PC or PS4 or Xbox?

BabyTyrant said:
They have a Budget Model in the works, though IDK what you will have to sacrifice (since they havent announced the full details) compared to the regular Switch at $300+ Tax retail

Yep, I'm waiting to find out more about that after missing some good deals late last year.

I own both, simply because my friends play on both

The Glorious PC Master Race 4 Life!

Reactions: LeakingOut
BabyTyrant said:
whether people want to admit it or not, PS4 has a lot of Amazing exclusives, they may not be everyone's "Cup of Tea" but people should at least try a game before they condemn it for being something they don't like

I understand.. When War Thunder dropped on PS4, I bought a brand new system. But Making friends on the PS4 wasn't easy, the setup on the ps4 was different to Me. Being an Xbox Gamer it was different and took two years or so get used to it. I'm on my xbox more than ever, the ps4 is down stairs being used a Blu-ray player on my 68 in flat screen and speakers in the ceiling and walls. But if yall need or want another friend on xbox, send me a message..

TexasToast11 said:
I understand.. When War Thunder dropped on PS4, I bought a brand new system. But Making friends on the PS4 wasn't easy, the setup on the ps4 was different to Me. Being an Xbox Gamer it was different and took two years or so get used to it. I'm on my xbox more than ever, the ps4 is down stairs being used a Blu-ray player on my 68 in flat screen and speakers in the ceiling and walls. But if yall need or want another friend on xbox, send me a message..

Well maybe you would like some of the PS4 games that have came out since that game that you mentioned; just when you think you have met the best game in a while, other amazing games are coming out, like I'm sure most people that previously hated God of War might actually like the newest one (it is quite a bit different from the earlier Main Trilogy)

Also Horizon Zero Dawn; Nier Automata and quite a few more.

I mean it isn't like there is a singular "PlayStation Style" of game like there is no variety; because it has all the game variety Xbox has (minus like a half dozen games anyone may care about; which are arguably quite weaker than anything exclusive that Sony has).

I know people have different tastes but I'm not talking about tastes; I'm talking about Quality

You can hate something; and yet find something redeeming in its quality

I'm seeing ads for Borderlands 3! 😎

Anyone following the Leaks about the Specs and Pricing of the next Xbox and PS5?

It seems like Xbox is going to focus on Cloud Gaming, meanwhile Sony is supposed to focus on VR

The PS5 is supposedly gonna have a SSD Hard Drive, Ray Tracing, 14 Teraflops of Power, and allegedly

24 GB GDDR6 RAM and 4 GB DDR4 for the operating system and 2TB of hard drive storage.

Price is supposedly gonna be around $399-$499 and may include a VR Device bundled with it at launch (I would guess they will bundle the old PSVR while starting to make and selling a more expensive updated VR Headset) and the controller is supposed to include some sort of a Camera for VR purposes.

The more expensive Xbox codenamed "Anaconda" is supposed to be even more powerful than the base PS5 is gonna be; this makes sense but at the same time that would be pretty impressive and probably crazy expensive.

They will also be making a push for 8K compatibility; which makes sense but personally I think 4K is plenty realistic, a better approach would be to focus on performance more than Graphics at this point.

Not to mention 8K TVs are slowly emerging into the market and are crazy expensive right now (you can spend $8500 on a top of the line Samsung 8K Smart TV, so for me 8K is a hard pass for probably 4 or 5 years (when no doubt they will try to get people to buy something even more unnecessary for a huge cost)

Last edited:
No offense but I really think consoles should be focusing less on 4k and more on game performance. That special eye candy means nothing when not many people even have 4k displays to begin with. 144hz is a better tradeoff IMO, but the companies can't sell that as a positive really cause most tvs probably don't even go over 60hz, nor can they easily show the benefits on camera. Even on pc 1080 is still the primary display.

Also this debate is sorta bogus. Why don't we focus on us all being able to play the same games together? I really don't care what you pick to play on, that is just a petty arguement that proves nothing.

Last edited:
kratox said:
No offense but I really think consoles should be focusing less on 4k and more on game performance. That special eye candy means nothing when not many people even have 4k displays to begin with. 144hz is a better tradeoff IMO, but the companies can't sell that as a positive really cause most tvs probably don't even go over 60hz, nor can they easily show the benefits on camera. Even on pc 1080 is still the primary display.

Also this debate is sorta bogus. Why don't we focus on us all being able to play the same games together? I really don't care what you pick to play on, that is just a petty arguement that proves nothing.

True, they should just make cross play on all systems (which Microsoft has started doing but I think Nintendo and Sony either havent done it yet or dont want to)

And they already have been focusing on 4K, but the next generation of systems is set to go up to 8K because that's where TVs are going next.

Currently 4K is an easier sell than higher Frame Rate because 4K TVs are becoming really cheap (there are many you can buy in sizes up to 65-70 inches for under $1000 at retail, something you wouldn't have seen on a 42 inch 1080P LCD "Dumb TV" a little over decade ago) as 1080P will eventually be phased out of favor.

