Fascination with safety and adult car seat?

gterriley said:
Aww, sorry about the car seats ☹️, at least you have your lifejacket!
Also, I wouldn’t worry too much about floating around in it, I’ve seen plenty of people swimming and floating around in life jackets at my lake. It’s safer and less work! If anyone asks for some reason just say you wanted to get in the water but you’re tired and don’t feel like treading water
And a lot of people wear lifejackets for swimming due to medical reasons! It's perfectly OK to wear one and your safety is the priority. Usually when I say it's because of a medical condition, people leave me alone.

Taapero said:
Did you get your sister to drive you around? How did it go. I'm tempted to also ask a friend of mine.
Soon! She’s on spring break next weekend

Reactions: Bigbabybret
gterriley said:
Do let us know how it goes. Excited for you. One can only fantasize about getting driven around! :D

gterriley said:
Do you plan to ride front seat or rear seat?

Finally went on a ride in my car seat! It was so much fun, my sister actually got a kick out of it and really snugged up the harness on me so I had virtually no movement. It was so comfy and the best part was feeling extra secure when the car braked. (I had a seatbelt cutter on hand just in case) but I legitimately could not unbuckle myself when we stopped. My sister thought it was funny to leave me to try for a few minutes before releasing me. She didn’t ride in it but she did sit in it and strap herself in and said it felt comfy but she didn’t like the locking buckles. We talked a little about using our car seats as kids and she said she used the regent for so long just because she thought it was more comfortable. She said she didn’t really care about the harness it was just more relaxing to be in the regent instead of the normal seat and she remembers being disappointed when she hit the limit for it.

gterriley said:
Finally went on a ride in my car seat! It was so much fun, my sister actually got a kick out of it and really snugged up the harness on me so I had virtually no movement. It was so comfy and the best part was feeling extra secure when the car braked. (I had a seatbelt cutter on hand just in case) but I legitimately could not unbuckle myself when we stopped. My sister thought it was funny to leave me to try for a few minutes before releasing me. She didn’t ride in it but she did sit in it and strap herself in and said it felt comfy but she didn’t like the locking buckles. We talked a little about using our car seats as kids and she said she used the regent for so long just because she thought it was more comfortable. She said she didn’t really care about the harness it was just more relaxing to be in the regent instead of the normal seat and she remembers being disappointed when she hit the limit for it.
That is great!!!! I know you have wanted this for a long time.
Did you ride rear seat or front seat? Do you have a pic?

Reactions: gterriley
No pics, I rode in the backseat, it’s not legal to have a car seat in the front :)

Agreed. The side 'wings' will interfere with one's side vision.

gterriley said:
No pics, I rode in the backseat, it’s not legal to have a car seat in the front :)
Ahh, no pics :)

Now, see that wasnt that big a deal for your sister to drive you around.

You sister would have went for a ride if you gave her something to open the buckle up easily i'm sure, maybe next time.

But, really now are you going to ask her again?
How about anyone else?

Really yes, it's all in good fun and more comfy. Yes having a seatbelt cutter is a good idea in any seatbelt, let alone a carseat with aharness.

Really, I dont see why more people that can legally fit wont just ask/use them, and/or get a harness for the seat that will fit them.

TBH: I know it's embaressing the first time, but after that it's not that big a deal for anyone that loves you for sure.

I mean, anyone you trust would most likely do this easily, it;s not that big of an inconvience to buckle/unbuckle someone in a carseat, done all the time for kids for many years.
Yes, you may get a question once or twice or a ribibng once or twice, but after that it;s not a big deal, especially if you dont make it one.
Really, just saying you think it's more comfortable is more than enough for just about anyone, let alone if you feel more safe/secure in the harness that is even more reason to just use it.

I know there are several people on here that easily fit a large carseat with a harness and if i did i'd use it all the time.

Yes, i do have some medical issues that make a harness way better for me, but TBH it's still embaressing the first time someone see you in it, but if you dont make it a big deal and just that it's more comfortable, nuff said.
I mean at this point most my friends and family have seen me in the harness when i've been out and about as i dont go without it at all anymore. But my mother, brother, neice/nephew, friends, and of cource my workers have all seen it and most have worked with it/hooked it up/unhooked it.

I have even left it on when going into a store or resturaunt as it's way easier than taking it on/off, and it's just black so not like the harness is pink (albeit they do have light blue).

But, back on subject:
I'm glad you got a ride in it, and i really hope that you just continue to use it with your sister, and become more comfortable with it and just start using it anytime your riding in a car, it makes you feel good, its comfortable and your not hurting anyone, in fact might easily be safer.
You have the seat, now it's a matter of just being confident enough to just put it in the car and leave it there, and/or put it in your friends car when you ride with them too. I know that is hard, but not as hard as many other things people do everyday.

