Proposal: An ABDL symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrPurple said:
ABDL is a fetish, it’s not the same as being gay or having gender dysphoria. It doesn’t matter if it is sexual or not. It is a fetish.
So that means you keep it “in the bedroom” or an appropriate space. You do not go on an exhibition spree with it.
You are entitled to make your own decisions about what you wear. Other ABDLs are entitled to make their own decisions about what they wear.

There is a history of people using clothing and accessories to signal sexual interests (not just sexual orientation) without being sexually explicit. Usually there is plausible deniability. If a man went out in the Castro or Greenwich Village in the 1970s with a yellow handkerchief in his right back pocket, he was probably signaling a very specific interest. But sometimes a handkerchief is just a handkerchief.

If a symbol becomes known as an ABDL symbol, wearing it in public brings some risk of being recognized as ABDL by people who aren't part of our community. Personally, I don't want to risk identifying myself as ABDL to random people on the street (though I am quite comfortable identifying myself as ABDL to people in kink-oriented spaces that are not specifically for ABDLs, e.g. leather bars). Other people have different attitudes toward their own privacy, and that's okay.

Reactions: Traveller and Seasonedcitizen
Budunker said:
You raise a good point. However, sitting back forever will constantly put us in a place of disdain in the public eye. Other fetish communities don’t hide for fear of having of their lives ruined. In my opinion it is inevitable that the ABDL community will gain more public attention as time goes on either way.
No fetish community should be forcing its self on the public.

Reactions: Traveller, blaincorrous and Seasonedcitizen
We could have a handshake and phrase to recognize each other in the dark as well as in the light. Asking if someone was “padded” might be a problem if you are talking to a woman and she thinks you are asking if she wears falsies. (A joke)

Reactions: Traveller
There's quite a few "unofficial" symbols out there already. Ive heard of the safety pin, I've seen the ABDL pride flag, there's also the "revol repaid" ("diaper lover" backwards) shirts too.

I actually have an ABU sticker on my water bottle for work and my camera lens hood. Nobody's ever asked me about it, honestly.

Budunker said:
You raise a good point. However, sitting back forever will constantly put us in a place of disdain in the public eye. Other fetish communities don’t hide for fear of having of their lives ruined. In my opinion it is inevitable that the ABDL community will gain more public attention as time goes on either way.
What does sitting back have anything to do with being public ally recognized as having an abdl fetish? I don’t mean this as an offense but there really is no purpose of having a symbol for something people do in their bedroom. Why would you want anyone to know you’re abdl outside? What happens when you get noticed? All things you should consider first

Reactions: dous
Hmmm, I think I recognize a negative feedback loop here. The longer we stay in the closet, the longer it will take for people to gain knowledge of the harmless reality of most ABDL persons. The longer the general population remains ignorant the longer it will take for progress to commence. The longer progress is impeded the longer it will take for the medical community to take the subject seriously.

So if the unreasoned negative opinions held by lay people feel comfortable then just do nothing and everything will stay the same.

I like the idea of it being something less noticeable, like shoelaces. I doubt I would ever wear them, however, outside the house. I also don't like wearing shoes, much less inside the house, so that pretty much excludes me.

One exception would be if I had a Caretaker and she wanted me to wear them around the house. Possibly, I could wear them in the car but not once I arrive at the destination. AB/DL is already expensive and I'm already on the frugal side, so I'm probably still excluded. Unless, that is, she buys them for me.

Another exception would be if she were the one having me as a Caregiver but (otherwise) with the same circumstances.

I do think that we could come up with a symbol that isn't exclusive to AB/DL but has a significant amount of overlap with it. I might be able to wear something that overlaps with Littlespace but doesn't clearly identify me as a Little. Not even all Littles are ABs.

Yeah, maybe this thread wasn't intended for me but I just don't really have any interest in mainstreaming this. Would I like to meet a caregiver or AB/DL? Yeah. Do I want to shove this in the face of someone uninvolved with it? No. Honestly, that would be rude. If you can't help yourself, at least keep it something low-key; something that they might not even notice and/or are likely to forget about, would be a lot better than something obvious.

Anonymous or other privacy-protected research can be conducted, without having to go public about it.

Last edited:
I'm reallly not trying to pick a fight here but I feel this needs to be said.

I don't think we need a symbol personally. Not everything needs a label, just be you. In saying that though......
MrPurple said:
View attachment 57299

Any Symbol you pick will morph in to this in the eyes of the public once it hits Facebook. Remember that.

