Diapers and neurodiversity

caitianx said:
Autism and Cerebral Palsy.
My interception is so bad, I do not realize I had to pee and poop until after it happens in my diaper(s).
Call me Caitian Meow-Meow "Piddle-Poopy Pants".
I will often not realize it until I'm already going. Either that or I will notice it and there will be some time to spare, but I end up just going in my diaper anyway. It's not worth the increased anxiety of a dash to the bathroom when I can just relax and go right where I am.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, LiddleBigBoy and BobbiSueEllen
MrDiaperLoverUK said:
I also have autism (mildly) but right now I really need diapers on me as a coping mechanism because I’m about to lose the only person in my life who is a second mother to me and that’s is my Nan (my late dad’s mother) who due to pass away any time now ☹️ here in the UK where I’m from
Update my Nan has now passed away on the 28/01/2024 at 1:40pm uk time age 87 years old ☹️

• Sad
Reactions: LittleLia20, CutestPaddedFemboy, Bailedacademic and 3 others
PaddedCub said:
I’m autistic (level 2). Also have some mental illnesses but I’m less open about that stuff. I really love the way diaper squeeze my hips. I’m not very aware of my body. If I close my eyes I don’t know where my limbs are. But being squeezed tight helps me feel where my body is. It really calms me down.
So its like a hug? Ok

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, PlastiBrain and BobbiSueEllen
PetahPetah said:
So its like a hug? Ok
As it is with PaddedCub, so it is with me. Have you ever heard of compression garments? Many people with autism wear them, it helps their sensory issues. In fact, my oldest granddaughter has & wears them as well. For Cub and myself, diapers give us a very similar effect: calming, soothing. And AB onesies help me, too.

Reactions: PaddedCub and PlastiBrain
Holding my bladder makes me panick and diapers give me the freedom to relieve myself where I need to.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, leakerABDL, PaddedCub and 2 others
DLJosie said:
Dont think im neuro divergent but i do have ptsd and scizophrenia though but ive been told there is under lying illnesses that could be on the spectrum of adhd xxx
With the way that PTSD essentially rewires the brain, I would argue it is at the very least adjacent to neurodivergence.

Reactions: babywolfboy, snugglyowl, DLJosie and 1 other person
PetahPetah said:
Sorry, whats neuro divergent? Something about brain
My understanding of neurodiversity is that neurodivergents are simply anyone who possesses a mental/psychological condition that is considered to be atypical of a cognitive function. So that can span across many, many different things. Autism is a common example, but if you have major depressive disorder, ADHD, schizophrenia - you are also neurodivergent.

For the longest time I didn't think this applied to me, but realized that being labelled "Gifted" is technically a form of neurodivergence, so I guess I'm included in this category.

For me, the two are definitely linked. My ABDL interests give me a way of slowing down and relaxing, which is needed because my brain tends to be in overdrive a lot of the time. I see this as preferable to consuming drugs or some intoxicant to achieve the same effect, so I'm thankful I've found this outlet.

• Love
Reactions: babywolfboy, DLJosie and BobbiSueEllen
Consul said:
My understanding of neurodiversity is that neurodivergents are simply anyone who possesses a mental/psychological condition that is considered to be atypical of a cognitive function. So that can span across many, many different things. Autism is a common example, but if you have major depressive disorder, ADHD, schizophrenia - you are also neurodivergent.

For the longest time I didn't think this applied to me, but realized that being labelled "Gifted" is technically a form of neurodivergence, so I guess I'm included in this category.

For me, the two are definitely linked. My ABDL interests give me a way of slowing down and relaxing, which is needed because my brain tends to be in overdrive a lot of the time. I see this as preferable to consuming drugs or some intoxicant to achieve the same effect, so I'm thankful I've found this outlet.
And don't forget dyslexia and Down Syndrome, too! There's a few others, too, can't quite recall 'em.

Im ADHD. . . Although didn't really know that until recently.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, BobbiSueEllen and Halibut
Consul said:

Thanks for explaining this i have scizophrenia so im neuro divergent i wasnt sure if i was or not its 💩having scizophrenia but the only way to deal with it is if i embrace it which i have done for years xxx

ADHD & possibly autistic. Diapers are my comfort item.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, Sidewinder and BobbiSueEllen
Spld (Specific learning difficulties), dyslexia and a medical condition that effects my higher processing function. For me being little is a chance to go back to a time when stuff was simple. I mean I’m not stupid or mentally handicapped (I have a Masters degree 📜) but most adult shows depress or bore me (not all I like dramas and the occasional documentary) I enjoy children’s films (massive Disney fan), tv shows and books more than adult stuff. I feel safe and secure in nappies and onesies in addition the lack of legs and long arms on onesies keep me nice and cool and if it’s cold I use a blanket and there is something about a hugging a stuffed toy which for me makes me feel better.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Kellycares
I'm diagnosed with ADHD, generalized anxiety, and have some PTSD junk. I'll go ahead and give the long answer to the question.

