Anybody here strictly use baby diapers and goodnights for booster?

theancientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you know how much baby diapers swell when they're full? It's ridiculous how little adult diapers swell compared to baby ones. I lay 2 inside my main diaper and apply baby powder. Makes it last so much longer, and the swelling is fantastic! Anyone else do this too?

Yeah, I buy baby diapers of all sorts to use as stuffers. I LOVE the feeling, and they are much more absorbent than adult diaper boosters you seem to be able to buy on the market, IME.

Which ones do you buy?

WABX said:
Which ones do you buy?
I don't remember. They were size 6's from CVS.i just rip the sides off so there's nothing left but the pad.

bambinobaby said:
Yeah, I buy baby diapers of all sorts to use as stuffers. I LOVE the feeling, and they are much more absorbent than adult diaper boosters you seem to be able to buy on the market, IME.
And they're probably cheaper too 😎

I've used Goodnites under my cloth diaper and plastic pants when I was sleeping. It helped keep the pee smell down, something my wife appreciated.

I do this all the time. Like noted, they swell up amazingly, and absorb a huge amount. I love the feeling! I use Pampers size 6.

The GoodNites booster pads for the GoodNites underwear work amazing

I used to buy booster pads from Babies R Us, and when they went out of business, looked far and wide for a similar product at a similar price but found nothing. Everything was about 2x the cost and up. I then decided to try a Wal-Mart size 5 diaper in my Tranquility ATN's and haven't looked back. I also put double-sided tape on the back. It does take time to prep them, but I typically do 6-8 at a time, which lasts a few days. The only other downside is when I cut the side too close and some of the gel beads fall out. I wish somebody would pick up where Babies R Us left off...

I used to use Goodnites (both styles) as booster for a while when I could get them at .25 each on sale.

Eventually I ran out, so now I use either Dollar General Sleep Pants (like their version of Goodnites, but cheaper and very absorbent as a booster) or some type of Baby Diaper

I recently got an old pack of size 6 Baby Dry, and the old Baby Drys I have from 2013 are feel like Double what the ones from 2018 are in terms absorbency and swell factor; whereas the newer ones hold form better due to those 3 Tubes in the design but just dont absorb that great in total.

The trick if you wanna find some of the older Pampers and any other Brands is to check places that likely sell less Diapers due to slightly higher cost

An extra $2 per pack on the shelf (such as at a Pharmacy or any more expensive store, rather than a discount store) means they likely will have old packs still unsold and they have Copyright dates that say what year the Diapers were made in

I was thinking about getting some size 3's or 4's for additional padding, rather then cut slits into the diaper I can just position the smaller baby diaper so when it gets full it will just leak from the rear waist band into the larger ab diaper. Does any one do it like this? If so what size do you use?

I've got a pack of Goodnites and Crinklz, you just gave me an idea lol I like swelling

Reactions: theancientmariner
I use huggies overnights as booster pads in my adult diapers

I used to use pampers as booster but now I think they changed the absorbing material, when its wet it turns into small balls that just escape out. Now I use another brand called canbebe, these swell up more than the pampers and are incredbly soft, its amazing

I do use baby diapers size 6, when I am travelling and cloth diapers cannot be used. And yes, it's amazing how much a size 6 baby diaper is able to absorb.

Luvs size 6 as boosters all the time, the "ultra leak guards" version was the best as the backing can be pealed off leaving the SAP sealed in a fluid permeable package.

I like to use Huggies size 3. I slit the back a few times with a knife, then use the tapes on the Huggies to mount it within the adult diaper. I prefer Huggies to Pampers since the Huggies are more discrete smell-wise. Size 3 also fit very well between leg guards, and you get more per package. For me Huggies size 3 are the best value and feel, compared to larger or smaller baby diapers.

I have some pampers baby dry size 6 I'll squeeze into on occasion, or use convert ups, but I've considered using them as boosters in my Goodnites. How do you get a booster to stay in place, or do they really shift around?

FudgedInLuvs said:
I have some pampers baby dry size 6 I'll squeeze into on occasion, or use convert ups, but I've considered using them as boosters in my Goodnites. How do you get a booster to stay in place, or do they really shift around?
They don't shift around. Any booster will stay in place throughout the night, trust me, I just used one... unless your nother regions is full of lubricant and.... you know what? No lol there's no way you can make a booster of any sort move around, unless you pull it from the front or back.

Last edited:
the premium "overnight" infant diapers can swell to some shocking proportions. On a lark I bought a box of Huggies overnights, and put one of them under the faucet. The crotch ended up just as thick as it was wide! Obviously if your kid's wetting that much it's going to leak, but at least it's going to get a lot of it!

Back