Paranormal Happenings

Widgeydog354 said:
sounds nice
It was comforting in its own way. Who knows what waits for us after death.

I have felt things that science cannot explain. The most notable one was hiking on a hot day and then walking into an ice cold spot. Then I found ritualistic items right there. One of the like 3 times I got spooked in the woods.

We live in a 200 year old house which is full of ghosts and spirits. Non are hostile and we live happily side by side

Reactions: Angelapinks and Deleted member 48373
I grew up in a haunted house as well though they weren't very nice. My band mate also grew up in a haunted house, a big mansion built in and around 1860.

I've often wondered how much is happening around us that we never see or feel.

Reactions: Angelapinks
While I'm not a believer in paranormal happenings of UFO conspiracies, I did see something when I was a teenager that I'm still struggling to pin down.

It was the evening, and I couldn't sleep. I opened the window, and looked out at the night sky. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a light move across the sky, then smoothly turn so that it appeared to go in a verticle direction, and then it disappeared. It was followed by a procession of these lights, all following the same pattern, and all of them completely silent - no sounds of a helicopter or a jet or anything. Nothing. I tried to look at them through my binoculars but I couldn't make out any detail in them. After a fair few of these things had made their journey across the sky and disappeared, none came after, and the sky remained as it was.

In hindsight, they might be explained away as high altitude aircraft that one simply couldn't hear, but I'm still a little flumoxed by the whole thing. Why did they follow the exact same pattern? Why were there so many of them? What were these objects?

I'm basically reconciled to my not knowing or accepting that time might have altered the memory.

Reactions: Angelapinks and RedPandaDL
Our own government (US) has released official reports of alien spacecraft. The Airforce has given chase only to be left in the dust. So many people have caught UFO phenomena on their cameras and cell phones that there is little doubt in my mind that UFOs exist. For me though is a sense of foreboding because if they have the technology to get here, they can probably do anything they want with us.

A few nights ago, I swore I thought the nightlight in my bathroom turned a little on its own. 😦 Not sure if it was just my imagination or just mind games at play but it was certainly weird.

dogboy said:
Yeah, my boss In IT used to write on other peoples' computers all the time. Usually it was work related, installing something or fixing a bug.

As for me, I grew up in a haunted house, lots of noises and banging around. Eventually a friend and I used a Ouija board and a full figured ghost appeared. It floated forward passing through my left side and all of him as it turned right and disappeared. This was in my parents attic of a cape cod house. It had two rooms and we were in my bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed. We were both terrified during and after. I came home from college on weekends and I still had to sleep in the room. I was always uneasy.
At around 12-13 I once heard a creak in the house when I was all alone, thinking it was a creeper. I went to the office and grabbed a really sharp pen so I could stab whatever it was (this seriously happened) and then nothing was there. I was super freaked out and didn't calm down for about an hour. *haunted*

Last edited:
After my experience with the Ouija board, I will never use one again. What came across seemed evil. It scared the crap out of me and my friend and I still had to sleep in that bedroom every night.

I went to school at what used to be a military fort and hospital. On two occasions I have seen a group of people appearing from no where and a semi transparent janitor sweeping in a dark room. This was after the fort was closed and those buildings were abandoned. I wasn't alone and people I was with confirmed I wasn't the only one who could see these figures.

Sheepies said:
I went to school at what used to be a military fort and hospital. On two occasions I have seen a group of people appearing from no where and a semi transparent janitor sweeping in a dark room. This was after the fort was closed and those buildings were abandoned. I wasn't alone and people I was with confirmed I wasn't the only one who could see these figures.

I've seen TV film footage of opaque soldiers at Gettysburg. I took a tour of Gettysburg and could hardly get through it without crying. It's like I could feel their sorrow. The same thing happened to me at Arlington National Cemetery.

Reactions: Angelapinks and MeDisneyBaby
I've seen this footage and it always amazes me. Things like this also trouble me because they didn't seem to move on. It asks questions like what is heaven? Why are some spirits, maybe once people, stuck here reliving the past? Will that happen to me? My faith in moving on to a better place helps get me through the day.

I was hesitant to post anything, as I feel like this is a bit further "out there" than say, ghost experiences... and, like a Ouija session at a party, is only debatably paranormal given some ambiguities... but I realized that my inner child would just about throttle me for keeping mum when I potentially had knowledge or experience of this topic to share.

So, to satisfy my inner child, here it is. Take it FWIW.

