Vintage diapers with shiny textured plastic

BabyTweetyBird said:

There should be. I'm curious about them despite them being before my time.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
jmanyo12 said:
Thank you! I am in a financial situation and can’t afford to buy anything. I am going to have to pay for my dad’s funeral he had no insurance
Hey, I wasn't talking about selling you some... I was talking about giving you some. But my wife won't allow it anyway so it is a moot point. But I wanted you to understand my intensions anyway.

Reactions: Ranma and Deleted member 56273
Wow all these vintage shiny plastic diapers! I just cant look at them because I want some so bad now! I wish they would make replicas of some of these diapers and not the usual cartoony animal character print diapers which seem to saturate the ABDl diaper market nowadays.I know many find the all white diapers boring but Im one who loves those thick all white ones.

• Love
Reactions: Ranma, wowser81, Deleted member 56273 and 1 other person
DLNerd said:
Are there any modern adult diapers that are similar to these?
Yeah, like @BabyTweetyBird already stated, there is nothing like these on the market, be it in the baby products or the adult products. And of course since we all know that diaper makers will NEVER reproduce these vintage goodies for babies ever again, we can only HOPE that someday a service-minded, people-listening ABDL-friendly adult diaper maker might decide to produce at least a line or two of products that resemble these 70s era Pampers of yesteryear--even if it is only for a niche market of buyers (there cannot possibly be any money in making adult fanfold diapers with the same scale and thickness as vintage Pampers because they simply would NOT withstand the wetting needs of today's adults).

Reactions: Ranma, wowser81, Deleted member 56273 and 1 other person
MikeDJ said:
Wow all these vintage shiny plastic diapers! I just cant look at them because I want some so bad now! I wish they would make replicas of some of these diapers and not the usual cartoony animal character print diapers which seem to saturate the ABDl diaper market nowadays.I know many find the all white diapers boring but Im one who loves those thick all white ones.
You know, as I was saying just a moment ago to @DLNerd I wish an ABDL-aware company would make some replicas of these 70s era fanfold Pampers but we all know it will NEVER happen (there is no money in a product like this). But wouldn't it be nice if they DID make a limited edition, niche market product just for the sake of nostalgia? Just for the sake of "proof of concept"? Just to show that it CAN be done, even if (due to lack of demand) such a diaper would never bring in any serious revenue? Who knows? Maybe it would bring in some decent money for the adult diaper makers... But alas, we will NEVER know because I am quite certain they are not interested in even giving it a try. They are not going to gamble with their money like that.

• Thinking
Reactions: Ranma, wowser81 and Deleted member 56273
BrattyPrincessSophie said:
(y)

BrattyPrincessSophie said:
Which aspect of fanfold diapers are you curious about, if I may ask? You know various adult diaper makers produced a few adult versions of fanfold (also called wing fold) diapers but they were nothing like baby sized fanfold Pampers. The adult versions were thin, flimsy, and barely held a tinkle, let alone a good wetting. Plus, they lacked rubberized plastics (aka diamond-embossed/textured plastic). They were basically glorified bed mats masquerading as fanfold diapers.

Perhaps you remember hearing about Ambeze, SureCare, Super Comfort, or SunMark adult diapers? They are all attempts at marketing a fanfold diaper for adults, but all have basically disappeared from the market because they aren't really very effective (I guess).

A few ADISC threads talk about them and photos were posted as well:

Start at page 2 in the link above and work your way through to page 4 to see all of the nice photos, including some of me wearing "me-sized" (i.e., self-made) vintage fanfold Pampers diapers!

Last edited:
  • Love
This is a great thread, thanks for all the pictures, they look great.

70sPampers said:
You know, as I was saying just a moment ago to @DLNerd I wish an ABDL-aware company would make some replicas of these 70s era fanfold Pampers but we all know it will NEVER happen (there is no money in a product like this). But wouldn't it be nice if they DID make a limited edition, niche market product just for the sake of nostalgia? Just for the sake of "proof of concept"? Just to show that it CAN be done, even if (due to lack of demand) such a diaper would never bring in any serious revenue? Who knows? Maybe it would bring in some decent money for the adult diaper makers... But alas, we will NEVER know because I am quite certain they are not interested in even giving it a try. They are not going to gamble with their money like that.
I like the fanfolds and love to see a nice swishy plastic 70s Pampers but Id be happy with even an early 80s Luvs or Huggies replica.....Im kinda tired of all the ABDl companies offering the usual cartoony animal character diapers or all white ones that are the same from each company. The all white diaper with the clear packing tape type landing zone. They are all the same

• Love
The closest you could get or "can" get to the super shiny diaper feel(without paying ebay prices) are either using Crinklz/Betterdry, ABU SDK's or somehow getting a hold of Dry24/7's that were produced around 2015.

