Your protection: are you always aware of wearing it, sometimes, not really?

Normally in the day to day out in public I am not always thinking about my diaper unless something happens like a tape pops. I wear layers to conceal it and am to the point where diapers don't distract me from my day.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
made the mistake recently of trying without a diaper , thought I could wing it whilst driving big mistake if you have doubts about not wearing a dipaer and you are incontinent think again

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, AUG168 and 3 others
I always wear diapers and sometimes heavy padded incontinence pants. I always know the feeling between my legs.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Being urinary IC and having to wear 24/7 since around 2 years I got very used to my protection. So, I'm of course not permanent aware that I'm wearing, it's often in the background. But if an urge hits and I'm wetting I'm thankful that my diaper is soaking up everything (what for sure I can feel). Sometimes, especially if my diaper is getting to end of capacity, I get aware of the bulk between my legs. Same happens with being on a long walk, wondering how easy it is possible to hike for 12, 15 km or on a 80 km bike tour over some hours in the same diaper without getting any problems. There are great products on the market which allow an easy regular life with IC!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Constantlydamp and 3 others
hbic60 said:
Being urinary IC and having to wear 24/7 since around 2 years I got very used to my protection. So, I'm of course not permanent aware that I'm wearing, it's often in the background. But if an urge hits and I'm wetting I'm thankful that my diaper is soaking up everything (what for sure I can feel). Sometimes, especially if my diaper is getting to end of capacity, I get aware of the bulk between my legs. Same happens with being on a long walk, wondering how easy it is possible to hike for 12, 15 km or on a 80 km bike tour over some hours in the same diaper without getting any problems. There are great products on the market which allow an easy regular life with IC!
The Tena you recommended will last me all day. 🙏

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
I have been in diapers 24/7 for the last almost 4 years. It started out being by choice, but I guess to a small extent I need them more, as my bladder is getting more sensitive as I'm getting older..who knows though, could be a side effect of just being used to having an empty bladder.

I really think it depends on your diaper of choice. At work, I don't really notice my diaper if I'm wearing a Northshore Supreme as I usually do. But by the time about 8 hours have passed, it is easier to notice because it is pretty saggy by then. I've worn Tykables Cammies to work lately to see what that would be like and that is definitely the type of diaper you will notice at all times of the day. It's almost like Tykables intentionally designs them so that you can't ignore them.

Lethdale said:
The Tena you recommended will last me all day. 🙏
lethdale, what kind of plastic or rubber pants are you wearing-brief style and sexy. Looks like they would be excellent protecection if you started wetting accidently. I like unplanned accidents.

• Angry
Like many others have said, I am aware of my diapers all the time but they are in the background, but once they start to get wetter I notice them much more. A fresh daytime diaper is such a nice feeling.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, greatlake5 and 3 others
Being longtime IC and diapered for it, I only tend to notice my diaper just before and after I change. The rest of the time it’s in the back of my mind.

I’m more likely to be aware of NOT being diapered than when I’ve got my padding on, then I tend to relax.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Constantlydamp and 2 others
Piefox said:
Normally in the day to day out in public I am not always thinking about my diaper unless something happens like a tape pops. I wear layers to conceal it and am to the point where diapers don't distract me from my day.
The much feared popped tape…yes that really sucks. I had it happen a couple of times years ago with Depend and the cheaper Tena briefs, but after I switched to Incontrol about 4 years ago, I have not once had a tape come loose. Their tapes hold like vice grips. (BTW I’m not a brand ambassador - I just really like their products)

HalMidLife said:
This is mostly for those of us managing IC, but I welcome anyone’s input.

I was thinking today when out for a walk that I’ve been wearing protection (diapers 7 nights a week and 4-5 days per week, and pull-ups on other days) and despite literally thousands of hours having diaper on, I’m still 100% aware of wearing one whenever I get up for a coffee, go for a walk, etc. The bulkiness level is, I guess, beyond a threshold where I am never oblivious to wearing it. With my pull-ups, I literally forget I’m wearing them (until I start feeling damp).

Thankfully, I like how a diapers feels to wear (hence the DL part of my profile) because for me, it’s become “what being protected feels like”. I’ve actually come to enjoy hearing the crinkles when I walk, so I guess the DL thing is a bit more than I realized? That’s fine - I’m good with it :)
Someone once said that it is hard to remember that you are wearing vinyl and it is hard to forget that you are wearing rubber. Comments please.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Lethdale
As a 24/7, U-IC as a result of a car crash, now near 46 years ago wearing diapers everyday all day is just a reality!
Awareness follows my changes during the day with little little awareness beyond that.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Lethdale
I think longtime IC people are not really aware. It's in the back ground. The diaper is my underwear and it's always been. But certainly I'm aware, especially if my diaper is soaked or dirty. Of course I'm aware when I'm wetting or having a BM (during the day). When I'm sleeping obviously I'm not aware. But when I awake I know what happened.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, GoodnitesXL21 and 3 others
Sometimes yes

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
I am not always aware of wearing my diapers ,except when they are starting to get wet ,I do not mind the feel of the diapers\ rubber pants.

Reactions: Napincolove, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Diapered 24/7, I don't even notice my diaper most of the time, especially when I'm distracted, doesn't matter if I wet myself (while gaming or sleeping I won't notice I'm wet either) until I check my diaper later.

Interesting question! I had to think about it! The fact that I was thinking "if I was aware or not" gave me my answer! For the most part, I am not aware of my diaper wearing! Not any more than I am aware of wearing a shirt or pants or socks! Of course when the inevitable time comes to change, then the awareness is *all there*.

And if I had to split hairs, then I am most aware in the very early morning hours when I get up. As a mostly cloth user, waking up in the morning means I better change pretty darn soon or else suffer press out leaks.

Absolutely I'm aware 100% of the time. It's been an armor of mine. The secure fit helps protect the barrier built against the negativity from the world. Now after being padded daily for while I feel almost exposed if I'm not padded. With every bend, squat, shift or step Im always aware of my protection.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, j8808 and 1 other person
I like other incontienteers, I am obliviousness of it when busy. It is most noticeable when there are changes of known sensory perception. Otherwise, it is there mind. Mostly, except when it is not.

For instance, changing into a new, dry, diaper is very different than a weighted, wet, one. Or being dry and having a full (any sudden) void. However, after a void, or slightly wet, unless there’s an odor, not really.

Or hot, sweaty, days and how perspiration makes it uncomfortable. I would also add, in groups, I am aware of personal space to not expose myself to ridicule.

I think for me, I’m always aware of my diaper. I don’t know how I couldn’t be aware. The DL side of me loves the powder smell, the crinkle sound, the bulk, just the fact and feel of wearing a diaper. The IC side of me wishes the crinkle wasn’t always soo loud (loud in my mind at least, others probably don’t even notice) and the extra bulk wasn’t as pronounced. At the end of the day, I try to tell myself it is what it is and I keep telling myself (all these years) most people are too busy in their own lives to notice or care. I take as much precaution as I can to limit exposure. Even having a need for diapers and after wearing them for most of my life, it’s still embarrassing to me. I have to be mindful of my supplies outside of home. Those in my life already know about my diapers and my need (they just don’t know about my cute, fun diapers that I sometimes wear).

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, maxgood, sport1 and 1 other person
Back