I really dont think many if anyone would put carseat and ABDL together as a #1 link, unless they are already in/familiar with the AB thing beforehand.
You being small enough to fit in it, means you are on the smaller side and in all reality you can most likely see out the front better in the seat than not, and like you already noticed its nice when someone brakes and you dont have your body jolted forward.

Myself, if someone hit the brake and i was not ready for it, i'd be in a LOT of pain if not possibly hurt myself quite a bit, but even without that, it's nice to not have to watch for the quick brake checks and/or swerving to avoid other bad drivers and to just relay and ride in the car without the whole bracing yourself the whole time for the unexpected issues.

Other than the question of are you going to use it more, and with more people. How long was the ride?

I'd suggest that maybe your sister drive you in the seat to a mutual friend or out to meet people out someplace and let things just go, and know that your sister understands and in all reality would have your back (and harness too) for anyone questioning it or teasing you. Or even drive to/from where your parents are at.

I dont think anyone really is going to disown you for riding in a seat you legimitally are the right size for and also that you feel more comfortalb using.

gterriley said:
Awesome to hear that she was supporting and went with it, and even tried it! Sounds like you need to give her the key for the Chest Clip Guard and Buckle Guard so she can get out herself and take her out for a ride.

How did you feel when you found out you're stuck and she left you there to try? Did you get the feeling of being secured and contained you were looking for? Did you get any additional feelings now that you were truly not in control and were in someone elses hands?

Reactions: gterriley
There are now many recent threads regarding car seats here and in one of them I mentioned that I've been designing additions to the Merritt Manufacturing Chest Clip Guard and Buckle Guard that make them truly escapable. In my personal experience I've found out that a fully grown ma... toddler can get out of them. Maybe @gterriley got some extra strong ones since she can't get out of hers ;)

Anyway, I'm finally finished and have finalized a design that truly is inescapable and I had to stay seated while I waited for my Kitchen Safe to give me the keys (just to make sure I don't cheat after I get bored). Also a great product that a lot of people don't use for its intended purpose, but I digress :censored:

Here are the results;
Merritt Manufacturing Buckle Guard and Chest Clip Guard true anti-escape modifications - Imgur

The images were too large to upload here. Attached are the STL files for 3D printing. Accessories needed for the accessories:
If someone goes ahead and tries these and manages to escape, do send feedback and I'll try to improve them. In the meanwhile I'll keep squirming and trying to get out so you might see revisions after these if I manage to find out a way.

Attachments

• 3D Models.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Nice work!

Bigbabybret said:
Ahh, no pics :)

Now, see that wasnt that big a deal for your sister to drive you around.

You sister would have went for a ride if you gave her something to open the buckle up easily i'm sure, maybe next time.

But, really now are you going to ask her again?
How about anyone else?

Really yes, it's all in good fun and more comfy. Yes having a seatbelt cutter is a good idea in any seatbelt, let alone a carseat with aharness.

Really, I dont see why more people that can legally fit wont just ask/use them, and/or get a harness for the seat that will fit them.

TBH: I know it's embaressing the first time, but after that it's not that big a deal for anyone that loves you for sure.

I mean, anyone you trust would most likely do this easily, it;s not that big of an inconvience to buckle/unbuckle someone in a carseat, done all the time for kids for many years.
Yes, you may get a question once or twice or a ribibng once or twice, but after that it;s not a big deal, especially if you dont make it one.
Really, just saying you think it's more comfortable is more than enough for just about anyone, let alone if you feel more safe/secure in the harness that is even more reason to just use it.

I know there are several people on here that easily fit a large carseat with a harness and if i did i'd use it all the time.

Yes, i do have some medical issues that make a harness way better for me, but TBH it's still embaressing the first time someone see you in it, but if you dont make it a big deal and just that it's more comfortable, nuff said.
I mean at this point most my friends and family have seen me in the harness when i've been out and about as i dont go without it at all anymore. But my mother, brother, neice/nephew, friends, and of cource my workers have all seen it and most have worked with it/hooked it up/unhooked it.

I have even left it on when going into a store or resturaunt as it's way easier than taking it on/off, and it's just black so not like the harness is pink (albeit they do have light blue).

But, back on subject:
I'm glad you got a ride in it, and i really hope that you just continue to use it with your sister, and become more comfortable with it and just start using it anytime your riding in a car, it makes you feel good, its comfortable and your not hurting anyone, in fact might easily be safer.
You have the seat, now it's a matter of just being confident enough to just put it in the car and leave it there, and/or put it in your friends car when you ride with them too. I know that is hard, but not as hard as many other things people do everyday.

