the 1 where you feel your letting your parents down. I was told i was an embarrassment a lot. . .

• Sad
Reactions: PrettyLilPrincess
Airborne532 said:
It’s a distinctive and unmistakable smell.

I was a bedwetter until the age of about 10 but didn’t wear pyjamas. I’m not sure why but I always wore the pants and undies I was going to wear the next day and they were always dry by the time I got to school. In my mind that was ok, but I must have been smelly. I do remember comments being made although I don’t remember being particularly embarrassed. I also had a few other issues, so maybe I was desensitised to them, and stood up for myself.

According to an ex-classmate I was smelly, but she liked it and was one of the reasons she hung out with me. She admitted to often pretending she was tired just so she could lay on me and come around to my house. The other thing she told me was how I stood up for myself, although I was never a bully. Apparently if someone made fun of me, they got a punch in the face, so no one did. Her admissions came at a party, years after leaving school. I had no idea she was fascinated with me, much to her frustration.

It probably sounds strange, but the scent is something I grew to like. That began when I had to share a room with a cousin that was a chronic bedwetter. I liked the way her room smelt, and from the day I moved in she insisted on sleeping in my bed. Virtually every night she not only wet the bed, but it would also go all over me. I never had a shower in the morning and wore the same undies to school, which by that stage I was in high school.

wow, thats also ironic. I used to hang around with a girl at school who used to smell of pee because i liked it. We ended up playing about sexually as teenagers and her white knickers were always pee stained and smelly. She admitted that she leaked a lot and wet the bed. The smell used to drive me wild. I often wonder if she wears nappies now. . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: chamberpot and Wetshisbed
Soggy247 said:
wow, thats also ironic. I used to hang around with a girl at school who used to smell of pee because i liked it. We ended up playing about sexually as teenagers and her white knickers were always pee stained and smelly. She admitted that she leaked a lot and wet the bed. The smell used to drive me wild. I often wonder if she wears nappies now. . . .
Guess I must have been a little naive at the time, considering what she said and how much she liked me, yet I seemed oblivious. I do remember her very regularly telling me she was tired and if she could lay on me. She would then move so her face was in my crotch, and according to her pretend to be asleep but never was. The other thing she admitted to was going in my bathroom after I had a shower and smelling my undies.

By the time I moved into my aunt and uncles house I was much more aware of girls. The cousin I was referring to was actually a second cousin. Her dad, my direct cousin wasn’t capable of looking after her and neither was her mum. I didn’t realise it at the time but that made her cling to me like glue and did “everything” I did. At night she used to wrap her arms and legs around me so when she peed in her sleep it was a rather interesting experience. I liked how it felt and made me smell once it had dried.

Moving in with them also meant going to a new school. Not long after one of the guys said something like, “do you piss your pants, you always smell like you have”. He also commented on how my cousin meet me at the end of the school day. He said it at the bus stop in front of a lot of people. I wasn’t a bully, but he soon discovered that was a mistake. Oddly enough we eventually became friends, and I began to realise he liked the way I smelt, especially when he discovered why

Reactions: Soggy247
As a chronic nightly bedwetter I was always putting my wet underwear under my bed and my room always smelled of a bedwetters room just as it does now when you walk in and it never fails to give me butterflies when I go in there for something. When I started messing myself intentionally in my early teens I would hide my dirty things in the crawl space where we kept our Christmas decorations. I'm not sure if my mom knew but if she did she never said anything.

Reactions: chamberpot
One time when I had just started high school I accidentally peed myself on my way home because I didn't want to miss the bus so I didn't use the restroom before hopping on. The fact that I was still prone to pee myself at 15 after many months without an accident was utterly embarrassing and I didn´t want my mom to find out, so when I got home I went straight into my room and took off the wet pants and undies and hid them in the mystic space between my bed and the wall, then I put on some fresh undies and jeans just in time before my mom arrived with my brother after picking him up from school. I had planned on rinsing my peepee clothes when I took my shower later that night, but got so engrossed in my homework that I forgot about my pending chore.

