Your protection: are you always aware of wearing it, sometimes, not really?

Wetshisbed said:
Once my nappy is on and I am dressed I soon forget all about it. I have been wearing nappies 24/7 for almost 11 years. I wouldn't feel dressed proper
Y without the bulk and feel of a nappy and the rustle of my plastic pants.

I'm exactly the same. 😁😁😁

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Napincolove
I am a DL regular bedwetter and I wear underwear pull up style in cold weather because the only time I have daytime issues is in the winter.

I had an hour road trip this week and I was an hour away from home. I realized I needed to go about halfway home. Instead of getting off the interstate and relieving myself I decided I could make it home.

Well at about the 3/4 way home point the urge hit and I started wetting my pull up underwear and I couldn't do anything to stop the stream. I think if I had been standing up, the pull up would have absorbed one bladder of urine, but I wasn't standing. I was driving and pee came out the top of the pad on the pull up and I soaked my pants.

I walked into the house and said hello to my wife and walked past her to the bedroom to change. She didn't notice the huge wet spot on my pants. Only later did she notice that my pants were in the hamper and she asked me about it.

That is one time where I really needed the full protection of a diaper instead of a pull up. I'm going to make sure I am padded properly for the next road trip.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 3 others
As F- IC, in which i have about 30 seconds to 2 min notice and being wheelchair bound, I actually only wear when away from home. If home i can get on bedpan or toliet on time.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
I’ve been in a diaper all the time for more of my life than not. I feel like I’m not completely dressed if I don’t have one on. It’s odd to go without one… I like the feeling of going without… I don’t like the consequences

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
If I’m in my night nappy I am aware most of the time because of the thickness, but I will often forget that I have to wear during the day and only remember when I get an urge or have an accident and feel the warmth. If I need a change I am constantly aware because my groin and bum feel soaked and I can feel the heaviness between my legs.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Wetshisbed and 2 others
These days I don't think about it that much, yes it is always in the background as I need to be aware of when I am likely to need a change but it is now just underwear plain and simple.
The only other I sometimes think about is the comfort and security my Nappies give me.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, 247 and 3 others
I have some occasional dribbling and leaking and I can usually manage it by wearing sweatpants without underwear.

On occasion (e.g. during an allergy flare-up, or the like) I sometimes need something a bit more. For this I find that Depend Night Defense technically gets the job done if I change it after a single wetting. One medium bladder void is typically all that it can handle (in my experience).

Also stress/anxiiety can effect my control at times. I find that Depend is adequate for this as long as I am careful about changing regularly. I have never had one last twelve hours (or even half of that time) during the day.

AJFan2020 said:
I have never had one last twelve hours (or even half of that time) during the day.
Yeah... NS MegaMax and Depend Night Defense both advertise 12 hour wear... With the MegaMax, I believe it... The only way the Depend is going to make it that long is if you don't use it :).

• Haha
Reactions: AJFan2020, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 3 others
HalMidLife said:
This is mostly for those of us managing IC, but I welcome anyone’s input.

I was thinking today when out for a walk that I’ve been wearing protection (diapers 7 nights a week and 4-5 days per week, and pull-ups on other days) and despite literally thousands of hours having diaper on, I’m still 100% aware of wearing one whenever I get up for a coffee, go for a walk, etc. The bulkiness level is, I guess, beyond a threshold where I am never oblivious to wearing it. With my pull-ups, I literally forget I’m wearing them (until I start feeling damp).

Thankfully, I like how a diapers feels to wear (hence the DL part of my profile) because for me, it’s become “what being protected feels like”. I’ve actually come to enjoy hearing the crinkles when I walk, so I guess the DL thing is a bit more than I realized? That’s fine - I’m good with it :)

I wear diapers for bedwetting and my periods, and I usually use just Depends Night Defense due to my enuresis typically being light; so I don't notice I'm wearing most of the time. I once bent over to scoop up the family cat, and a bit of fabric from the gathers was torn and fell on the floor. I didn't realize it until Mom picked it up off the floor and said, "What's that?!"

I've been careful since. They know I wear for both reasons above, but I'm not overt and try my best to be discreet. In this economy, being with my parents is a lifeline and I do not wish to ruin our close family bond by acting weird.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
I am IC 24/7 as a result of spinal injury and stenosis so wearing nappies is just so much of normal life that I am really not aware until I can feel that it is wet.

Reactions: Napincolove, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 3 others
Feeling super aware of the nappies at the moment as I've had to lower the dosage of my medication which means it isn't as effective as before on the incon issues meaning pull ups are a no no so it's back to nappies for the foreseeable. I think I'd gotten used to them as even the less bulky ones seem super bulky to me at the moment. I imagine I'll reacclimatise before too long though.

Reactions: Napincolove, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 3 others
Honestly? I don't really notice it until I think about it or, obviously, am going in them.

Reactions: Napincolove, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 2 others
MajesticHamster said:
I wear diapers for bedwetting and my periods, and I usually use just Depends Night Defense due to my enuresis typically being light; so I don't notice I'm wearing most of the time. I once bent over to scoop up the family cat, and a bit of fabric from the gathers was torn and fell on the floor. I didn't realize it until Mom picked it up off the floor and said, "What's that?!"

I've been careful since. They know I wear for both reasons above, but I'm not overt and try my best to be discreet. In this economy, being with my parents is a lifeline and I do not wish to ruin our close family bond by acting weird.
I was in a similar situation a few years ago. While my enuresis is usually quite heavy, I always attempt to maintain a level of discretion. Once I'm wearing, it becomes less noticeable until I find myself using my diaper.

I always feel if I have a diaper on (even if it’s just a Depend). I don’t seem to get used to it like I do with other clothing.

Maybe I would if I find something that is actually comfortable.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 3 others
Been in diapers 30+ years it barely registers

Reactions: Napincolove, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 6 others
For me its night time only. I sleep better with protection as i know i dont need to worry. However fortunately i can still choose and if i dont wear my sleep is quite different.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Tenaman said:
I am IC 24/7 as a result of spinal injury and stenosis so wearing nappies is just so much of normal life that I am really not aware until I can feel that it is wet.
Yes once wet and heavy the become more noticable.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, EcoIncon and 2 others
Wearing 24/7 for over 8 years I’ve come to the point where I’m not always conscious of the fact that I’m wearing, especially when I’m really involved in something. It’s always close by in your mind and easily returns to my conscious mind but something usually happens to spur this change with wetting and/or messy being the chief spurs.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
UrgentWees said:
If I’m in my night nappy I am aware most of the time because of the thickness, but I will often forget that I have to wear during the day and only remember when I get an urge or have an accident and feel the warmth. If I need a change I am constantly aware because my groin and bum feel soaked and I can feel the heaviness between my legs.
Agreed they are most noticeable when a change is needed.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, EcoIncon and 2 others
Yes, especially when getting close to needing a change. There have been times where where I have been less self conscious about wearing diapers as it’s my new normal.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, GoodnitesXL21 and 2 others
Back