Travel restrictions

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
If I were to purchase diapers at a physical store and transport them in my luggage… can it be done with checked bags/ carry on. I don’t want to draw attention to what’s inside my bag. From your experience, can you bring a full pack, sample pack etc…. I take it diapers are just another form of clothing???

Reactions: Wetshisbed
Yes. Diapers should not be an issue at all and I almost always travel with a suitcase full of diapers.

Yes, of course. Why wouldn't you be able to?

Just checking since while going through security , if it’s wet , the machine will see that

I've travelled to and from the states with nappies in my checked luggage and carry on without any problems.

Diapers, are just another type of underwear.

Reactions: chamberpot
wearing said:
Diapers, are just another type of underwear.
Oh yes ...my type of underwear....and I have flown diapered and with a change in my carry on no questions asked

Last edited:
I always travel with a suitcase devoted to my diapers, domestic and international. Sometimes I see that TSA or Customs has inspected the bag. Who really cares?

But, I do recommend a change just before security if you’re wet. A wet diaper does set off the full body scanner. And, be honest if the screener asks if you have any paper products in your pockets. Apparently some scanners pick that up.

I carry diapers in my carry on all the time. I’ve had security in other countries paw their way through the bag but it’s never a problem. Most people wouldn’t even know what a folded adult diaper looks like.

Traveling with diapers is not an issue customs and security see them on a daily baises, for you carry on place each diaper in a clear ziplock bag to protect the diaper and keep it clean when your bag is inspected. Most airlines will let you take an extra bag onboard for free for medical supplies you just have to let them know and they will tag it. or if you are staying at s hotel or friends place when you arrive why not drop ship a case ahead of time so your diapers are onsite when you arrive most hotels offer this service for registered guests.

Diapers are not an issue. But full size baby powder is a no no. Will get a bag search most times.

The FDA classifies adult incontinence products (diapers,pull ups, pads, and associated wipes, ointments, creams, powders) as a class 1 medical devices, you can look up FDA regulation number 876.5920 to confirm, I believe it’s coded as EQY.

Almost all continental flights will allow you a free medical carryon bag that will not count against your personal baggage allowance (most offer one carry on bag plus a personal item such as a backpack, purse, laptop bag). It varies for international flights sometimes there could be a smaller fee for a medical carryon vs. a standard additional carryon but that’s just from my experience.

Your free medical bag can only contain your incontinence supplies, do not pack anything else within that bag or it can be refused at the gate by the boarding agent, they can request to see the contents of the bag and might cause an awkward situation if you don’t want to be outed in front of everyone on the flight… I have found that a bag that’s about 1/2 to 2/3rds the size of the allotted carry on size works best and doesn’t attract to much attention by the boarding agents and I can typically fit 10-12 briefs, 4-6 pull-ups, 4-6 booster pads, 2 pairs of plastic pants, 2 onesies, wipes, small travel sizes powder, rash cream/ barrier ointment. I have found it easier to pack a minimum of 14 quality diapers/pull-ups in the free medical bag and try to pre ship additional supplies to the hotel/resort or to buy in person once arrived to the final destination (Amazon has drop boxes/hubs all over and the will hold items 2-7 days depending on the area if your embarrassed to buy at a retail location). This free medical bag is not required to have a medical supplies ID tag on it.

Things to note, TSA will screen all bags, they might search your medical bag if it has any anomalies, especially if you have large quantities of wipes, powder, creams/ointments, or oils. These are allowed and are not included in the 3-1-1 rule, I would recommend to try and change or to remove any diaper/pull up/pad before you go through the x ray to avoid any unpleasant pat downs then find a rest room to change immediately. Just remember to stay cool, calm, and collected while dealing with TSA agents and the boarding gate agents, they see thousands of people everyday and the honestly could care less about seeing your diapers, they see 40+ people each day with them and they’ve seen far more interesting things in the screening process, what they do remember is rude people who cause large scenes. In the off chance you are questioned say the FDA classifies adult incontinence supplies as a class 1 medical device according to regulation number 876.5920 (they will most likely not have any further questions) if they continue to question you tell them that your incontinent and that you need those products to maintain your health and personal dignity, if they continue to press for more information they’ll them your medical conditions are private and are on a need to know basis with only your doctors.

Reactions: WillFord384
Back