Time to Settle This Once and for All! Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network?

Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network

• Total voters

ABDElsa

TheFrozenABDL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Which had the better overall shows in the 90s and early 2000s? Because I'm sure we can all agree what's on there now is not NEARLY as good as what was on back then, to put it nicely and be civil. So, vote in the poll and comment down below some of your favorite Nick and/or Cartoon Network shows, and why? As well as anything else you wanna comment.

Reactions: Kirisin and TrashPanda01
Nickelodeon hands down. This isn't even a comparison

• Love
Reactions: TexHagrid and ABDElsa
Cozycomfort1 said:
Nickelodeon hands down. This isn't even a comparison
I agree! Love your Profile Pic of Todd BTW! Beavis and Butt-head is my favorite TV Show of all-time! 🤣

Last edited:
Cartoon network I'm old school 58 so I like the older cartoons. Infact I chose my family practice Doctor of cartoons lol Wiley E Coyote

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa
Kirisin said:
Cartoon network I'm old school 58 so I like the older cartoons. Infact I chose my family practice Doctor of cartoons lol Wiley E Coyote
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius, I like the way that rolls out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirisin
Lol yea cartoon was Road Runner my Dr Wiley

• Love
I'd say I watched more Nickelodeon growing up.

• Love
Reactions: TexHagrid and ABDElsa
Sealander said:
I'd say I watched more Nickelodeon growing up.
Same. And I continued watching Nickelodeon into the 2000s! There were still a lot of great shows to love! Like Jimmy Neutron, Teenage Robot, Mr. Meaty, and All Grown up to name a few! Not to mention the Nick-coms! Whereas there were only a few 2000s Cartoon Network shows I liked/watched. Like Billy & Mandy, Foster's Home, KND, and Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Last edited:
ABDElsa said:
Which had the better overall shows in the 90s and early 2000s? Because I'm sure we can all agree what's on there now is not NEARLY as good as what was on back then, to put it nicely and be civil. So, vote in the poll and comment down below some of your favorite Nick and/or Cartoon Network shows, and why? As well as anything else you wanna comment.
both, both is good

When I was little (like 5 years old) I always watched shows like Tom and Jerry, Johnny bravo and dexters lab on Cartoon Network. When I was 6 years old I moved to a different town and we couldn’t receive Cartoon Network there so I watched fox kids which became Jetix later before turning into the Disney channel where I used to watch Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh, I’m pretty sure Nickelodeon didn’t exist yet, at least not in the Netherlands. Later we started receiving Nickelodeon on the TV and I watched that most of the time and really enjoyed some of their shows like SpongeBob SquarePants, rocket power and rugrats.

I voted for Nickelodeon because I honestly don’t remember much from Cartoon Network except Tom and Jerry which will probably be my favourite cartoon of all time with SpongeBob SquarePants being my second favourite.

Last edited:
  • Love
My vote went to nick because that's what I watched as a kid but I love the old stuff thay play on CN. I'm an 80's baby so I got "saved by the bell" and "Salute Your Shorts" in the 90's. O good times.

• Love
Man, that's tough. Both had a lot of good options back then. Now, the options aren't even close to as good, although I'm sure there were some modern standouts I'm just forgetting.

It seems like a lot of modern cartoons are either too stupid or dumbed down or too preachy rather than focused on adventure and fun. Don't even get me started on the ben 10 reboot or teen titans go. A tradgedy in entertainment.

I had to give cn my vote though because they had more action or adventure oriented cartoons which appealed to me more, and they had more anime which I still love to this day and really enjoyed when I was younger. Although nick did have the standout avatar.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: KittyninjaW and ABDElsa
lilSorcerer said:
Now, the options aren't even close to as good, although I'm sure there were some modern standouts I'm just forgetting.

It seems like a lot of modern cartoons are either too stupid or dumbed down or too preachy rather than focused on adventure and fun. Don't even get me started on the ben 10 reboot or teen titans go. A tradgedy in entertainment.
Thank you! Speaking the truth! I don't even watch modern cartoons anymore because they're all just so stupid! There's not a single new kid's or adult cartoon on right now that I watch. Just stuff still on to this day, like Family Guy, South Park, and SpongeBob.

Last edited:
This was super hard for me. I eventually settled on Nickelodeon because it had more cartoons I remember watching and enjoying such as Hey Arnold, CatDog, Rugrats, Rocket Kids, SpongeBob and The Fairly Odd Parents. I still love the Fairly Odd Parents and love to watch it. ( My wife things it is stupid and hates that show. Oh well.) That being said when I was younger like 4-7 I loved Cartoon Network way more and actually didn't like some of the Mid 90's Nickelodeon show such as Roccos modern life, Angry Beavers, or Monsters. Cartoon Network at that time had Captain Planet, Scooby Doo Kids, Tom and Jerry Kids, Flinstones Kids, and other cartoons I like. Plus they had the good old classic like Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry which are still great cartoons.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and KittyninjaW
Cartoon Network! I knew about Cartoon Network first and Nick later, and liked stuff from both but for me it will always be Cartoon Network FTW!

Last edited:
  • Love
Netflix.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: ABDElsa and oreobaby89
BobbiSueEllen said:
If I was a kid now this would totally be my answer. Sadly I think if we asked kids where there favorite place to watch something a good majority would say YouTube. I thinks we can all agree this is a sad reality because the quality of the stuff on there is so low.

• Sad
Reactions: KittyninjaW, ABDElsa and BobbiSueEllen
oreobaby89 said:
This was super hard for me. I eventually settled on Nickelodeon because it had more cartoons I remember watching and enjoying such as Hey Arnold, CatDog, Rugrats, Rocket Kids, SpongeBob and The Fairly Odd Parents. I still love the Fairly Odd Parents and love to watch it. ( My wife things it is stupid and hates that show. Oh well.) That being said when I was younger like 4-7 I loved Cartoon Network way more and actually didn't like some of the Mid 90's Nickelodeon show such as Roccos modern life, Angry Beavers, or Monsters. Cartoon Network at that time had Captain Planet, Scooby Doo Kids, Tom and Jerry Kids, Flinstones Kids, and other cartoons I like. Plus they had the good old classic like Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry which are still great cartoons.
FOP is my favorite Nicktoon! (Sorry SpongeBob) I'm currently binge-watching the entire series! I'm almost done. I'm on Season 9. The season with Sparky. Which I actually liked Sparky, even though no one else did. But like everyone else, I hated Chloë!

BobbiSueEllen said:
OK but Netflix is more recent and wasn't a part of our childhoods. So, which did you watch/like more as a Kid? Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network?

Last edited:
I was mostly a Nick kid but when we got CN I began watching both.

• Love
Reactions: KittyninjaW and ABDElsa
Back