Advice

Pika123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Basically I have come down with a stomach bug and have had a few accidents (luckily wearing a diaper). I lay down for a while and a few hours later my partner woke me up as I had had an accident. I was a little shocked but I hope it’s because my body knows that I have protection on and not something more serious. I am in bed now and am really worried that I will wake up messy again and will leak or get a bad diaper rash, any advice? Tempted to go double diapered but not sure.

I would make sure you use something to protect your skin before you diaper up

And hopefully when you recover you wont keep having accidents, but if you need to see a doctor you need to see a doctor.

Double diapering won't help for fecal accidents, if anything it'll make it worse as it'll compress the inner diaper and leave less space for the fecal matter. If you have plastic/PUL pants though, now would be the time to use them. Most premium brands with high leak guards will contain a mess pretty well though so I wouldn't be too worried as long as you're wearing one of those. Depending on your skin you may get a diaper rash if you don't use a barrier cream, but for me I've never had to. Even if you do, it's not the end of the world and with the proper ointments will heal up fast

Reactions: ZoeGrace
BabyTyrant said:
I would make sure you use something to protect your skin before you diaper up.

And hopefully when you recover you wont keep having accidents, but if you need to see a doctor you need to see a doctor.

Yeah if this continues afterwards seeing a doctor is first on my list

Topex said:
Double diapering won't help for fecal accidents, if anything it'll make it worse as it'll compress the inner diaper and leave less space for the fecal matter. If you have plastic/PUL pants though, now would be the time to use them. Most premium brands with high leak guards will contain a mess pretty well though so I wouldn't be too worried as long as you're wearing one of those. Depending on your skin you may get a diaper rash if you don't use a barrier cream, but for me I've never had to. Even if you do, it's not the end of the world and with the proper ointments will heal up fast

Thanks for the tips :) I do have PUL pants so I will put those on and I have some barrier cream already. As you say even if it does happen it will hopefully heal overtime

Last edited:
Have you tried taking some Imodium? It always works for me.

I second what dogboy said about imodium. I posted here a couple months ago, I had the stomach flu too! Felt so comfy in my diaper and very strangely I tooted while my diaper was on and I made a small mess totally by accident, I’ve never had that happen, thank god I had a diaper on.

Anyways my stomach bug didn’t go away after like 7 days, I took Imodium one time and it instantly stopped my issue.

dogboy said:
Have you tried taking some Imodium? It always works for me.

I’ve taken something similar so I hope that works fast :)

Just a quick update in case anyone was wondering.

Woke up about an hour ago with a full diaper (not surprised) and the PUL pants seem to have done their job well. I only have a small rash so I probably messed about 2hrs before I woke up. Thanks to everyone for the advice, it’s kind of slowing down but I think it will take a day or two. Now I just need to make it through the night 😬 but thats a while away so hopefully it slows down before then :)

Back