I really dont think many if anyone would put carseat and ABDL together as a #1 link, unless they are already in/familiar with the AB thing beforehand.
You being small enough to fit in it, means you are on the smaller side and in all reality you can most likely see out the front better in the seat than not, and like you already noticed its nice when someone brakes and you dont have your body jolted forward.

Myself, if someone hit the brake and i was not ready for it, i'd be in a LOT of pain if not possibly hurt myself quite a bit, but even without that, it's nice to not have to watch for the quick brake checks and/or swerving to avoid other bad drivers and to just relay and ride in the car without the whole bracing yourself the whole time for the unexpected issues.

Other than the question of are you going to use it more, and with more people. How long was the ride?

I'd suggest that maybe your sister drive you in the seat to a mutual friend or out to meet people out someplace and let things just go, and know that your sister understands and in all reality would have your back (and harness too) for anyone questioning it or teasing you. Or even drive to/from where your parents are at.

I dont think anyone really is going to disown you for riding in a seat you legimitally are the right size for and also that you feel more comfortalb using.
I understand what you’re saying and yes, 100% I would be safest harnessed in my car seat, but you can’t legally install them in the front seat. And I drive myself to most places, so it would kind of be impractical for me to use it everyday since I’d have to have someone drive me to where I need to go. I will definitely ride in it again and since I have it I probably should be in it if I’m not driving and going on a longer trip so maybe that’s a possibility :)

Reactions: abdlrox
Taapero said:
Awesome to hear that she was supporting and went with it, and even tried it! Sounds like you need to give her the key for the Chest Clip Guard and Buckle Guard so she can get out herself and take her out for a ride.

How did you feel when you found out you're stuck and she left you there to try? Did you get the feeling of being secured and contained you were looking for? Did you get any additional feelings now that you were truly not in control and were in someone elses hands?
Oh it was definitely a little thrill. Not joking I could not get out on my own. The harness was tight enough that I couldn’t reach under the crotch strap buckle guard and I clawed at the chest clip buckle and it did not budge. There’s probably a difference bc if someone had longer arms they might be able to reach around and release it but if you’re the right size for the seat, the buckle guards definitely do their job.

Reactions: Taapero
gterriley said:
I understand what you’re saying and yes, 100% I would be safest harnessed in my car seat, but you can’t legally install them in the front seat. And I drive myself to most places, so it would kind of be impractical for me to use it everyday since I’d have to have someone drive me to where I need to go. I will definitely ride in it again and since I have it I probably should be in it if I’m not driving and going on a longer trip so maybe that’s a possibility :)
Besides, a ride in the backseat is more authentic!

I’m SO glad you got to have a ride. I’m hoping to do the same sometime!

gterriley said:
yes, like i said, riding. yes not in the front seat and not driving.

But, i'm sure you ride in a car from time to time.

Basically if your getting picked up, you can put in a friends car preyyt easy, or have them take your car and have it in your car already.

But you have it, and really might as well use it, you like it, and it's fine to use it as its intended. Your sister is fine with it, its now just a matter of introducing it to more friends/family and it boming a usual thing as opposed to a speccial thing.

I'm not sure yourr situation with friends and family, but in all reality when you are going to ride with someone you mearly inroduct the seat and that you perfer to use it. I'd say that most will be as chill as your sister and you can than use it more.

Yes, i dont think it would be good to be in it alone driving the car, not as easy to see and operate the car and sure there is some issues with that legally, but when riding in a car there should be no issues.

So when the lock gets taken off the buckle guard, does the lock become the part that you push down to release the buckle? What does the buckle guard part look like with the lock in and not inside the buckle guard?

Safetyharness12345 said:
So when the lock gets taken off the buckle guard, does the lock become the part that you push down to release the buckle? What does the buckle guard part look like with the lock in and not inside the buckle guard?
It looks like this: 1206SEGUFIX<sup>®</sup>-Magnetic Lock black / segufix.com (segufixshop-germany.com)

It can't be used to push the red button, it's just to keep the little one from removing it from the buckle guard. You can see what the piece looks like without the lock in the first picture of the album. No breaking modifications are made to any of the original parts. To open the buckle you must remove the magnetic lock and addon to reach the unlock button.

I know what the segufix lock looks like and how it works. I was looking for clarity on how you push the button once you take off the lock covering the hole. So do you use something else to push the button once the segufix lock is taken off or how is that done?

Last edited:
Safetyharness12345 said:
I know what the segufix lock looks like and how it works. I was looking for clarity on how you push the button once you take off the lock covering the hole. So do you use something else to push the button once the segufix lock is taken off or how is that done?
Atleast I am able to reach through finger opening of the Buckle Guard even though I am seated and the harness is snugged up, so that is how. The addon prevents that as it blocks the hole :)

The Buckle Guard comes with an unlock tool you can use to open them if you don't have long enough hands, fingers or the strength to push the button.

Last edited:
Back