I've found diapers are something that has helped me cope in everyday life very well actually, and I've fallen into the habit of wearing them consistently for almost a year now. It's something that takes the edge off and acts as an emotional safety net. While it doesn't stop meltdowns, executive function paralysis, or any of the other stuff that comes along with the conditions, I've been way better at recovering when those things happen, and they impact my life far less than they used to. Diapers give me the emotional support I need to be proactive and reach out for help or communicate when things go wrong.

I've gone from college part-time with a job to full-time school with work and making the dean's list. Which, this is coming from someone who struggled to reach a 3.0 GPA in high school, and almost failed multiple classes. I still take medication, but having something I can wear that helps me to the degree it does has honestly changed my life for the better. I enjoy the routine/structure and comfort that I otherwise often struggle to give to or allow myself. Self-acceptance is rough sometimes, but I've always been far better for it.

I'd probably say wearing correlates with my mental health, but I know it isn't the cause, at least not exactly. (My past isn't something I normally share, but I'll put it in here since it's relevant) In my case, I was pretty consistently abused by teachers verbally and physically between the ages of 4-6. It was in large part due to undiagnosed conditions that made me act out in class because I didn't know how to communicate my feelings, remember things, make eye contact, handle overstim, or sit still and pay attention. To most, it just looked like I was being defiant when in reality I couldn't help it, nobody was helping, and I couldn't understand what was going on with me.

It was also the same time my interest in regression started up, after our family home caught fire and we had to move while it was being fixed. The abuse did get better once my mom stepped in at school, but being neurodivergent has always been something that has caused a lot of issues interacting with the world, not to mention the problems of being medicated from a very young age and always being perceived as having something wrong with me my whole childhood, that my existence was always wrong somehow. Most of the friends I've spoken with also talk about their interests starting around traumatic or stressful times in their lives and things stuck around since. It's always interesting to hear about other people's experiences. I hope sharing this can let others know they're not alone if they're facing anything similar.

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime and BobbiSueEllen
PetahPetah said:
Sorry, whats neuro divergent? Something about brain
Here is the best answer for your question.
**What is an example of a neurodivergent person?

1706648439825.jpeg
This term can be used to describe an individual whose brain functions differently to what we consider “typical”. This includes people with autism, ADHD, Tourette's, dyslexia and a range of other neurodiverse conditions.**

I have been told by my therapist that I am a neurodivergent. I have PTSD, ADHD, Anxiety, and recently diagnosed with DID (Dissasotiation Identity Dissorder).

Reactions: Azizi and BobbiSueEllen
LiddleBigBoy said:
ADHD & possibly autistic. Diapers are my comfort item.
Mine, too.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, Azizi, stewie and 1 other person
Everyone is weird, in their own way. Yes it can be lonely looking for a match! But, maybe not becessary to find exact same kind of weird. Look at tv show tge Good Doctor. Lea is not autistic, but shevand shawn balance each other.

Reactions: Sidewinder
I have cerebral palsy and i believe autism spectrum disorder, which contribute to some of my behaviors. I have taken multiple assessments that confirm my autism diagnosis. I wear diapers for medical reasons, which some people may find unusual if they do not understand disabilities or special needs. Some people, especially older generations, think disabilities are made up excuses or that assistive devices like wheelchairs are unnecessary. They may also wrongly assume people with disabilities or that wear diapers want to be infants again. However, the truth is that my disabilities are real medical conditions, and the diapers and other supports I use are needed accommodations, not a lifestyle choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Autistic and AdHD here.
I don't think there is much I can add that hasn't been stated here already.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Azizi
GabeG30 said:
I have cerebral palsy and i believe autism spectrum disorder, which contribute to some of my behaviors. I have taken multiple assessments that confirm my autism diagnosis. I wear diapers for medical reasons, which some people may find unusual if they do not understand disabilities or special needs. Some people, especially older generations, think disabilities are made up excuses or that assistive devices like wheelchairs are unnecessary. They may also wrongly assume people with disabilities or that wear diapers want to be infants again. However, the truth is that my disabilities are real medical conditions, and the diapers and other supports I use are needed accommodations, not a lifestyle choice.
I myself have both Cerebral Palsy and Autism.
I have no control whatsoever over #1 & #2 at my age of 65.

Reactions: GabeG30
I'm not autistic or anything like that but I've always been really eccentric and odd so I'd definitely consider myself neurodivergent. For me its about comfort. It feels good. I like using them because that feels good, though I only pee in them. I don't have a physical need for them but I do have a psychological need because it gives me a measure of security and it feels good on my butt

• Love
Reactions: stewie, Sidewinder and BobbiSueEllen
Back