Do you have any memories of being a baby or little child?

I do remember wearing diapers and rubber pants to the first grade because I was so slow to potty train and my mom had to talk with my teacher to let her know I was still in diapers and she would take me home during the lunch, change my diapers and take me back to school. We lived only a few doors from my school at the time. I was so proud when I stopped needing diaper during the day half way through first grade. I also remember my mom breastfeeding my little sister at that time as well.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
Fascinating thread! I would have thought I was the only one interested in this sort of subject.
Previously, I would have said that a memory I had of an incident at 18 months (circa 1959) as confirmed by my parents, would have been my earliest (a night spent in a hospital). But I do believe this one pre-dates it.
Objectively I would describe the memory this way: Of my mother lifting my little feet up in the air and wiping my bottom with a warm wash cloth. My recall is very clear.
This memory occurred before the formation of ego, so I remember it as the room, my mother, the wash cloth, etc. as being all-one-thing ("undifferentiated reality" if you are familiar with that term)...it was all part of myself (or I was part of it if you prefer). Amazing that I can even remember that.
BTW in those days it was all cloth & rubber pants, etc...

Reactions: tam1623
I have some memories, I think I was somewhere between 3 and 4 years old. Daddydoo's post reminded me of one. I am thinking I must not have been potty trained for very long at the time at that point, and apparently I was not wiping very well and often had poo streaks in my underwear so my dad pulled me off of the toilet after a BM and wiped my butt. I think after that I wiped better. I also remember my mom yelling at me and slapping my hand when they were trying to break me of thumb sucking. I remember I was given a bath and having some floating yellow duckies to play with, but got in trouble for something, I can't recall what I did.
There are a few others, but most are similar, I was getting in trouble for something.

I remember wearing my rubber aka gerber plastic pants at night. Throughout my childhood I always wanted to wear them again, but I also remember getting some infection in my thought. They had to cut a hole and put a tube, I woke up on them and pulled it out. I wet myself in kindergarten at some point too, I remember that clearly.

It’s funny how we all remember some things that happened to us at very early times in our lives.

My first memory of diapers was after being feed my mom grabbed my bottle took me to my crib and changed my diaper; which didn’t feel weird because thats the only way I was treated. The next time was when my mom was trying to potty train me I must have pooped my diaper and she had me sit on the potty before putting my diaper on; this I knew but didn’t care. The next time was when I was put back in diapers because I just didn’t realize I wet or messed my pants. This time I knew about diapers and under ware, we had company over and my mother washed the baby and me at the same time. My mom told me to get two diapers from the other room, I knew that she only needed one diaper for for the baby but didn’t know one was for me. While she got the baby diapered fed with a bottle her attention was directed toward me unfolded the second diaper and got a t-shirt and put me in it she then told me to get on the bed and had me lay down and proceeded to powder and diaper me I was crying and screaming about what she did to me. Now for the next step she put me in the outer end of the crib and gave me a bottle. This is when disposable diapers first came out no tapes but diaper pins through the t-shirt through the diaper and back through the shirt again. The next morning I woke up wet and crawled over the railing went out in the living room to play. I knew that I needed diapers even at that early age do to no control. This lasted until I was about four and a half years old. My mom asked me if she could diaper me again when I was five because we were going on vacation a long way from home. I allowed her to diaper me until we got back from the vacation. It wasn’t until I was about twenty eight that I started wearing diapers due to MS. All of this diapering except once was cloth diapers. I didn’t start using disposables until a few years latter. I for the most part wear cloth diapers except for the very absorbent disposables that I use at different times depending on where I was going.

My earliest memories are when I was about 2 years old. One in particular memory is playing with my mom outside the house, running between bushes and the house. No memory of being diapered there

The earliest memory I have is about 3.5 years old (1983), falling down a flight of stairs, and breaking my right leg and hip (yes, 3 year olds can break hips, not just 80 year old ladies). I distinctly remember holding my Darth Vader "action figure" (it's not doll!) and making the distinct breathing noises before the big tumble, and then screaming at the bottom of the stairs. Ok.... not the most pleasant memory, but none the less a memory. That little accident cost me an extra year of pre-school while I learned to walk properly again.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: dogboy
longallsboy said:
Did you ever wear T strap Mary Jane buckle shoes with your longalls when you were a little boy back when? Just wondering, because there seems to be a lot of little boys that wear T straps as accompanying shoes in regards to wearing longalls or jon jons. Ever wear bubbles or bobby suits (button on pants that button onto peter pan collar shirts) as a child?
I was always wearing Oxford-type shoes and white knee socks.
No bubbles, but I did wear bobby suits and rompers in addition to overalls, longalls, shortalls, and jonjons.

I remember

1. being changed at home and for some reason it hurt(maybe I had a rash?)
2. being potty trained
3. being told "woops we're out of diapers"
4. going to the beach and having my diaper fall off because it got soaked
5. doctor visits for kids under 4 meant diaper/undies only
6. crying in my crib wanting attention
7. being changed in many public bathrooms
8. crapping my pants right after potty training while at a Target
9. being uncomfortable in my car seat

My earliest memory I can place was when I was 16 months old. We had just got a family car for the first time so we went out to look at it as a family. It was a white car with a blue and red line running around the outside. I was in my mother's arms and I kept reaching out to run my fingers over the lines then pulling my hand back and giggling, before doing it again. When I was 10 I asked my mother about that car because I don't have any other memories of it. Apparently, the car was stolen less than a week after we got it and crashed just down the road.

