Your protection: are you always aware of wearing it, sometimes, not really?

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
This is mostly for those of us managing IC, but I welcome anyone’s input.

I was thinking today when out for a walk that I’ve been wearing protection (diapers 7 nights a week and 4-5 days per week, and pull-ups on other days) and despite literally thousands of hours having diaper on, I’m still 100% aware of wearing one whenever I get up for a coffee, go for a walk, etc. The bulkiness level is, I guess, beyond a threshold where I am never oblivious to wearing it. With my pull-ups, I literally forget I’m wearing them (until I start feeling damp).

Thankfully, I like how a diapers feels to wear (hence the DL part of my profile) because for me, it’s become “what being protected feels like”. I’ve actually come to enjoy hearing the crinkles when I walk, so I guess the DL thing is a bit more than I realized? That’s fine - I’m good with it :)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, GoodnitesXL21 and 10 others
basicly life long IC here
Sometimes im aware but mostly it's just like underwear you over time stop noticing it.
Im a DL too and enjoy diapers
but most of the time I don't nottice my diaper unless the tapes pop or I have a leak

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, CoastieKate and 10 others
You can’t not notice that you’re wearing a diaper even more so once wet and expanded
I’m always aware of my diaper

Reactions: Tine, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 6 others
I have been wearing ‘protection’ for many years and always been aware of it. Now, however I seem to have forgotten it on many occasions. I have to be careful as a pull-up I was wearing recently leaked in an ‘inappropriate’ place. One has to remember to be careful and aware about when it is time to change. I do still like how they feel and look, my inner child is still alive, just a bit subdued.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, GoodnitesXL21 and 2 others
Not really until im wet. It's like any other article of clothing any more.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 4 others
When I have a diaper on I can't go a second without realizing it. When I'm only using pads sometimes I forget but during any kind of movements I can tell that they're there.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Don't really notice it, I tend to find if my incontinence slip fits me well I don't even know it's there until it needs changing of course.

I don't often think about it. It has become my normal underwear.

The only time I might be more conscious of it is when I have plastic pants over the pull-up/diaper when I think I might need it.

I've been UIC for 3.5 years, wearing a diaper 24/7 for about 2 of those. I would say I am almost always still aware of my diaper, especially when it's wet, as others have said. I still have slight feeling in my bladder so I can tell from more than the dampness/warmth that I'm peeing, and it's usually then that I am VERY aware of it. Even after 2 years, my diapers still feel slightly "strange" to me, like it's not normal for me, yet. I think I'll get there (I mean, what choice do I have?)
However, if I'm engrossed in work at my desk, a game on my computer, or a TV show, there are times when it doesn't occur to me when I've got on under my pants.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, HalMidLife and 3 others
Off and on diaper wearer for entire life. Sometimes I’m aware, but usually I do not notice it.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
I don't really notice my diaper at all, unless something happens that calls my attention to it. When I was at a doctor's appointment today and he wanted to examine my abdomen, I was certainly aware of it, because I had to fish the tail of my onesie out from between my legs so I could pull my shirt up. But normally, though, it hardly crosses my mind, except when I need to pull it down to use the toilet, or if I have an accident.

Once my nappy is on and I am dressed I soon forget all about it. I have been wearing nappies 24/7 for almost 11 years. I wouldn't feel dressed proper
Y without the bulk and feel of a nappy and the rustle of my plastic pants.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
I am not wearing all the time, you would think it is not avoidable to be aware of a diaper, but i catch myself to often at the thought itself, like i am getting an urge and i need to start thinking if my protection is on me or not. So i guess this counts as "not aware all the time."

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
pugglesmuggles said:
I've been UIC for 3.5 years, wearing a diaper 24/7 for about 2 of those. I would say I am almost always still aware of my diaper, especially when it's wet, as others have said. I still have slight feeling in my bladder so I can tell from more than the dampness/warmth that I'm peeing, and it's usually then that I am VERY aware of it. Even after 2 years, my diapers still feel slightly "strange" to me, like it's not normal for me, yet. I think I'll get there (I mean, what choice do I have?)
However, if I'm engrossed in work at my desk, a game on my computer, or a TV show, there are times when it doesn't occur to me when I've got on under my pants.
That’s pretty much it for me too. I like wearing one, but it still feels somewhat strange, like it’s never quite become “just my underwear” in the same way pull ups did. But I definitely prefer being aware of it all the time, and never feeling damp, compared with not noticing pull ups until I would inevitably feel damp after about a hour or so.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Lethdale
well i've been noghttime forever, but now a long time 24/7, and to be honest i really only notice i'm NOT wearing one, as it;s rather rare, only for short times will be without. I relate it to being naked, You dont really notice your clothes so much as them missing in the times you have none on.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 3 others
HalMidLife said:
This is mostly for those of us managing IC, but I welcome anyone’s input.

I was thinking today when out for a walk that I’ve been wearing protection (diapers 7 nights a week and 4-5 days per week, and pull-ups on other days) and despite literally thousands of hours having diaper on, I’m still 100% aware of wearing one whenever I get up for a coffee, go for a walk, etc. The bulkiness level is, I guess, beyond a threshold where I am never oblivious to wearing it. With my pull-ups, I literally forget I’m wearing them (until I start feeling damp).

Thankfully, I like how a diapers feels to wear (hence the DL part of my profile) because for me, it’s become “what being protected feels like”. I’ve actually come to enjoy hearing the crinkles when I walk, so I guess the DL thing is a bit more than I realized? That’s fine - I’m good with it :)
If I’m wearing thick enough pants and it dampens the crinkles then I’ll forget but I’m aware most of the time! I’ll also forget when I wake up from sleeping.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
At 63, as I have only just felt the need to daiper myself, yes, I am aware of them beneath my outer wear. It still feels strange to be in this situation, but it's also comforting to know I'm protected.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
Always been IC. Feeling my diaper is normal for me. If I wasn't wearing one it would feel strange.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 3 others
4+ years 24/7 urine incontinent now and so it feels very odd if I’m not diapered. Sometimes I notice it if it is too tight around a leg, but otherwise I really don’t think about the diapers anymore. I’m thankful for them or I’d have wet spots in my underwear or pants all the time.

Reactions: joemama, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 4 others
The idea of wearing the diaper is in the background.
I feel it, I know its there but its not getting my attention
When I feel myself wetting, I am more conscious that I have a diaper on and I am more attentive.
When I am done wetting, it goes back into the background

Reactions: cantwait, joemama, PadPhilosopher and 7 others
Back