Wearing only diapers under clothes

I find that wearing a pair of fitted boxers over pull ups best when out and about. They serve 2 purposes, first they hide the diaper if you need to bend down, secondly they keep the pull up snuggly in place. At night i wear a thick ABDL diaper, boosted and with plastic pants too, so no leaks. Re being a baby around your wife, that's a sensitive topic, and i don't no what to advise, but i wish you well all the same. :):giggle:

Reactions: Diprs2
I wear PVC back nappies and at home I don't use boxers or cover them. If I am going out I use plastic pants. yes they sag a bit, I am not bothered by that as long as they don't leak.

As for wearing patterned nappies, it is no different to underwear and I would just let her know you are going to get some colour in to make you feel better about IC.

If it is sexual thing then you really need to tell her too.

I am totally comfortable in my nappies at home or away. recently I had to go to a business meeting and wear a suit, I decided to use a catheter as I was going to be away for a an extended period. The pipe into the bag broke off and that was more embarrassing than wearing a nappy. A good nappy and plastic pants is pretty safe.

Reactions: Whitechocolate, Ortler and Diprs2
Whitechocolate said:
So I have been 24/7 for just over 1 year now but have always worn boxers over my diapers. I recently decided i want to only wear diapers underneathe my clothes. I dont know how to tell my wife. She accepts the incontinence side of my needing diapers but does not the baby side. How do I go about doing this? Do i even need to have a conversation or just start doing it? Anyone have experience with this?
You may want to start with plain white onesies from Rearz. They look like a normal tshirt, and also really are supportive of a diaper or pull-up. With it being a oneself it also gives some protection from your diaper showing over the back of your pants.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Whitechocolate
I do the same too when wearing. I find it leaks less when wearing without briefs because I find the cuffs of my cloth briefs tend to absorb the wetness from the diaper and transfer the wetness to my pants. I have tried wearing boxer briefs but the leg cuffs still ride up and get wet.

@Whitechocolate I was an Abdl first and now am incontinent and diaper dependent. My wife is vanilla and my whole journey has been a series of incremental adjustments for her. Or as a therapist put it, she’s got her toes in the water, meanwhile I’m waiting for her to join me in the deep end!

So my question for you as a the expert in your own life is what are some incremental steps you can take?

Your answer will be different than mine. Though some options include starting with wearing medical diapers or even Northshore color diapers or Tykables Cammies. Other incremental options may be during more intimate times you wear a discrete adult pull-up under your underwear. That’s what I do during foreplay and after sex when we are cuddling. Another option is to start with white snap crotch onesies over your diaper. Or maybe you can start by wearing no underwear when your shirt is tucked into your pants.

Again think incrementally!

• Love
Reactions: Subtlerustle, Diprs2 and Whitechocolate
Foreplay? Sex? What is that?!?! :LOL:

We're both too old for that young people stuff. We had our fun and raised three kids. Now in old age, it is about managing aches and pains and getting through the week. I was already getting ED before the meds, but now the meds have nailed it. My wife has gone through her own changes.

When I first became IC, my wife suspected that I had become a DL (based upon the questions she asked me). But after some tests, the dr confirmed IC due to nerve damage after after long term diabetes type-2. Having that confirmation eased her mind. Since then it has been a series of changes, including my wetting the bed a few times before we decided that diapers for me over night was appropriate.

My main thing throughout has been to keep things discrete. I wear PJ bottoms over my diaper at night and I don't waltz around the place in just a diaper and a T-shirt. My wife doesn't want to see that (nor do I expect that she ever will). I'm not judging those that do - it's just that it's not always well accepted by some. Even my daughters kept the grandkid's diapers covered with rare exceptions.

• Haha
Reactions: Subtlerustle, Diprs2, Whitechocolate and 2 others
slimjiminy said:
Foreplay? Sex? What is that?!?! :LOL:

We're both too old for that young people stuff. We had our fun and raised three kids. Now in old age, it is about managing aches and pains and getting through the week. I was already getting ED before the meds, but now the meds have nailed it. My wife has gone through her own changes.

When I first became IC, my wife suspected that I had become a DL (based upon the questions she asked me). But after some tests, the dr confirmed IC due to nerve damage after after long term diabetes type-2. Having that confirmation eased her mind. Since then it has been a series of changes, including my wetting the bed a few times before we decided that diapers for me over night was appropriate.

