Your protection: are you always aware of wearing it, sometimes, not really?

sawindowman said:
I am not always aware of wearing my diapers ,except when they are starting to get wet ,I do not mind the feel of the diapers\ rubber pants.
like the feeling of panties witha wet spot under a panty girdle.

• Angry
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
CoastieKate said:
I think for me, I’m always aware of my diaper. I don’t know how I couldn’t be aware. The DL side of me loves the powder smell, the crinkle sound, the bulk, just the fact and feel of wearing a diaper. The IC side of me wishes the crinkle wasn’t always soo loud (loud in my mind at least, others probably don’t even notice) and the extra bulk wasn’t as pronounced. At the end of the day, I try to tell myself it is what it is and I keep telling myself (all these years) most people are too busy in their own lives to notice or care. I take as much precaution as I can to limit exposure. Even having a need for diapers and after wearing them for most of my life, it’s still embarrassing to me. I have to be mindful of my supplies outside of home. Those in my life already know about my diapers and my need (they just don’t know about my cute, fun diapers that I sometimes wear).
Thank you, Coastie, for your honest recitation about your situation.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
it’s almost funny that this thread (which I started) popped up today because it’s one of those, thankfully rare, days when I’m not only aware of it, but it’s really bugging me.

Long story short, I typically don’t mind wearing a diaper and in fact most often like how they feel (hence having DL in my profile)…but there’s always a day or so per month where it’s just not so nice…I swear today I feel like I’m wearing an overstuffed grocery bag.

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Sometimes I forget that I am diapered

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Well, beings to how I wear a diaper and plastic pants 24/7 yes, I am aware of it hanging around my body. I also have gotten pretty good at camouflaging it so people cannot tell I am wearing a diaper and plastic pants under my street clothes even with the diaper bulge by the end of the day. :rolleyes:

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and Diprs2
Well, beings to how I wear a diaper and plastic pants 24/7 yes, I am aware of it hanging around my body. I also have gotten pretty good at camouflaging it so people cannot tell I am wearing a diaper and plastic pants under my street clothes even with the diaper bulge by the end of the day.

Reactions: Diprs2
It depends 😂. If its an Abena, usually I dont notice it.
If it's a thicker ABDL diaper thats wide in the crotch, then yes.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
I usually know I’m in a diaper but often just don’t think bout it. Like sometimes I know I’m wetting my diaper because I feel the warmth. And then sometimes I’ll think after being diapered a couple of hours to start my day that it’s rare that I’m still dry? Then I actually check and find out I’m actually wet and have no idea when it happened. Stranger still is when I pin on my thick cloth diapers at night with plastic pants I can lay there watching television and think oh I’ve got to put on my diaper! And I’ll wake up sometimes middle of the night and think wow I’m still dry, then check and I’m indeed wet. I guess being 24/7 and pretty casual about it just has these results.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and sport1
Wearing a NorthShore MegaMax with their Trifecta Diaper Cover at night and a daytime weight, pre-folded cloth diaper with a NS Trifecta Diaper Cover is two very different Worlds! Add a NS Pull-Up for specific use and not knowing one is not wearing a diaper is nonsense. Forgetting that I am wearing, while busy, yes, happens.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
ballyhooser said:
I usually know I’m in a diaper but often just don’t think bout it. Like sometimes I know I’m wetting my diaper because I feel the warmth. And then sometimes I’ll think after being diapered a couple of hours to start my day that it’s rare that I’m still dry? Then I actually check and find out I’m actually wet and have no idea when it happened. Stranger still is when I pin on my thick cloth diapers at night with plastic pants I can lay there watching television and think oh I’ve got to put on my diaper! And I’ll wake up sometimes middle of the night and think wow I’m still dry, then check and I’m indeed wet. I guess being 24/7 and pretty casual about it just has these results.
That is why I like the line on the bottom.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
I would be uncomfortable if I were not wearing in bed; I would feel "unprotected". I have been wearing outside for about a year. I am pleasantly aware of having my protection in place, just in case.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
I think it is a state of mind really...

Several times when I've worn to work (retail, often solo for 6-9 hours a day) after a while I no longer notice the padding as my mind focuses on the tasks i need to do and on the customers standing in front of me needing me to grab items we keep behind the counter or to simply be rung up. But then when I need to move around to do larger tasks I get reminded of the bulk slowing me down as I'm walking (particularly when I'm wearing jeans, as they tend to be tighter than regular slacks).

some times

Reactions: Edgewater
I guess I can forget about it the same someone might forget they are wearing a shirt.

Reactions: Edgewater and artemisenterri
I'm not IC but wear for fun.

If I'm fully clothed and out and about doing stuff that distracts me, like running errands, getting food etc. I can sometimes forget I'm wearing. Depending on how thick the diaper is and how wet or dry I am can definitely be a factor as well.

But if at home and even if I am out and about, the majority of the time I think I'm usually aware that I'm wearing.

I have days that I do not really notice or think about. But then there are days like in the hot summer I cant help but notice.

Back