Are early memories involving diapers linked to wearing in adulthood?

For me, I dont have any memories about wearing nappies/diapers at all. Or was I a bed wetter or anything like that. So once I was potty trained, I was completely separated from them.

My earliest memories of wanting to wear once again was when I was about 5 or 6 when a younger cousin joined the family. I remember that my mum and I used to visit them quite often and I would see my cousin in his nappy, getting changed etc and I was just totally curious and really wanted to wear one for myself. I remember I used to steal them and wear them at home in private. This kinda continued with neighbours and other family members.

Back to the question of this thread, I dont think having early memories has influenced my wearing to this day. If I am honest, I am at a complete loss why I do. But that said, I have noticed "these days" that kids are being kept in nappies/diapers for longer and older and some of you have suggested this is why you wear them and those still kept in nappies/diapers will have better memories - would this increase the numbers of AB's/DL's in say 15 - 20 years?

Reactions: bbpnts and Lewis Badger
For me yes

I imagine it must play a part, at least for the DL part, AB may be more have other complex triggers, but for DLs at least, surly you must have some memory of how good it feels before desiring it again?

Now that I've been back in diapers more regularly, I feel that more memory is coming back, and I was actually diapered for bedwetting until I was about 5 (I stopped wetting much later, but the diaper stopped), and I think that contributed, but the point when it really 'clicked' was when I stayed over at a relative's home and had a disposable diaper, that was it.

00Steve00 said:
But that said, I have noticed "these days" that kids are being kept in nappies/diapers for longer and older and some of you have suggested this is why you wear them an

Well from this very thread there is some evidence that early memory in diapers will lead to a life long affinity towards them. So by that I'd have to say yes. Within another 15 years we'll see an uptick of new dls as a result of more kids being able to remember being diapered..

I am one that believes they do. Personally, for me when I was between the ages of 3 to 5, (not exactly sure what age I was) but I had an issue where I would poop while sleeping. Instead of my parents having me where a diaper, I had to just wear plastic pants. I stopped having accidents like that, so it wasn't long lasting or anything.

Around the age of five maybe six, I discovered a pink diaper in a cabinet of the bathroom. I remember attempting to put it on while laying on the floor and my sister walked in. She actually ended up helping me put it on but my parents weren't as amused when I walked out and sat down on the couch. They made me take it off.

Around the age of 10, my friend's mom told me about his bedwetting and shown me his goodnites, which is why he had a problem with sleeping over at places. I had zero problem with it and actually took one without them knowing. I was curious once again.

There was another time around the age of 10, where my brother-in-law forcibly had put a baby diaper on me in front of my sister, brother, and possibly a friend. I was trying to fight it but he was to strong. I was upset and embarrased, my sister told my dad which he was none to happy to hear about it.

Reactions: BusyBritches
Slomo said:
Well from this very thread there is some evidence that early memory in diapers will lead to a life long affinity towards them. So by that I'd have to say yes. Within another 15 years we'll see an uptick of new dls as a result of more kids being able to remember being diapered..
Just to play devil's advocate, there may be many many more people who have memories of being diapers but are no longer attached to it, and therefore wouldn't stumble on this forum and post here.

To give you an example, all iphone owners have a smart phone, but not all smart phones are iphones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trevor
My infatuation with diapers began with plastic pants. I remember being caught in the bathroom by an elderly baby sitter wearing plastic pants and being belittled for doing so. I was a bed wetter until I was about 9 or 10 and often asked my mother if we could try plastic pants to avoid wet bedding and her suggesting that without a diaper to absorb the moisture it wouldn't do much good. After going through puberty I found other reasons to like plastic pants. Later in life I found myself needing diapers to deal with incontinence do to a spinal injury and began to use plastic pants for their designed purpose wearing them over cloth diapers. While I have these memories I often try to analyze the original cause of these desires but find that it evades me and that I'm quite content with the protection and comfort that these "fashion accessories" provide.

Reactions: BusyBritches
endersdragon34 said:
I had a TBI so I don't remember my babyhood much, but I do remember my mommy suggesting that if my head got hurt again I could end up in diapers for the rest of my life, and instead of being scared by that concept I was... can 9 year olds get turned on? LOL
TBI? What's that? Also, if by being "turned on" at that age, means being attracted to a concept, notion or idea, then... Yeah, it's possible. But being "turned on" in terms of, oh shall we say... An erogenous manner, then, I'm not too sure about that.

Last edited:
Here, check out the links I posted in this thread a while ago:

It goes into explaining transitional objects, and how a link to liking diapers can come from it.

One of my earliest memories of wanting to wear a diaper is after my brother was born. We are 3.5 years apart, and I remember begging my mom to let me wear one of his diapers while standing in his nursery and her saying "no honey you're too big."
Another one was seeing his Little Swimmers, and pointing to a little girl on the front saying "she gets to wear diapers, can I?" with her response being "no she needs them and you don't"

Personally for me in my case I do remember what being in diapers was like as a child because I was in them right up untill I turned 5 or 6 years of age as I had disabilities or cogmental development issues mostly because I am autistic.

And my earliest memories of being in diapers goes back to when I was 12-18mths of age back when I had no choice other than to be on diapers because I was a baby/toddler, however nowerdays 38-39 years since my birth I now wear diapers (see my earlier replies), and yes it's linked to my past as wearing this form of protection or all in one padding takes me back to that special place in my past.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

The difficulty in answering this type of question is we don't know how many people have early memories of being in nappies and, of those, how many went on to become ABs or DLs. Discussions like this one, which I find fascinating, unfortunately are self selecting.