My main thing throughout has been to keep things discrete. I wear PJ bottoms over my diaper at night and I don't waltz around the place in just a diaper and a T-shirt. My wife doesn't want to see that (nor do I expect that she ever will). I'm not judging those that do - it's just that it's not always well accepted by some. Even my daughters kept the grandkid's diapers covered with rare exceptions.
Even I keep covered at home , my mum saw enough of my diapered butt 45 years ago , after she went upstairs to go to bed early as she’s 75 got COPD , then I took my PJ bottoms off
Only other times I lounge in just Diaper and T is in the confines of my truck cab with the curtains drawn

slimjiminy said:
Even my daughters kept the grandkid's diapers covered with rare exceptions.
Yeah my folks never really let any of us roam around in just a diaper when we were little, or even underwear as we got older. And to this day I still feel weird walking around with my diaper uncovered.

Reactions: Diprs2, NappiedTruckDriver, Whitechocolate and 1 other person
Whitechocolate said:
So I have been 24/7 for just over 1 year now but have always worn boxers over my diapers. I recently decided i want to only wear diapers underneathe my clothes.
I agree with those who say its probably best to wear underpants over the diaper. I do this when going out because I usually wear pullups during the daytime and the feeling is more snug with the underpants on as well as the fact that underpants can absorb small leaks.

mikesecret said:
I agree with those who say its probably best to wear underpants over the diaper. I do this when going out because I usually wear pullups during the daytime and the feeling is more snug with the underpants on as well as the fact that underpants can absorb small leaks.
I'm currently testing out wearing underwear over the Tranquility SmartCore diaper briefs (cloth-backed). I got fed up with the price hikes for pull-ups and found that briefs are quite a bit cheaper (for similar absorbency). The underwear waist band etc helps to hold it all in place, which avoids the cloth-back problem of loosening.

As for convenience, pull-ups are still more convenient. But I am finding that the SmartCore briefs pull down at the toilet with a bit of care at the same time as the underwear. With a careful wiggle you can pull it back up, so they work almost as good as a pull-up. If the diaper gets too loose, you can of course refasten the tapes since the hook and loop system works quite well for refasten-ability. As an additional benefit to being cheaper, I trust the diaper more -- I don't mind as much if I get lazy and use it at the end of the day before my night time diaper change.

Reactions: Whitechocolate and Diprs2
Instead of underpants, I might recommend diaper pants such as BigTots or SatinMaidentheUSA both of which can be bought on ETSY. I like them and find that they add a combination of functionality when wearing cloth back disposable diapers by helping with diaper sag when wet, and they are just fun to wear. The BigTots come in many different fun prints made with a cotton/lycra blend, while the SatinMaidentheUSA, as suggested by the name are made of satin, sooo soft. Check them out.

I'll pass on that. I'm not into AB stuff and just managing my IC. The underwear is working just fine for my needs.

Reactions: Incon97 and Diprs2
It really depends on the clothes, diaper and situation for me.

Skirts and dresses are my go to when I don't want to get too hot while out and about. Maxi length is good if you are worried about folks potentially seeing what is under your clothes. Leggings/stocking can help with sound or if you are worried about that aspect.

I often wear my thinner diapers with jeans and my blouse/shirt tucked in. This generally works well for women, but can be challenging for men.

In most other cases, I wear a plastic pant or some of my higher waist underwear that I kept around.

I would never let anyone see me in just my Nappy unless for medical reasons and then would still want to be discrete about it.
It is just the same as walking around in your underpants which is wholly unnaceptable in public situations.

