Get your advent calendars whilst stocks last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I have seen less and less advent caldenders recently so anybody who wants one this year, get one now! I scraped together what I had left of pocket money to get one. Last year I got one of the 3rd of December and there were none left! So since I noticed they were disappearing fast I got one and it seems I got the last my little pony one too! (I am sure they have more!)

Last year I got myself some Christmas biscuit thingies to make up for the lack of calender, eeeeh, so happy!

This is your last warning, GET YOUR ADVENT CALDENDERS NOW!!

Whilst stocks last...

I know that sounded annoying but I just want to make sure everybody has a nice Christmas image.jpg

I wanted to get the hubby the star wars one last year but I missed out because I waited to long but we already both have our advent calendars for the year already.
123.jpg This is the one that I got for my husband back in the middle of September.
123.jpg This is the that my husband got for me. I had a lego friends one a couple of years ago and it was so much fun. I loved it. Can't wait to start this one.

Being a Yank, I have to ask, what is an Advent Calendar? I remember as a kid, having a Christmas calendar, where there were little windows for each day in December. You'd open them and there would be something behind them. I loved them.

It's the same thing, on mine you can just about see the door has little numbers on it. P.s I can't believe that you have a different name for it. I just presumed you called it a advent calender in USA too.

Ooh, do want. :3

Angelic said:
It's the same thing, on mine you can just about see the door has little numbers on it. P.s I can't believe that you have a different name for it. I just presumed you called it a advent calender in USA too.

Weird, think my post got deleted :p

I'm from California, and my family called them Advent calendars too! Maybe it's a Catholic/Protestant thing?

I know it's a grown up thing, but I wanted the one with a new flavor of whiskey every day! :)

I may just not remember what they were called. It's possible my mom called it a Christmas calendar. I grew up in the middle of nowhere as a child and people weren't very sophisticated back then. Now, as a church music director, I'm very familiar with the liturgical seasons. In fact, every Christmas Eve I listen to the live Lessons and Carols that King's College Choir performs. We hear it at 10 in the morning even though it starts at 4 pm in Cambridge.

Maxx said:
I think terminology depends on whether you're a Papist or one of the various heretic sects.

Hmmmm....Methodist. Definitely heretic sect!

I live on the east coast in America and we always called them advent calendars, that's how they are advertised. However I was raised catholic and I live in a pretty catholic heavy area. Could be a religion by religion thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back