8K will become the "IT" resolution and replace 4k as Top Dog, and then 4K sets will become even cheaper than they already are

Last edited:
I have an early PS4 and an Xbox One X, and I enjoy both for different reasons. I've been a loyal PS user since the first PlayStation and there are a few games I've followed that are exclusives: Gran Turismo (Though I hate the new one), and God of War namely. Plus my younger brother, who lives in Lousiana, refuses to use an Xbox and it's the only way I can give him crap. I have an Xbox because most of my friends are on it, has 4K, and I like the feel of my elite controller a lot more than the PlayStation's DualShock 4.

Despite having both of these, I've developed an interest in joining the PC Master Race within the past few years and finally started buying components last month. I don't want to build anything crazy, just stable and upgradable.

Last edited:
Xbox here

I personally like all 3 in no particular order. PC, PS4, and XBOX1.

You left out stadia if it is even half of what Google claims it will eclipse all.

TexasToast11 said:
When War Thunder dropped on PS4, I bought a brand new system. But Making friends on the PS4 wasn't easy...
I know it's not the same, but I play World Of Tanks on Xbox. If you play that we could link up some time. I adore War Thunder but it was TERRIBLY ported to the console, it was given NO consideration or attention. The complexity of controls and massive variety available means that you are always at a massive disadvantage to PC players. And given that they play together...I hated it. And forget flying, it just doesn't work as they ported it, I always feel like I'm driving through the air.

GT for xbox one - MIsterTexToast

I love my Xbox One but Microsoft really dropped the ball on exclusives this generation. I bought a PS4 a month or so back and have been playing Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Takashi said:
I love my Xbox One but Microsoft really dropped the ball on exclusives this generation. I bought a PS4 a month or so back and have been playing Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn.

They really did drop the ball on exclusives; ever since I heard they wanted to make the system do everything well (so can the PS4, so that isnt really to their advantage) instead of having a great list of games I knew they would drop the ball

OTOH though these days it seems more games are coming out that are on Multiple Platforms, if not on every platform

That's probably why they still sold so well

BabyTyrant said:
True, they should just make cross play on all systems (which Microsoft has started doing but I think Nintendo and Sony either havent done it yet or dont want to)

And they already have been focusing on 4K, but the next generation of systems is set to go up to 8K because that's where TVs are going next.

Currently 4K is an easier sell than higher Frame Rate because 4K TVs are becoming really cheap (there are many you can buy in sizes up to 65-70 inches for under $1000 at retail, something you wouldn't have seen on a 42 inch 1080P LCD "Dumb TV" a little over decade ago) as 1080P will eventually be phased out of favor.

8K will become the "IT" resolution and replace 4k as Top Dog, and then 4K sets will become even cheaper than they already are

Consoles shouldn't be focused on 4k and 8k. Pc barely touches 4k imo because you are basically running games at 4k 60 fps and you lose the quality of higher refresh rates.

If pc isn't there fully yet, console do not have a chance at reaching those resolutions with stable framerates. They don't even use true native res in all titles because they will upscale resolutions to be the current one you have, causing a blurry effect on the screen. AKA fake resolution.

Also im sorry but tvs are a rip in some aspects of specs. You save money buying a 1ms 1080 144hz monitor instead. There is no point in buying a tv that has higher refresh than like 60 or 4k when most content either doesn't stream above 24fps or its all in 1080. A lot of media is stuck in the past, and until they stop trying to be cheap and record stuff at higher frames and better res it won't matter that much.

The new ones are going to be running on navi from AMD and zen, so they will get a decent buff, but not to the point where they still won't be held behind. Companies have to look at cost. It is getting close tot he point where you might as well buy a pc because you are not only gonna be sending more moeny than before, but you are forced to buy online subscriptions that end up making you waste money.

kratox said:
Consoles shouldn't be focused on 4k and 8k. Pc barely touches 4k imo because you are basically running games at 4k 60 fps and you lose the quality of higher refresh rates.

If pc isn't there fully yet, console do not have a chance at reaching those resolutions with stable framerates. They don't even use true native res in all titles because they will upscale resolutions to be the current one you have, causing a blurry effect on the screen. AKA fake resolution.

Also im sorry but tvs are a rip in some aspects of specs. You save money buying a 1ms 1080 144hz monitor instead. There is no point in buying a tv that has higher refresh than like 60 or 4k when most content either doesn't stream above 24fps or its all in 1080. A lot of media is stuck in the past, and until they stop trying to be cheap and record stuff at higher frames and better res it won't matter that much.

The new ones are going to be running on navi from AMD and zen, so they will get a decent buff, but not to the point where they still won't be held behind. Companies have to look at cost. It is getting close tot he point where you might as well buy a pc because you are not only gonna be sending more moeny than before, but you are forced to buy online subscriptions that end up making you waste money.

Except they already have 4K and it looks fantastic, and they are going to push for 8K as the next wave of Resolution

I honestly don't see the need for 8K and would enjoy the system just for being a noticeable jump over the Ps4 and PS4 Pro

Back