Once upon a time, I participated in a levitation. Strictly speaking, no one hovered in thin air... but I was one of four relatively scrawny 5th graders who lifted a slightly heavyset adult clear above their heads using only two fingers per person (one from each hand).

Said adult was my 5th grade teacher, an older lady getting near retirement, and she actually brought it up in class one day. I think it was a personal tangent she went off on following one of the stories we'd read and discussed as a class (I wish I could recall more about precisely how it came up)... she mentioned having participated in a "real" levitation as a teen and offered to show the class how to do it. My impression is that she thought of it as harmless fun involving a bit of counter-intuitive physics and a dose of psychology / power of suggestion. And perhaps that's what it was... everyone has to come to their own conclusions I suppose; those who were there know more than those who weren't, and those who participated know even more than those who only saw it.

What I can say is that initially we took turns being lifted and doing the lifting, so quite a few (probably most) of the students in the class took part in "levitating" another student and / or being "levitated" themselves. The process involved the person to be levitated sitting in a chair, and being surrounded by four others. Each of the four "lifters" would lock their hands together with the index fingers pointing out, like making a pretend pistol with one's hands almost. Two people would put said index fingers beneath the armpits of the person to be lifted, and the other two lifters would put theirs beneath their knees. They would attempt to lift the person this way, and invariably find it quite difficult. Depending on who was being lifted and who was on the team doing the lifting, sometimes they could almost get the person totally out of the chair, but mostly they didn't even get that far. Then came the "magic" part, which was simple enough: going around the circle, the lifters would "stack hands" an inch or so away from one another over the head of the person seated. I'm a bit fuzzy on whether everyone started with the left hand or the right, or whether we went clockwise or counter-clockwise... or whether it was supposed to matter... but all four of us would have both hands in the "stack" by the end, being careful not to make physical contact. Then the hands were removed in reverse order, from top to bottom... and without hesitating or speaking, the lifters immediately lock hands together into "hand pistols" as before and repeat the attempt at lifting. Invariably, the person would be swiftly raised above the head level of the lifters, if only momentarily, before being lowered into the chair again.

My direct experience of having lifted several students this way was the same as what others reported: I genuinely tried to lift the person the first time and they were just way too heavy, but the second time it almost felt like the others could have done it without my help. I had been one of the straggler volunteers, and so I was part of the "lifting team" when the teacher suggested we try it on her. I think the teacher wanted to show us that whatever magic she had cajoled us into believing in had its limits... she started yelling and panic-flailing when we lifted her up. ^^; And she called an end to it after that, perhaps because she was unsettled, or perhaps because it would be redundant at that point unless we brought a heavier adult in (e.g. one of the other teachers) to participate. Whatever the case, I can vouch that we were scarcely able to budge the teacher in the chair on the ritualistic first attempt, but lifting the teacher after we had stacked hands did not seem to be any more difficult than lifting another 5th grader had been.

I honestly don't know what to think about it, and have historically been too fearful of ridicule to bring it up among a group of friends to try, even on the basis of investigating the physics / psychosomatics of why the second attempt was so consistently different from the first. I'm certainly very open to any thoughts on the matter, though.

I've seen film footage of this happening from many years ago and I think we discussed it in science class. There might be some sort of principle at work, physics? Still, it is very strange.

Sapphyre said:
Once upon a time, I participated in a levitation.
I participated in an exercise like that, too. I believe I was in 8th grade at the time. Four of us made two attempts to lift the teacher the way you described. The first attempt failed. After some hocus-pocus by the teacher we were successful with the second lift. I chalk it up to simple, psychological factors. When you first hear about 4 kids attempting to lift an adult using only two fingers each, it sounds next to impossible. I'm guessing our teacher weighed a little under 200 pounds, so each of us had to lift about 50 lbs. That really isn't so much weight for a healthy preteen kid to lift, especially if he/she was prepared to do it as, what was essentially, a deadlift. The realization that it isn't actually all that hard to do helps make it more likely to accomplish. Another thing is getting the kids to lift in unison, which was accomplished by the how the teacher was talking while getting us ready for the second attempt. The third thing was how rigid the teacher was holding his body in both attempts. It may or may not have been intentional, but most likely the teacher kept his body more rigid in the second attempt because he expected it was going to be a successful lift. If you've ever tried to pick up an ornery child that kept his/her body limp, you know how hard it can be to lift someone who is uncooperative. Taken together, these things present a simple, rational explanation.

Back