Orion Nebula.
Moonshot

Orion Nebula.

Reactions: Wetbabygirl314 and ade
Heat picture. I love this nebula and showed it to people often. What is your interest in astronomy? I got interested in it in Jr. High (,that's what middle school was called then) I started an astronomy club. We met st night and our instructor was a veteran of Bataan. He chose not to surrender, instead he crossed the country and eventually was picked up by a submarine on the coast. He had a horrible time and I think it took him a year to make it(not traveling the whole time). He eventually contracted Berry Berry and ended up legally blind. He was an amazing man. Quiet, and unassuming, never talked about his adventure. He nearly diefseveral times in the jungle but likely had it better than those who were in the Desth March. THANK FOR SHARING the picture!

All I can say is I have an interest in astronomy. I am not that knowledgeable but I do have books to refer to. I also have an interest in photography. This shot is a crop of a shot I took with a Canon 70D, Sigma 150-500mm full frame lens at 500mm with a 2X extender. With the crop sensor factor at 1.6 the lens is approximately equal to 1600mm. The camera setting were F-stop 13, shutter speed 1 second, and ISO 12,800. At 1 second the shot is blurred as "tracking" occurs and ISO 12,800 makes for a grainy photo. That all aside, it I use the multiplier on my viewfinder which goes to 10X and my camera makes not a bad amateur telescope. Sadly what I can see with my eyes does not make a good photo.

Layered shots from a CCD camera and a tracking telescope would make for a better photo.

Your instructor's life experience is certainly something many would not understand in this age. The older generation live through some very difficult times and some lived to tell about it, many did not. I worked with some of the people who fought in Vietnam. That was no picnic either.

Reactions: Wetbabygirl314

Media information

Album
My photos.
Added by
Moonshot
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata