Cornstarch powder issues

diapernh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I have found that i seem to have contact allergy to the Aloe in the cornstarch powder. Is there a brand that does not have Aloe and Vitamin E. I was getting the perfect purity brand at dollar tree, but they seem to not carry it any longer.

Also can i just get a box of cornstarch from the baking aisle at the store and use that? I don’t care if it does not smell baby fresh.

Reactions: Angelapinks
No reason you couldn't use standred cornstarch. I've tried it and does the job.

• Thinking
You can use pure cornstarch.
It's cheaper too than baby powder.
Just need to transfer it into a shaker style bottle if you want something for easy application.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
SparkyDog said:
You can use pure cornstarch.
It's cheaper too than baby powder.
Just need to transfer it into a shaker style bottle if you want something for easy application.
I would think that once store-bought cornstarch got wet it would get thick and sticky. It is used as a thickener in a lot of recipes.

adam said:
I would think that once store-bought cornstarch got wet it would get thick and sticky. It is used as a thickener in a lot of recipes.
You only do a light dusting
don't be putting half a cup like you're making gravy.
Then you will have issues.
All your standard baby powders now are pure corn starch with a couple extra ingredients for smell & skin health
but those also don't turn into a paste unless you're using tons and tons of powder

SparkyDog said:
You only do a light dusting
don't be putting half a cup like you're making gravy.
Then you will have issues.
All your standard baby powders now are pure corn starch with a couple extra ingredients for smell & skin health
but those also don't turn into a paste unless you're using tons and tons of powder
I hope it carries a warning about using so much. As you know from the photos we see, some babies just cake their powder on.

diapernh said:
I have found that i seem to have contact allergy to the Aloe in the cornstarch powder. Is there a brand that does not have Aloe and Vitamin E. I was getting the perfect purity brand at dollar tree, but they seem to not carry it any longer.

Also can i just get a box of cornstarch from the baking aisle at the store and use that? I don’t care if it does not smell baby fresh.
I have used cornstarch many of times. Works just fine. You might want to put it in some kind of shaker first.

Last edited:
So I bought a box at Aldi, and mixed with some gold bond powder into an old shaker. Seems to work ok, kinda clumpy and does not dispense the best but it works

Back