What features are important for the “perfect” ABDL diaper?

What is most important to you in a diaper? Choose top 3

• Total voters
Pampers4Ever said:
For me, I am a DL. Been that way as far back as I can remember. Being born in the mid-70’s. Pampers was biggest thing on the market replacing cloth diapers from the 60’s. Huggies and Luvs came on line late 70’s and changed the style of fan fold flat diapers made by Pampers. Pampers had to reinvent their product offering and came back with the more form fitting diaper that Huggies had invented in 1978. The diaper wars of the 80’s was incredible. It was on to create the most absorbent diaper they could by adding more and more paper pulp to each iteration of the diaper. Then came SAP and features. This is when the super thick diapers collided with features.
This would be the best time to create a diaper that looks like the diapers of old. Starting about 1983 to 1990. Pampers, Huggies, and Luvs had developed some of the best diapers ever made. The buttery smooth gleaming and shiny white plastic that is thick and crinkles. Thick

padding that extended into the wings. Baby diapers back then are thicker than the tri-fold adult diapers today. They need to be thick and make you aware that you are wearing a diaper almost to the point of waddling even in a dry state. Modern features like leak guards, pockets front and back for messy leaks. Lots elastics around the legs and waist. Excellent four tape system, printed landing zone like Ultra Pampers Plus. Scent of Pampers from that era. Sizing for boys and girls. Packaging need to resemble buying a pack of baby diapers and actually having the word diapers on the packaging.

I can see a day weight and night weight for heavy bedwetters. May have to split up the offering between boys and girls. I remember those commercials. “Up front for boys in the middle for girls”. Last thing I can think of is to get rid of the extra plastic. I find my self tucking or cutting the excess away to make it look more like a diaper when taped on.
Can’t wait to see what you come up with. After the loss of dry 24/7’s. I’m looking for a new go to diaper.

View attachment 109202
This ^ pretty much covers it. Thick, very crinkly plastic outer; tapes with a landing zone on the front (preferably plain/blank); extremely thick padding with significantly less SAP for better wicking and even absorption that is full thickness into nice, wide wings; tall leak guards and wide crotch to accommodate large messes and thick boosters or double-diapering; elastic waist front and back (or all the way around). Don't forget about smaller individuals with size options as well; it can be frustratingly difficult to find good DL diapers for petite wearers. My preference is plain white and bright pink solid colors; the violet Rearz are a nice color also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
Ecchi231 said:
Thick, very crinkly plastic outer
preferably textured with diamond embossed patterns on its surface for that old-school feel or plain buttery smooth.

Back