ABDL is a fetish, it’s not the same as being gay or having gender dysphoria. It doesn’t matter if it is sexual or not. It is a fetish.
So that means you keep it “in the bedroom” or an appropriate space. You do not go on an exhibition spree with it.

People on here need to wake up once in a while. We all enjoy it but there’s no excuse to be stupid about it. We need to behave ourselves or the level of persecution we will face from a few idiots because of a few idiots who don’t understand boundaries will be terrible.
I agree with not needing a symbol but constantly calling abdl a fetish does more harm than good actually. It is inevitable that the public eventually knows more about us on a wide scale.

Finally the publics view on the word "fetish" is ONLY SEXUAL. Putting the word "fetish" when not all of us are sexual towards it with a community that has baby gear in it is just asking for trouble. It also is a serious discredit to all of the people that have no sexual interest in it.

Also I disagree with some of your other statements. People can literally be suffering mentally from this and you can't just act liek their personal worries are nothing in the grand scheme of things, that is a super middle finger to all of those people.

I am sorry but I feel like everyone misses the point about the movement we are in right now. You should be understanding the idea of acceptance. Why are you trying to treat it like only gays, and trans deserve rights? Shouldn't you be under the idea that everyone has a right to be who they are and like what they want without this sense of verbal oppression like you are doing right now.

I think that is highly unfair. You are also just disregarding the fact that like if we do not start giving ourselves a better image in the public all it will take is one major bad move that gets publicized and what do you think will happen. This community will instantly be in a horrible spot and could lead to legal trouble depending on how bad that situation is, so stop trying to act like this community just can't compare when we all deal with mental and social worries.

Last thing: Before you bring up some bogus example. I am not wanting people to just walk around in only a diaper. Just how some trans people couldn't be themselves and dress how they wanted, we suffer the same issue. You think a male can just walk around wearing something cute without getting weird looks.

Even if its tame at times if you are not white you will seriously get bad looks and mocked/mad fun of. and keep in mind THIS IS ALL JUST OVER CLOTHING. Everyone should be able to wear what they want as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

Kymi said:
I wouldn't want a symbol if one existed. My ab life is for myself and my s o. and is only part of out life together.
Why would I want to be approached by a stranger saying "Hi I'm an adult baby too!"?
I agree a symbol shouldn't really matter, but please keep in mind how others are. Just like how you are happy with the person you have found I am sure this stems from wanting to find other relatable people.

You do not have to wear the symbol if you don't want to so your example doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: Prillprillprill, Eclectic, tbjay and 2 others
isabella said:
What does sitting back have anything to do with being public ally recognized as having an abdl fetish? I don’t mean this as an offense but there really is no purpose of having a symbol for something people do in their bedroom. Why would you want anyone to know you’re abdl outside? What happens when you get noticed? All things you should consider first
Le pride flag

kratox said:
I'm reallly not trying to pick a fight here but I feel this needs to be said.

I don't think we need a symbol personally. Not everything needs a label, just be you. In saying that though......

I agree with not needing a symbol but constantly calling abdl a fetish does more harm than good actually. It is inevitable that the public eventually knows more about us on a wide scale.

Finally the publics view on the word "fetish" is ONLY SEXUAL. Putting the word "fetish" when not all of us are sexual towards it with a community that has baby gear in it is just asking for trouble. It also is a serious discredit to all of the people that have no sexual interest in it.

Also I disagree with some of your other statements. People can literally be suffering mentally from this and you can't just act liek their personal worries are nothing in the grand scheme of things, that is a super middle finger to all of those people.

I am sorry but I feel like everyone misses the point about the movement we are in right now. You should be understanding the idea of acceptance. Why are you trying to treat it like only gays, and trans deserve rights? Shouldn't you be under the idea that everyone has a right to be who they are and like what they want without this sense of verbal oppression like you are doing right now.

I think that is highly unfair. You are also just disregarding the fact that like if we do not start giving ourselves a better image in the public all it will take is one major bad move that gets publicized and what do you think will happen. This community will instantly be in a horrible spot and could lead to legal trouble depending on how bad that situation is, so stop trying to act like this community just can't compare when we all deal with mental and social worries.

Last thing: Before you bring up some bogus example. I am not wanting people to just walk around in only a diaper. Just how some trans people couldn't be themselves and dress how they wanted, we suffer the same issue. You think a male can just walk around wearing something cute without getting weird looks.