The earliest memories I have is when I was 3-6 years old.
- Being carried up the stairs by somebody with a red stuffie.
- I used to have a big bear that I used to love playing with, it was about the size of the Tykables Ted E Bear.
- at a fairground i got a small green dog stuffed animal which I still have.
- riding my tricycle around the neighborhood park.
-I never slept during nap-time in daycare / pre k.
- When I was around 4 I remember trying to put on my little sisters diapers, my mom caught me shortly after. Idk why I wanted to wear them but it sparked the abdl side of me.
theres a couple of bad memories too but I rather not bring them up,

Hockeyczar said:
I have some memories, I think I was somewhere between 3 and 4 years old. Daddydoo's post reminded me of one. I am thinking I must not have been potty trained for very long at the time at that point, and apparently I was not wiping very well and often had poo streaks in my underwear so my dad pulled me off of the toilet after a BM and wiped my butt. I think after that I wiped better. I also remember my mom yelling at me and slapping my hand when they were trying to break me of thumb sucking. I remember I was given a bath and having some floating yellow duckies to play with, but got in trouble for something, I can't recall what I did.
There are a few others, but most are similar, I was getting in trouble for something.
I remember needing help with wiping. I would get done and said "mom I'm done come wipe me". I was probably 5 at the time

I'm not sure exactly how old I was (potty training age). I was running down the hallway toward the bathroom, I must have been wearing some kind of cloth training pants. I was trying to get to the bathroom, I stopped in the hallway and instead of peeing in my training pants, I pulled them down and peed on the carpet. Guess I wanted to keep my diaper dry.

Now a lot of times when I get up in the morning (in already wet diaper), I don't feel any need to pee until I am standing up so I start heading to the bathroom. Then I stop in the hallway and wet my diaper, doing that sort of reminds me of when I was a child. Guess I've gotten over keeping my diaper dry.

• Haha
Reactions: Lyric, DannyBBaby and DragonPrinceling
Oh boy I have quite a few memories from being a toddler and small child, here’s a few.

• My first memory was being in the stroller with my mum pushing me through a forrest on a sunny day and I remember looking up in the tree line and being fascinated by it.

• I remember being a 3 year old toddler in nursery when I was playing among the other toddlers and small kids, I think I pooped myself and one of the kids noticed and yelled to the caretaker that I pooped my diaper. I was then picked up and taken to the changing table and I remember the caretaker grabbing a diaper from a shelf of them stacked and then wrapping it around my bum. I even remember the prints on it, I think it was a pampers diaper with clouds and a cherry.

• There’s also this memory of me peeing on the carpet in the nursery and getting into trouble for it.

• I remember being haunted by a shadow figure every night from age 2/3 until age 5. If you want more info on this, then ask me in the replies. It’s a massive can of worms.

• I have a memory of a song from Micky Mouse Clubhouse and it goes like this. “Red, orange, yellow. Green, Blue, Purple!”

• I remember very clearly of this one night that sparked my love for diapers that happened at age 4, but I already explained in another thread so here’s the link.

• A couple of memories from my time in New Zealand, with one of them of me peeing on an electric fence and another of me drinking from a barrel of beer at a wedding…

Those are some of the memories I want to tell for now, I’ll probably post more here when I want to.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EternalBaby94, JaysonTheRegressor and Jim100
My mother denies this but I remember distinctively coming home from kindergarten and drinking a bottle of chocolate milk while watching a Dinosuar show . Barney or something . I loved it .

Reactions: longallsboy, Jim100 and PaddedMewtwo
Babydiaperedgirl said:
My mother denies this but I remember distinctively coming home from kindergarten and drinking a bottle of chocolate milk while watching a Dinosuar show . Barney or something . I loved it .
As they age and get older, your parents will remember less and less about when you were a child. I have a very good memory in certain areas because I have Autism (which of has mostly been a thorn in my side, as being Autistic in itself already leads to being bullied), and I remember a lot of things from even preschool years or kindergarten. But my mom who is in her 70s, not really that well anymore. My brother who isn't Autistic (40 years old) and is married with a wife and two boys has said to my mom "do you remember this from when I was a child?" and my mom doesn't remember. I've found this to be true of other people's parents as well. For instance, I went to kindergarten in 1981 to 1982 (I'm 45 years old), and one of my best friends I met in kindergarten who is my age (45), wore these light brown (more like burnt orange) T strap Mary Janes when we were both in kindergarten. I remember clearly, but my friend's mom does not remember and those were shoes she bought herself for my friend in 1981! I remember what I wore too as a 3 year old in 1979 as well. I also have old photos. I remember these unicolor burnt orange saddle like tie lace oxfords made by Jumping Jacks Children's Shoes I wore. I have photos to prove it. The thing is, I more vividly remember the shoes (from when I wore them) and pushing my shoes kicking the back of the front seat of our 4 door Ford Fairmont. There are no photos of me doing this, but I vividly remember. My mom doesn't!! I remember the leather creasing too as I kicked the back of the front seat while sitting in back. But remembering what the shoes looked like was much more vivid when I was 6, then when I was, say 22. I guess because at age 6, I hadn't worn the shoes that long before (2 1/2 years prior). I remember these yellow overalls I wore too as a 3 year old. I tend to remember things for a long, long time. Some people with disabilities can have a long memory too. I know this 57 year old lady who has an intellectual disability. Maybe she's like a 10 year old intellectually. The thing though, is, if you don't talk to her for 4 years, she'll pick up from where she left off the last time she talked to you. Her mom and her now deceased dad always told me her memory was incredible. They couldn't even remember that well...🤣

You mentioned about watching Barney. Haha. My mom was fondly remembering I used to love Barney the dinosaur about a year or two ago. The thing about me though, is, I was already in senior year in high school when Barney came out. It was no secret at my high school that I loved Barney, either. Although I was bullied most of my life, I was not in my junior and senior years in high school. In fact, I was well respected and no one even made fun of the fact I loved Barney. I was a student body rep for 2 years (there were maybe 35 reps out of a high school with a little over 900 students), a Homecoming Prince in 12th grade, the school's weatherman, and the year I graduated, I won a most valuable student award. Only 9 or 10 students out of 900+ got that honor. So no one ever bullied me about liking Barney. I watched Barney when I was in community college and university too. And then came Wimzie's House, Arthur, and Teletubbies. I was a big Teletubbies fan in university in 1998 to 2000. I must have watched every Teletubbies episode at one point. I have several Teletubbies backpacks (some of which were only available in the UK or in Australia or New Zealand). I was also a big Maurice Sendak's Little Bear cartoon fan (the one that was shown on Nickelodeon). Pink Panther and Care Bears too. My point is, my mom did remember that I loved Barney. It's interesting that she has fond memories of me liking Barney at age 17 to 21, because that's not usually an age where parents have a fond memory of their child liking Barney. Most parents might remember their child liking Barney at age 4 or 6 or 8, not age 17. But also remember I have Classic Autism and I'm quite developmentally disabled and that even now, emotionally and socially, I am like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. (Actually it isn't unusual for autistic college graduates to be emotionally and socially like 7 to 11 year olds, by the way). Of course, emotional and social age isn't the same as academic ability. So a lot of Autistic adults go to college. My mom is also strange because she has conflicting feelings about me being like a child. I'm not even technically an adult baby as I don't wear diapers (and probably don't qualify). On one hand, she seems to like this perpetual childhood in one way. On the other hand, she thinks it would be embarassing to be seen with me if I wear longalls (a outfit I absolutely adore that are like dressy overalls that little boys wear in the Deep South like Alabama and Georgia and South Carolina) with T strap shoes. I also now have a bowl haircut. I originally did that for Halloween in 2019 via a children's hairdresser. But because of COVID, now my mom cuts my hair. And all she knows how to cut is ...a bowl haircut. I have read bowl haircuts are coming back into fashion with a vengeance. Maybe because of COVID and people have to get their haircuts at home now? LOL. 🤣🤣

I absolutely love long-alls, jon jons, and love T strap shoes. ❤️❤️💜 Not easy to find t strap shoes made by a children's shoe company in my size though (I wear a size 9 men's / 42 European). There are some companies that make T strap shoes for children, in Spain, and Start Rite of England used to make T strap shoes for older boys up to my shoe size back in the 1980s and 1990s. Not anymore though, sadly.

Have a good day.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: AJFan2020 and PaddedMewtwo
I have memory starting from shortly before preschool and more calendar type memories starting in 1st grade. It's very confusing to meet people who can't remember even what they did the week before last, nevermind what they did ten or fifteen years ago. My earliest memory is probably falling down the stairs at around 30 months old, pretty munch the story of my life.

• Haha
Reactions: longallsboy and PaddedMewtwo
I can remember going to nursery school, I can picture the building right now in fact, and I remember getting snacks and stuff. They had these multi-colored yogurt raisins I remember really liking.

I do also remember getting a messy diaper changed as well as wetting my diaper too before I finally potty trained.

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo
I don't remember ever wearing diapers. But I do I remember my little sister getting potty trained (she was 2, I was 6) and being read a potty book. That's when I realized I wanted to wear diapers. I also remember seeing advertisements for pull ups, where the child actors looked older than toddlers. That got me thinking. "Maybe diapers/pull ups can be worn and used by big kids like me who can form full sentences, not just babies". Then I noticed (after my sister was potty trained but still bedwetting) a package of disposable night diapers. Those really fascinated me. I remember getting up in the middle of the night, getting out of bed and just staring at them. It had a picture of a girl who looked older, like my age, wearing a diaper. Whenever I saw the cartoon designs on pull ups I thought, "I like this or that Disney show, doesn't seem babyish to me".

My cousin has cerebral palsey and when I was 7, 8, 9, I would visit her family's house. Whenever I was there, I was so jealous to see the pull ups package.

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo
Back