Do you need a medical certificate to tell work you're incontinent and wear nappies?

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I'm not planning on doing this at this point in time but I figured if one day I wanted to wear 24/7 and they somehow caught me wearing at work that could be an issue. I'd doubt any workplace would 'let me wear nappies' during work hours unless I absolutely needed it. Meaning I'd have to stop or be fired. So I was thinking the 'I have urge incontinence' line of reasoning might work better if that comes up. However I wouldn't want to say that obviously if I had to provide a medical certificate saying I was (because clearly I wouldn't be).
Just wondering if anyone could share some light on this? Thanks.

What you want to wear as underwear is not their thing to determine unless it is drastically lowering your work performance just because you want to do it. If it's not affecting your work performance really, no one is going to question it, and if they do, they will just assume you're incontinent. Should you need to tell them, they're not going to think you're lying about being incontinent either. When I was working I wore printed and non printed (peekabu and megamax) diapers every day and nothing ever came up. A coworker did see it peek once, but nothing ever came of it.

• Love
Reactions: inthedark, checkingoutall, KrankyPants and 2 others
All I know for sure is in the US, I have NEVER heard of any issues at all just becase of that in any work place. Just do the job, don't dress outrageously (no visible onesie when a business suite is expected, ex.) all that sort of thing and no one really cares what you have on under your pants.

• Love
Reactions: checkingoutall, KrankyPants and LittleMissPink
Your underwear, is not any ones buisness but yours.

• Love
Reactions: BJsTyLeZ, checkingoutall, ronnieM and 3 others
in the States is covered under HIPA The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. In short.. Its non of their business.

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants, nwm and ThePaddedTurtle
I think it's one of those issues that is so awkward that most people would rather drop it. Not only is it socially awkward to challenge someone's potential disability (most people see that as seriously not cool), but you also run the risk of getting into HR / legal trouble for doing so.

I think most people would be like "Errr okay .... I gotta go do this thing," and make themselves scarce real quick. No one is going to think you're lying. Why would you lie about something like that?

Equally though, how comfortable are you with the morality of lying about something like this?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: checkingoutall and nwm
Littl3Luk3 said:
I think it's one of those issues that is so awkward that most people would rather drop it. Not only is it socially awkward to challenge someone's potential disability (most people see that as seriously not cool), but you also run the risk of getting into HR / legal trouble for doing so.

I think most people would be like "Errr okay .... I gotta go do this thing," and make themselves scarce real quick. No one is going to think you're lying. Why would you lie about something like that?

Equally though, how comfortable are you with the morality of lying about something like this?
I hope you're all right. The worst thing would be having to 'explain' my use to HR. Don't really know what the Australian laws are but I assume they would be similar.

jesus . Talking about making a mountain out of a mole hill. Morality about wearing a diaper.. Really. You wear for a medical reason. regardless. Its for an physical reason or a mental reason. Physical. the obvious Mental. for support, for stress relief, emotional reasons.. the list goes on. Its a friggen piece of plastic with absorbent. Thats all.. Quit looking so deep into it.. You dont need a prescription, It does not interfere with life in general. wear it or dont.... who cares.. <rant over>

I've held down jobs and internships while IC and wearing 24/7. I never found the need to tell them. If they figured out, I'd just say it was a medical thing. And end of story.

Reactions: Kayleigh, surprise35, DiaperDiva and 2 others
Most jobs shouldn't need to know what you use as underwear. so if you ever end up telling them, just say its for medical reasons.

The only time it would be an issue is if you were claiming your diapers on your company insurance then your would need a Doctors report snd then only HR and maybe your boss would know if your Ic issues required extended bathroom breaks for cleanup and changing.

I am a Bus Driver in MN. I started wearing daytime Just this year. I find sometimes Bathrooms are not easy to locate nor are breaks I can go Hours without getting out of the seat. now by law sure if I have to go. I could stop at any gas station or store on my route and go. I chose to start wearing instead. There were a few times before I started wearing I almost had an accident in the seat or I had a slight one. ever since I started wearing I have found I am way happier with my mood, I also cant tell when I need to go or stop myself from going. when I dont wear I can tell and usually have enough time. if I know I am not going to be near a restroom I just wear now. I only use them for # 1 Purpose. anyway when it comes time to go for my next DOT Physical I am unsure if I am going to wear (or have to at that point)

• Love
Reactions: checkingoutall and LittleMissPink
I doubt they will bother you at all unless workers complain about it to HR. They will usually avoid all the issues and hassles they can because all it does is make their job harder and medical issues can become a headache and possible borderline discrimination charges. Nah I highly doubt they will do anything regarding that unless it is hindering your ability to work then they will get you for something else just to avoid charges.

Reactions: LittleMissPink and nwm
BengieG said:
in the States is covered under HIPA The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. In short.. Its non of their business.
Don't be so sure of that, with current federal mandates, your health records can prevent you from working now. So it is such a strech from this vaxine to your medical undeware?

• Thinking
Reactions: checkingoutall and nwm
babyboy said:
Don't be so sure of that, with current federal mandates, your health records can prevent you from working now. So it is such a strech from this vaxine to your medical undeware?
I also should have noted, where I work you have to get the vax by the end of Oct or you will be fired, you have to provide proff of the vax or you will be fired. And this is from the federal mandate that all comapnys over 100 employees must require it. So if they can demand medical evidance on one item trust me they can demand it on other items.

babyboy said:
I also should have noted, where I work you have to get the vax by the end of Oct or you will be fired, you have to provide proof of the vax or you will be fired. And this is from the federal mandate that all companies over 100 employees must require it. So if they can demand medical evidence on one item trust me they can demand it on other items.

I share your concerns. I sometimes work with consumer data and with helping companies comply with data privacy laws. It's easy for a lawmaker to say that only authorized people will be able to see specific data, but in practice this is very difficult.

For an analogy, consider a business that asks for proof of age, like when buying alcohol. In the U.S., all they need to know is that you're at least 21 on that day. That's the law. But they'll look over or even scan your license so they know your name, address, date of birth, even whether you're an organ donor. None of this information was required by the law, but as a practical matter everyone has to reveal it.

Actually, in the US if you've not got a medical reason to wear diapers, you can be fired over it. Kinks are not Constitutionally protected.

If wearing protection doesn't get in the way of your work, and you're not imposing on others, than it's none of their business. If you are taking long, unscheduled breaks to change, that's not ok. If you're purposely wearing bulky diapers you don't need to show off, that's not ok.

I know this question is geared towards recreational/fetish wearing of diapers, there are many incontinent people who wear out of necessity, at work and everywhere else. I have never disclosed that I wear diapers or why at any workplace. If I were asked, I would tell them the truth.

• Love
Reactions: surprise35, checkingoutall, BobSmith and 2 others
In Europe, companies are not allowed to demand a written document you need diapers for medical reasons
I asked several doctors and they said it's none of their business.
If they do they're in violation of the privacy of the patient secrecy and your private life.
However..... the exception to the rule is that one guy in the UK that had to be so open at work he's abdl and wear printed diapers for fun. He got fired.
If he kept quiet about it there was no problem.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Back