Parent's Choice Dry & Gentle Diapers Size 8 coming soon!

Nobu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Screenshot 2024-03-08 082815.png

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Jamesagung21, justadreamer, espectro and 8 others
Definitely makes me curious. Although I wish it came in a smaller package so I could try it easier.

Reactions: FudgedInLuvs, TigerDL, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Weatheronthe8s said:
Definitely makes me curious. Although I wish it came in a smaller package so I could try it easier.
Someone will have small counts on ebay.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, TigerDL and BobbiSueEllen
If anyone is looking for the picture the op put up, walmart.com, parents choice size 7 diapers then it's the last of the pictures.
Screenshot_20240307-180647.png
No sign of bigger training pants or nighttime underwear yet, wonder if these will be out around the same time as Huggies new size 8?

• Thinking
Reactions: littledreamers333, BobbiSueEllen, Nobu and 1 other person
I wonder if these will actually be a larger size or if like pampers, they’ll just make the previous size smaller

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, Cottontail, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
Hell2DaNaw said:
I wonder if these will actually be a larger size or if like pampers, they’ll just make the previous size smaller
The previous version of these diapers used to be wider than the size 8 Pampers, but I'm not sure if the new ones are still the same size. Size 8 could end up being really big, so I'm curious to find out.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, TigerDL, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
N0bu said:
The previous version of these diapers used to be wider than the size 8 Pampers, but I'm not sure if the new ones are still the same size. Size 8 could end up being really big, so I'm curious to find out.
Can't find any info about when they'll be released, so I guess whoever sees them on the shelf first will have to make the announcement

Reactions: TigerDL and BobbiSueEllen
What size where cuties boundless? 22kg+?
So these are probably going to be a bit smaller.

Interesting that the diapers have a wetness indicator even at size 7+8

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Nobu
southeastlittle said:
Can't find any info about when they'll be released, so I guess whoever sees them on the shelf first will have to make the announcement
I'm looking out for these and Huggies size 8's.

• Love
Reactions: FudgedInLuvs, deepdriftAD, Lostdiapersboy and 1 other person
N0bu said:
I'm looking out for these and Huggies size 8's.
Same! Not that I think I'll fit, but it'll be close enough to try 😁

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
These would make ideal stuffers for my big 'Pampers'! A thick, absorbent diaper is a fun diaper!

Reactions: DiaperedSubHubby
About a year ago I got a couple littledreamzzz diapers from etsy that were modded from Parent's choice diapers :) I'm excited to see how this plays out! image0(10).jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: JacobFox, SCLittle, DiaperedSubHubby and 6 others
I recently purchased size 7 Rascal and Friends thinking that they could potentially be fairly large. It was a mistake as they were in deed long but had the shortest tapes/sides I’ve seen in a size 7.

Makes me wonder if these companies think larger just means longer when in fact parents want bigger sizes because their children have bigger and bigger waists.

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, TigerDL, Lostdiapersboy and 1 other person
bugguy6970 said:
I recently purchased size 7 Rascal and Friends thinking that they could potentially be fairly large. It was a mistake as they were in deed long but had the shortest tapes/sides I’ve seen in a size 7.

Makes me wonder if these companies think larger just means longer when in fact parents want bigger sizes because their children have bigger and bigger waists.
I noticed that on the Gentle Steps. I picked some up yesterday and they are pretty long but super narrow. They are pretty absorbent though. Not nearly as soft as Huggies/Pampers/Luvs but they were only $6 for a pack so I can see why they'd be a decent option for a budget.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Nobu, LegacyDpr and 1 other person
Hell2DaNaw said:
I wonder if these will actually be a larger size or if like pampers, they’ll just make the previous size smaller.
Yeah, sigh… This has happened so many times now, it’s hard to get excited. In the US, the current size 8 Pampers are even slightly smaller than the typical size 6 of ten years ago. It seems like they’re just adding sizes in between and renumbering. (But when somebody gets these Parent’s Choice 8s, I hope they’ll stretch one out flat and post measurements. I’ll be glad to be wrong.)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Hell2DaNaw, southeastlittle and 1 other person
From what I have heard in the past is that the Toddler diapers made in the '70s were bigger than most of the biggest sized baby diapers currently made today but I have no way to prove this

VTG-PAMPERS-Toddler-Day-Night-Over-23.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Lostdiapersboy, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
dpcare said:
From what I have heard in the past is that the Toddler diapers made in the '70s were bigger than most of the biggest sized baby diapers currently made today but I have no way to prove this

View attachment 131855
Surely someone here is a vintage baby diaper collector who can give us a comparison? I've seen pictures before somewhere I can't remember, but the difference was noticeable. A size 6 back then was definitely bigger than what we have now

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Cottontail
dpcare said:
I expect there’s some collector in our midst with enough old diapers to create a comprehensive Pampers size chart going back to the 70s.

If not, it could be done for about $6,000,000 on eBay. :ROFLMAO:

I’ve been buying Pampers for myself since the late 80s, though it didn’t occur to me to measure them until about 15 years ago when the size 7s came out. According to my memory anyway, the lengths of the largest diapers haven’t changed a lot, but they’ve gotten a fair bit narrower and thinner. Certainly the pre-SAP diapers were a LOT thicker!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, TigerDL, deepdriftAD and 2 others
Cottontail said:
Yeah, sigh… This has happened so many times now, it’s hard to get excited. In the US, the current size 8 Pampers are even slightly smaller than the typical size 6 of ten years ago. It seems like they’re just adding sizes in between and renumbering. (But when somebody gets these Parent’s Choice 8s, I hope they’ll stretch one out flat and post measurements. I’ll be glad to be wrong.)
Parent’s Choice 7's already have a wider fit than any other size 7 and most size 8's, they just need to be longer. I can fit in them now but the rise is pretty low. Size 8 should be a perfect fit (I hope)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Lostdiapersboy, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Back when the rather-thick Maximum Absorbency Pampers came out in the early '80s, I remember the TV ad depicting two moms in Mom-Talk: on the table before them were an open, toddler-size, fanfold Pampers diaper, a water-filled 12-ounce (?) tumbler and a water-filled pitcher (48 ounce?). Mom 1 holds up the tumbler and says "this is how much the average toddler wets", pours it all onto the diaper: then she holds up the pitcher and says "and this is how much Maximum Absorbency Pampers can hold", pouring it all, too, onto the diaper.

A moment later, as Mom 2 watches, Mom 1 grasps the back of the Pampers, holds it up...no leaking. Mom 2 is impressed. But I looked at how huge, how massive that diaper was...and thought it just might come close to fitting me. I never wanted to be back in diapers so badly, to have my bottom softly snugged in thick, sweet-smelling, real Pampers.

A few weeks later...I got my wish. And a very-unexpected, very-sweet surprise. 🤗🥰🥰🥰

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, LittleAndAlone, TigerDL and 1 other person
Back