Even if its tame at times if you are not white you will seriously get bad looks and mocked/mad fun of. and keep in mind THIS IS ALL JUST OVER CLOTHING. Everyone should be able to wear what they want as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

I agree a symbol shouldn't really matter, but please keep in mind how others are. Just like how you are happy with the person you have found I am sure this stems from wanting to find other relatable people.

You do not have to wear the symbol if you don't want to so your example doesn't make much sense.
Clear thinking from this writer.

At any rate, I am not saying we need a symbol. It is just something I would personally like and I wanted to see the response before taking the idea further.

Budunker said:
At any rate, I am not saying we need a symbol. It is just something I would personally like and I wanted to see the response before taking the idea further.
I mean we don't exactly need one but as one of my discord friends put it: We need to replace the God Awful one that exists now

I won't disagree with that lol that one looks terrible the artist used that method: The Bare Minimum, rushed and sloppy

Reactions: Lightstreak2553
The pink and blue banner with the heart isn't so bad but it isn't so good either. Trans flag plus Austria heart.

Lots of good suggestions here, but there are other threads on this already that you might take a look at.

As for me, I fall into to the category with others that I am not so sure we really need a badge or banner to distinguish us or show our "ABDL" pride. I've been around these parts for a while now, and my perception is that most ABDLs aren't seeking to be recognized. I believe there is a hope that someday this may be more universally accepted and not so stigmatic, but most ABDLs aren't exactly ready to post a flag out on the street to show they are ABDL.

I am proud of being a cowboy, and I show it by wearing a cowboy hat or other cowboy clothing. I don't need a badge or a flag to show mngy pride in being this. I would suggest that perhaps style of clothing, prints, etc. might be something worth thinking about. I like the PeekABU hats, they are good example. Not many would know what they are outside of our community, but even so, it kind of has a childlike feel to it.

Likewise, if I went out with a hat that had a Baby Looney Toones emblem on it
262ddbcf4790cfb3cbf6e05f3e4b2876.jpg
, or shirt
iu
or maybe a Lil Hot Stuff image
iu
or may be pooh bear ball cap
iu
iu
iu
, these are likely not going to raise a stink (lol play on words) with the non-abdl community, but might give a hint to those who are abdl as to our little status.

Also, other attire seems to be coming into trend, that are actually quite babyish. Footed pajamas for an example are really becoming a thing and are becoming trendy.
iu

How about overalls?
crop-top.gif
Boohoo-Slim-Fit-Short-Length-Overalls-Mid-Blue.jpg
iu

Anyhow, I hope you might see my point here. There are many ways without requiring a sole badge or banner that you can share a bit of your being ABDL with the world and even perhaps create a fashion trend of more childish clothing, that enables you to be you without having others look at you like, what the heck is that flag with safety pin on it for?

Rather, I wouldn't think twice about wearing this
iu
while I am out and about. A cartoon character wearing a diaper, yet I highly doubt anyone other than an ABDL might think twice about it.

Just some thoughts from this ol' Teddy Bear Cowboy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lightstreak2553 and ThatGuyFromThatThread
Budunker said:
Le pride flag
I think you have sexuality and sex life mixed up .-.

isabella said:
isabella said:

Goodness! What do YOU do in your bedroom? I sleep.

Kymi said:
Goodness! What do YOU do in your bedroom? I sleep.
That’s not how I meant for people to interpret it. Bedroom is meant as a private space for whatever you want to do, so it could vary from things like engaging in abdl activity and punching your wall?

Reactions: Deleted member 9978
Honestly, I find some of the more unassuming ABDL company t-shirts to be very effective. As long as it isn’t a furry in a diaper, you can probably fly under the radar of most people.

Think of convention, concert, or business event t-shirts. If you don’t know how to cut through the noise of the sponsorships, dates, and other details, you usually don’t know what the hell it all means. I know a pin doesn’t have space for much noise, but if you can hide in plain sight, you can get out a subtle message. The trick is to put out a message that even an ABDL community member might miss or might only realize later.

I personally wouldn’t want to let other ABDL people know in public. I don’t generally trust people, no matter the stripes of their flag. I have a lot to lose if my secrets get out. I’m generally a voice for not being too accessible by society at large. They just don’t need to know, generally don’t want to know, and the people who do want to know are generally bad news.

Reactions: Lightstreak2553 and ThatGuyFromThatThread
isabella said:
That’s not how I meant for people to interpret it. Bedroom is meant as a private space for whatever you want to do, so it could vary from things like engaging in abdl activity and punching your wall?
Well, maybe for children; who live with their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back