Get your advent calendars whilst stocks last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I have seen less and less advent caldenders recently so anybody who wants one this year, get one now! I scraped together what I had left of pocket money to get one. Last year I got one of the 3rd of December and there were none left! So since I noticed they were disappearing fast I got one and it seems I got the last my little pony one too! (I am sure they have more!)

Last year I got myself some Christmas biscuit thingies to make up for the lack of calender, eeeeh, so happy!

This is your last warning, GET YOUR ADVENT CALDENDERS NOW!!

Whilst stocks last...

I know that sounded annoying but I just want to make sure everybody has a nice Christmas image.jpg

LittleAndrea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I wanted to get the hubby the star wars one last year but I missed out because I waited to long but we already both have our advent calendars for the year already.
123.jpg This is the one that I got for my husband back in the middle of September.
123.jpg This is the that my husband got for me. I had a lego friends one a couple of years ago and it was so much fun. I loved it. Can't wait to start this one.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Being a Yank, I have to ask, what is an Advent Calendar? I remember as a kid, having a Christmas calendar, where there were little windows for each day in December. You'd open them and there would be something behind them. I loved them.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
It's the same thing, on mine you can just about see the door has little numbers on it. P.s I can't believe that you have a different name for it. I just presumed you called it a advent calender in USA too.

M

Maxx

Thanks for the heads up. With a 3 year old granddaughter, we've got to be on top of that.

Moicano

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's the same thing, on mine you can just about see the door has little numbers on it. P.s I can't believe that you have a different name for it. I just presumed you called it a advent calender in USA too.

Weird, think my post got deleted :p

I'm from California, and my family called them Advent calendars too! Maybe it's a Catholic/Protestant thing?

I know it's a grown up thing, but I wanted the one with a new flavor of whiskey every day! :)

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I may just not remember what they were called. It's possible my mom called it a Christmas calendar. I grew up in the middle of nowhere as a child and people weren't very sophisticated back then. Now, as a church music director, I'm very familiar with the liturgical seasons. In fact, every Christmas Eve I listen to the live Lessons and Carols that King's College Choir performs. We hear it at 10 in the morning even though it starts at 4 pm in Cambridge.

M

Maxx

I may just not remember what they were called. It's possible my mom called it a Christmas calendar. I grew up in the middle of nowhere as a child and people weren't very sophisticated back then. Now, as a church music director, I'm very familiar with the liturgical seasons. In fact, every Christmas Eve I listen to the live Lessons and Carols that King's College Choir performs. We hear it at 10 in the morning even though it starts at 4 pm in Cambridge.

I think terminology depends on whether you're a Papist or one of the various heretic sects.

LittleAndrea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I live on the east coast in America and we always called them advent calendars, that's how they are advertised. However I was raised catholic and I live in a pretty catholic heavy area. Could be a religion by religion thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.