The next day I went to school and mid-class I was hit by the anxiety of something very important that I had left undone, and my mind immediately went to the space between my bed and the wall, fearing that my mom could find my wet clothes while I was out... but there was nothing I could do at the moment so the anxiety lingered for the rest of the day. Having learnt from my experience of the day before I made sure to use the restroom before hopping on the bus so at least I wasn´t worried about peeing myself again; my only concern was getting rid of the evidence of my accident, but as soon as I got home such concern turned into absolut panic when I couldn´t find my clothes where I had left them -nor anywhere near-, meaning that my mom had definitely found them...

She arrived shortly afterwards with my brother and I tried to greet them as normally as I could but I was so nervous that you could sense all the awkwardness I was going through. Still, my mom greeted me nonchalantly and told me to wash my hands for supper. Since my mom didn´t bring up any weird findings I somehow thought nothing would ever be said. After supper my mom told me to get my homework done, and I may have left the dining room before my mom finished saying the word "homework" but then she suddenly called me back, sending a shiver through my whole body.

I slowly walked back to the dining room, reckoning another lecture about me being too old to still pee my pants, but as soon as I got close enough my mom said matter-of-factly: "I understand that this is a new stage for you and it is perfectly ok to be nervous, but please, if you have another accident, just rinse your clothes and leave them in the shower so I can wash them later, ok?... now on to your homework." I didn´t say anything and only nodded sheepishly before returning to my room, red as a tomato. After that day I never hid clothes again, but that led to more awkward moments with my mom confronting me over finding my rinsed undies in the shower pretty much everyday until I somewhow convinced her that I was pre-washing my undies to help her, to which she agreed being perfectly aware of the real reason behind it, but I guess she thought it was better not to make it more awkward than it already was.

Reactions: dogboy
This probably isnt the most appealing post but seeing the topic made remember an interesting story from years ago. It made me come to a possible conclusion. I bought my first house years back. We were renovating the upstairs rooms and both rooms had storage spaces along the sides as the roof was vaulted. I think the call them knee walls. So when I lifted some of the loose floor boards in the storage spaces, maybe finding some lost artifacts or even hidden money! So again not a very appealing discovery.... but we did find a pile of old white underwear stashed under the boards! I bet a young kid, probably potty training, had the room back then and was hiding his wet underwear under those floor boards! I didnt inspect anything too closely and just tossed it all with all the other debris. So this topic made me remember that less than appealing discovery so long ago.

Reactions: Pelusos
DinoFrant said:
One time when I had just started high school I accidentally peed myself on my way home because I didn't want to miss the bus so I didn't use the restroom before hopping on. The fact that I was still prone to pee myself at 15 after many months without an accident was utterly embarrassing and I didn´t want my mom to find out, so when I got home I went straight into my room and took off the wet pants and undies and hid them in the mystic space between my bed and the wall, then I put on some fresh undies and jeans just in time before my mom arrived with my brother after picking him up from school. I had planned on rinsing my peepee clothes when I took my shower later that night, but got so engrossed in my homework that I forgot about my pending chore.

The next day I went to school and mid-class I was hit by the anxiety of something very important that I had left undone, and my mind immediately went to the space between my bed and the wall, fearing that my mom could find my wet clothes while I was out... but there was nothing I could do at the moment so the anxiety lingered for the rest of the day. Having learnt from my experience of the day before I made sure to use the restroom before hopping on the bus so at least I wasn´t worried about peeing myself again; my only concern was getting rid of the evidence of my accident, but as soon as I got home such concern turned into absolut panic when I couldn´t find my clothes where I had left them -nor anywhere near-, meaning that my mom had definitely found them...

She arrived shortly afterwards with my brother and I tried to greet them as normally as I could but I was so nervous that you could sense all the awkwardness I was going through. Still, my mom greeted me nonchalantly and told me to wash my hands for supper. Since my mom didn´t bring up any weird findings I somehow thought nothing would ever be said. After supper my mom told me to get my homework done, and I may have left the dining room before my mom finished saying the word "homework" but then she suddenly called me back, sending a shiver through my whole body.