I guess I kinda fell to see the issue if she accepts the fact you are incontinent and it is bad enough you need 24/7 full diaper... then I cant see the issue! If she fell and broke her back and need a wheelchair to get around would she expect you deny her that? Now if you are wanting to go to work church a full blown baby print and a binky under then pants or sleep ina bob the builder diaper then I can totally see where it can upset her. If this is the case.. Then you do need to have a talk with her and you do need to respect her views if you was not doing this when you married and it kinda got pushed onto her over a few months. It could be hard to accept! It is one thing to accept you have a medical condition you can not help. That is the "in sickness and in health until death do we part" shit we all said to each other. But if she just cant stand to see you in a solid print medical diaper and you otherwise would piss your pants or the bed then it is safe to say she is being a bit self centered. Then again If you are blurring the lines between the two sides IC and ABDL maybe she has a hard time believing you even need them and feels lied too.
The baby side might be something you need to work into and give her time to process the medical side. I mean I have no Idea how long you have been wearing diapers if you used shields or pull ups first and had to go to fitted briefs or what. But I would not blur the lines between AB and IC if she has a hard time with it until she can stand to accept a diaper as your new underwear for medical reasons. If you want to wear a boxer over them or not I see no right or wrong way. I just wear a diaper nd nothing else but there is a benefit to boxers under pants and over the diaper. One it cuts down the crinkle and two if you rip the ass out of your pants or something that is what people will see & not a diaper. Trust me I have been there done that twice. But I accept my condition, and my wife does too and I do not give a flying fuck what the world thinks anymore.!🤣🤣 My wife has always been my biggest supporter but it took years for me to get to feel like I do about wearing diapers and what others might think. Do not get me wrong I do try to keep it hid as I wear loose fitting pants and a good elastic braided belt. The belt is made out of a bungy cord the size of paracord and I only wish I found them sooner. 12 bucks at wal-mart I own 5. But if it becomes exposed because I bent over or reached above my head or even it leaked badly all over me, i am not loosing sleep no matter who sees it. It took me decades t fell like that but I can ex plain my medical condition and most my friends already know I a in poor health. But if I have on baby dinosaur diapers I would be much much harder for them to respect me as having a real medial condition

But bottom line is you know her better than anyone here and it is just something you need to decide. But if she hates the baby prints and this entire thing is a bit new to her by al means give her time to adapt to your new condition before springing AB on her.

I might not be the best one for the AB side advise because I have 100% zero interest. To me diaper is just underwear and to be honest it was underwear I hated for years until one day I realized how I embraced it and searched out the best diapers that gives me the longest time between changes with very few public changes and I love my diapers. They let me live a life outside the restroom. I had a urologist give me samples to molicare super when I was still using store brands. I had a ll new view of adult diapers. I am sure the wife will be happy you can set through a entire movie with her or not disappear when eating out every 30 minutes.

If I wasn't wearing something over my diaper it would be more noticeable. Typically I wear a Confidry 24/7 (still have a few cases since they were removed) or an Abena. And I usually wear a booster (NS Eternadry contour 2XL booster) when I know I'll be out for a longer time without changing. Mostly with plastic pants. I always wear fixation shorts and if doing physical activity I'll use compression shorts. Wearing some baggy pants help them from being noticeable. I suppose if you simply wear a regular diaper you can go without what I use. It's about security and comfort. And the look.

Reactions: Diprs2 and newt
I personally don't think wearing underwear over a diaper is beneficial unless the underwear's main purpose is told hold it in place and prevent sagging, as with compression shorts. Because to me, underwear only covers the same amount as pants, which is to say the top of the waistband can still pop up over the underwear. And since most people are not going to see you without pants on, underwear doesn't provide any additional coverage. If they see your diaper, it will be if it comes up over the waistband, so underwear will have accomplished nothing.

But I also live in Miami so its always super hot and humid so anything that reduces heat is preferrable, so knowing underwear doesn't help much but makes it hotter means I lean away from wearing underwear. That being said, there are plenty of times I want to make sure nothing peeks up, which is why I think a onesie does everything underwear would for support but does a better job in making sure nothing peeks out over the pants.

When I first had to deal with IC, I wore boxer briefs or a snap tank onesie to keep my diaper in place. Though over the years I stopped doing either. Just a diaper is fine. The other garments only help stop leaks/sag so if you change regularly and can trust your choice of protection, you should be fine.

Whitechocolate said:
So I have been 24/7 for just over 1 year now but have always worn boxers over my diapers. I recently decided i want to only wear diapers underneathe my clothes. I dont know how to tell my wife. She accepts the incontinence side of my needing diapers but does not the baby side. How do I go about doing this? Do i even need to have a conversation or just start doing it? Anyone have experience with this?
i would say dress as you feel comfortable. your wife will become aware of how you are dressing just from hanging with you and if she bring up the topic than chat about it. for years i have gone with only a diaper underneath my outer clothes. it is more comfortable especially in warm weather and easier changing. only at certain times do i wear boxers over top like the gym. i have been told there are times that i should have underwear on with certain shorts that are light color or white when wearing a printed diaper (LOL). i am very comfortable in just a diaper. a marriage is give and take so hopefully your wife won't give push back but i would stand your ground on it. have fun

Reactions: Whitechocolate and Diprs2
Diapers are my underwear. The only thing I cover them with, is plastic pants.

Reactions: chuck, Whitechocolate, diaperdude and 4 others
Back