In my own case, I do have early memories of wearing, and actually using, nappies before I was toilet trained. These memories are mostly fragments and I couldn't put them in the correct temporal order if I tried, or even tell you exactly what age I was in them. But they are very real.

Did these memories influence me becoming an AB? I honestly could not tell you. The memories are all pleasant ones, and I try to recreate aspects of these memories today; I can't recreate the absence of control associated with my memories of using my nappy, but I can pretend! But I can't definitively say those memories are what led to me wanting to be back in nappies.

I think they are. I have a few fond and cosy memories of wearing. My partner does also, and sometimes used them on purpose towards the end of her wearing them for bed wetting

Here is my (our) backstory.

I’m pretty normal minus the whole trans thing. I developed physically like a normal girl but mentally like a guy (always liked women, which seems to be one of the biggest bonding points among women; add that with loving extreme sports, the clothes and haircuts I’ve always desired and gotten, and behaviorally how I seem to be attracted to male dominated hobbies (and fetishes I suppose since ABDL is extremely male dominated).

memories of diapers? Nah. I do associate my first sexual feelings towards women involving how comforting their breasts looked. I still can’t get over how comforting my gf’s breast is laying my head into her.
One memory was wanting this girl who developed before all the other girls was playing like I was a kid and she “changed” me and junk. Then there was this other manly girl I hung with when I was like 7 (one of few girls), and we fought over wearing a diaper we found.

i wasn’t a bedwetter, never really had accidents, but always have been into peeing Tried to construct a functional dickseveral times at a young age (ourof silly putty, hotdogs, you name it). Ended up peeing myself. It felt so good....I hid my underwear in my drawer as if my parents would never findthe piss smell. Lol

I don't recall wearing cloth diapers and plastic underpants and by age 2 I was out of them. However, I wore training underwear and plastic underpants at night until age 5. I recall wearing my training underwear and plastic underpants and just a pajama top right before bed during the summer months and watching TV. Being seen in these protective undergarments by my family was just normal for me. Sometimes I would fall asleep in the family room and my dad would just carry me to bed so that is why I always got dressed in my training underwear and plastic underpants early for bed.

Off / on nighttime accidents even at age 5 and after and I had plastic underpants in my regular underwear drawer which must have still worked well for small accidents as I recall them being moved around in my pajama drawer when my mom did laundry. So wearing plastic underpants seemed normal for me as a kid up to age 8. This is one reason I like to wear the same items today in adult size.

Sidewinder said:
TBI? What's that? Also, if by being "turned on" at that age, means being attracted to a concept, notion or idea, then... Yeah, it's possible. But being "turned on" in terms of, oh shall we say... An erogenous manner, then, I'm not too sure about that.
As for my question about what TBI is. I found out already, so disregard my question.

Last edited:
For me the answer would be no.
I have absolutely no memories of being diapered as as a baby or a child. I didn't have an easy childhood, I wouldn't say it was bad but I was just really sad.
As far as I know, I never wet the bed or had any accidents. I don't know when I was potty trained and actually it was never talked about. I don't even know if I was in cloth diapers or in disposable diapers...

I don’t have memories of wearing diapers from childhood. I was probably potty trained pretty early (like 2). I do remember the diaper pail, but I am not sure if that is because my mom put it to alternate uses after. I vaguely remember Huggies or Luvs boxes.

What I do remember is wanting to wear them pretty early on (like between 3-5). I remember discussing with my friend(who probably couldn’t understand my fascination) about wanting to wear them. I guess I just assumed everyone had the obsession. I remember one time he really wanted me to do something with him and in order to convince me he said he had a room full of diapers. Which was a lie, I didn’t fall for it.

I remember one incident with a neighbor girl at a very young age where we both got naked and pee’d in old cookware in her family’s shed. I don’t know if that had an influence on any of this.

I also remember one time when I was sick, I wet the bed which was super rare for me. I woke up my mom and she got really mad at me and threatened to put my back in diapers. I couldn’t understand why she was mad, it wasn’t like I did it on purpose. I think she was just upset from being woken up and lost her temper. I do remember wanting the diapers she threatened me with, alas it was not to be.

Other than that, I remember stealing diapers and making my own.

Obviously I have some kind of memory though. But it isn’t exactly a real memory. Kind of like a vague memory of the sensation. The smells, I remember the smell of fresh baby diapers, baby oil and powder. And the feeling of it. It all brings me back.

Last edited:
AAO said:
I have lots of early memories of diapers, but I also don’t ever remember not being interested in diapers. It’s kind of the chicken and egg scenario. Do I remember diaper events because I liked them, or do I like diapers because I remember diapered events?
Interesting way of putting it.

I guess everyone is different. I have some scattered memories that have surfaced from the age of 3 or 4. My ordeal was and is terrifying. Sometimes when I regress, I have flashes of these memories. I wish my ABDL experiences were rooted in something less disturbing or not take ahold at all. The couple who did this to me are long dead and I hope the pain and suffering of their cancer followed them to whatever hell they were sent to.

On a better note, ADISC is helping me deal with these things. Thanks a bunch everyone.

Reactions: Sagen and Zeke
Back