I slowly walked back to the dining room, reckoning another lecture about me being too old to still pee my pants, but as soon as I got close enough my mom said matter-of-factly: "I understand that this is a new stage for you and it is perfectly ok to be nervous, but please, if you have another accident, just rinse your clothes and leave them in the shower so I can wash them later, ok?... now on to your homework." I didn´t say anything and only nodded sheepishly before returning to my room, red as a tomato. After that day I never hid clothes again, but that led to more awkward moments with my mom confronting me over finding my rinsed undies in the shower pretty much everyday until I somewhow convinced her that I was pre-washing my undies to help her, to which she agreed being perfectly aware of the real reason behind it, but I guess she thought it was better not to make it more awkward than it already was.
Did your mother ever suggest you wear pull-ups to school, so that if you did need to wet yourself it would all be contained and she could change you when you got home?

Reactions: DinoFrant
DelC said:

Bedwetters and their bedrooms always have a distinctive smell - growing up I peed my bed every night and often had wet or damp underwear - I was one of the smelly kids in the class, but not the only one. No doubt the others all peed their beds as well but nobody talked about it. On the odd occasions when someone peed their pants it was always one of the smelly kids

Reactions: PeeJayTee and Airborne532
jamie72 said:
Bedwetters and their bedrooms always have a distinctive smell - growing up I peed my bed every night and often had wet or damp underwear - I was one of the smelly kids in the class, but not the only one. No doubt the others all peed their beds as well but nobody talked about it. On the odd occasions when someone peed their pants it was always one of the smelly kids
Your right about bedwetters rooms having a distinctive smell and mine would have fitted that category. Its not something I was particularly attentive to, but the occasional comment from friends, cousins and other people, I can’t say I didn’t know. What I did notice was other people that were smelly, or their rooms and in most cases both. I’m not sure why but I quite liked it.

As I said in previous comments, I regularly hid my underwear, but not from my mother. She was well aware I both wet my bed and regularly pooped in my underwear during the day. The reason was mostly to hide them from my friends, who often visited my house. There were a few occasions they were discovered, which were embarrassing, especially one of them.

Reactions: PeeJayTee
Ali123 said:
Did your mother ever suggest you wear pull-ups to school, so that if you did need to wet yourself it would all be contained and she could change you when you got home?

I would´ve definitely loved that my mom had offered me the option of wearing pull-ups to school and having her change me back at home... unfortunately she was completely against having me back in diapers after I turned 4 and would scold me every time she caught me wearing my baby brother´s diapers. The thing is that throughout my childhood I always had at least a wet patch on the crotch of my pants and every time she took off my undies they were somewhere between damp and soaked, so my accidents never surprised her but actually got her upset because she knew they were due to me not minding getting to the toilet in time. Precisely what made me so embarrassed this time was that I had thought that I was already a big boy and had left this behind so I didn´t want my mom to find out, but once she found out I kinda became comfortable again with the idea of wearing damp underwear for comfort.

jamie72 said:
I was one of those smelly kids with oft wet pants.

Reactions: PeeJayTee and jamie72
MaximusWolfheart said:
Has anyone ever hidden their messy/wet underwear in the closet, under the bed/mattress or in their toy box or even burried in the dirty clothes, only to be found later when your parents clean your room or do laundry? If so, were you punished & how?
They were found and I was asked if I had any bedwetting issues. I denied. They found some later but never talked about it. After cleaning they just "forgot" to close the closet complete or gave some similar hints.

I have been on this forum for a long time now, and I still don’t always feel comfortable sharing my bedwetting experience (because it involves a significant amount of theft). I have mentioned it in a few threads before and I’m starting to feel more comfortable here, so I’m starting to open up more. When I first started bedwetting I was almost 7 (I now know it’s called secondary enuresis), my mom thiught it was just a fluke thing. I was so embarrassed after the second time it happened, I started stealing diapers and pull ups from my babysitters house to manage it. I had encopresis and my mom was always chiding me for the skid marks in my underwear as it was (not because it happened but because I would lie about it). On the rare occasion that I would forget to put on a stolen diaper after I was put to bed or if I fell asleep too fast, I would usually wake up in the middle of peeing my bed and trying desperately to stop the flow. I never could stop and always had to wait until I was finished peeing. This only happened a couple of times before I learned how to use the washing machine when I was 8. At that point, if it happened, I would announce that I was going to clean my room and would just wash my sheets myself. I think my mom suspected I had wet the bed in those instances, but it didn’t happen very often. Maybe a dozen times by the time I quit wetting shortly after I hit puberty. She never did find out about the diapers until long after I had stopped wetting. Come to find out she was a bedwetter herself and was shocked to find out I successfully hid nightly wetting from her for over 6 years. She said she thought I just had a few random accidents, and never made a big deal about them. Since she never made a big deal about it, to this day I have no idea why I was so embarrassed by it or why I so desperately didn’t want her to find out. I did a LOT of really stupid things as a kid though, and I’m sure trauma from my parents divorce didn’t help (and the stress was likely the cause of my bedwetting to begin with). If I had it to do over again, I should have admitted I had the problem and never stolen all the diapers I did from different babysitters and other daycare kids. Doing the math, it had to be well over 1,000 diapers. I still feel guilty about it to this day, which is why I rarely talk about it. At one point I was so embarrassed I even made up an alternate story about how I became a DL.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinoFrant and dogboy
grst said:
I have been on this forum for a long time now, and I still don’t always feel comfortable sharing my bedwetting experience (because it involves a significant amount of theft). I have mentioned it in a few threads before and I’m starting to feel more comfortable here, so I’m starting to open up more. When I first started bedwetting I was almost 7 (I now know it’s called secondary enuresis), my mom thiught it was just a fluke thing. I was so embarrassed after the second time it happened, I started stealing diapers and pull ups from my babysitters house to manage it. I had encopresis and my mom was always chiding me for the skid marks in my underwear as it was (not because it happened but because I would lie about it). On the rare occasion that I would forget to put on a stolen diaper after I was put to bed or if I fell asleep too fast, I would usually wake up in the middle of peeing my bed and trying desperately to stop the flow. I never could stop and always had to wait until I was finished peeing. This only happened a couple of times before I learned how to use the washing machine when I was 8. At that point, if it happened, I would announce that I was going to clean my room and would just wash my sheets myself. I think my mom suspected I had wet the bed in those instances, but it didn’t happen very often. Maybe a dozen times by the time I quit wetting shortly after I hit puberty. She never did find out about the diapers until long after I had stopped wetting. Come to find out she was a bedwetter herself and was shocked to find out I successfully hid nightly wetting from her for over 6 years. She said she thought I just had a few random accidents, and never made a big deal about them. Since she never made a big deal about it, to this day I have no idea why I was so embarrassed by it or why I so desperately didn’t want her to find out. I did a LOT of really stupid things as a kid though, and I’m sure trauma from my parents divorce didn’t help (and the stress was likely the cause of my bedwetting to begin with). If I had it to do over again, I should have admitted I had the problem and never stolen all the diapers I did from different babysitters and other daycare kids. Doing the math, it had to be well over 1,000 diapers. I still feel guilty about it to this day, which is why I rarely talk about it. At one point I was so embarrassed I even made up an alternate story about how I became a DL.
I read about so many people that were able to hide it from parent's. How is this possible? I wasn't able to do it for a week.

Lolcat said:
I read about so many people that were able to hide it from parent's. How is this possible? I wasn't able to do it for a week.
I was a very independent kid and my mom was a very busy single parent with multiple jobs. My mom almost never went in my room.

Reactions: Lolcat and Airborne532
Oh god I was constantly hiding peed briefs in my room. Under the mattress, in the back of drawers, tucked into my snow boots. It was always panic-hiding. My room stunk, and I was also one of the kids regularly going to school smelling like pee. It would only work if I wet the bed “a little” and could buy some time laying in bed and trying to soak it out of my sheets and/or pjs.

The punishment was just that my mom was not shy about my bedwetting, and I didn’t like everyone always hearing about it. Honestly, hiding it only made things worse because they’d turn up eventually and she hated that I hid them.

Also, the threat of diapers was always “hanging over my head” until my teens. I obviously liked them a bit even then, but there was always some shame in “regressing” back into them. If I was wetting multiple times a week, it was back to pampers at night till things slowed down.

I have a couple vivid memories of spectacularly failing to hid my wet clothes on vacation. I generally always had to wear diapers when we stayed anywhere overnight. But if I was going through a dry spell, I could sometimes even get out of that, even though I’d always end up peeing an unfamiliar bed. Very much remember the horror of being thirteen years old and waking up in the middle of the night in a soaked hotel bed only to get caught trying to tuck soiled tighty-whities into the bottom of a luggage bag

Back