IMHO, Super Dry Kids won't give you the shiny look, but feel quite close to what those diapers were like. Crinklz is a close second.

I've been waiting for years for someone to resurrect that type of plastic backing, but nobody has nailed it yet. I'm afraid though that the plasticizers/chemicals used to make that type of backing aren't produced anymore because they probably contain BPA/Phthalates---which are toxic.

Antientmariner said:
This is a great thread, thanks for all the pictures, they look great.
Glad you like the photos. Were you referring to the ones of me in my "me-sized" Pampers?

• Love
MikeDJ said:
I like the fanfolds and love to see a nice swishy plastic 70s Pampers but Id be happy with even an early 80s Luvs or Huggies replica.....Im kinda tired of all the ABDl companies offering the usual cartoony animal character diapers or all white ones that are the same from each company. The all white diaper with the clear packing tape type landing zone. They are all the same
Yeah, a replica fanfold Pampers (complete with the scaled up proportions like real baby diapers, instead of flimsy bedmate like Ambeze or SureCare) would really be nice to see! Or, an authentic replica of the vintage Attends (i.e., an adult-sized 80s Luvs diaper) would also be nice! Most of the current adult diapers on the market have zero (0) appeal to me. But that is just me... don't hate me just because I'm unique in the ABDL world...

• Love
quartz200420012 said:
they probably contain BPA/Phthalates---which are toxic.
What??!! Are you saying that all of my vintage 70s Pampers and 70s Babylino/babySoftex diapers have are made with toxic plastics?

I wore these types of diapers 24/7 exclusively as a baby and now as an adult I bring these diapers close to my genitals multiple times a week! Am I in some sort of danger?

• Thinking
@70sPampers thanks for the pics! Really taking me back, and making me very excited!

• Love
BeTrue said:
@70sPampers thanks for the pics! Really taking me back, and making me very excited!
Glad those pics did the trick! I find that just seeing high-res photos of diapers that I wore as a baby brings back sooo many good memories and feelings as well!

I am autistic and because of my high-functioning autism I tend to fixate on shiny things and patterns and textures. Vintage 70s Pampers, with their diamond-embossed texture (what I affectionately call my "fantastic plastic") were the perfect storm waiting for me to discover when I was around 7 or so years old and spied the stack of clean, white fresh, crisp shiny textured fanfold Pampers peeking out of the purple Toddler sized box on my mom's baby changing table:

*click thumbnail for high-res view*

diamond embossing vintage pampers4.jpeg

Now at 55 I am as fixated on that "fantastic plastic" as I ever was!

• Love
Reactions: WillFord384, BobbiSueEllen, wowser81 and 2 others
I'm telling you, if Pampers would make adult sized plastic backed diapers with the 70s baby powder smell, they would MAKE BANK.

• Love
Reactions: PlastiBrain, WillFord384, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
70sPampers said:
Glad you like the photos. Were you referring to the ones of me in my "me-sized" Pampers?
Well as I only have a phone at my disposal, I mean all of them. When I'm back at home on my computer I can take more time to actually see who posted each picture. But until then unfortunately I'll be away from home until September.

BeTrue said:
I'm telling you, if Pampers would make adult sized plastic backed diapers with the 70s baby powder smell, they would MAKE BANK.
This will certainly ruin P&G's corporate image, just hold your breath: it would never happen.

Bearing in mind the machinery used to cut the fanfold form is no longer into active service.

• Sad
Reactions: BeTrue
BeTrue said:
I agree wholeheartedly!!!! But unfortunately because ABDL fantasies are likely considered "unacceptable" by mainstream diaper companies, P&G is not likely going to be catering to us anytime soon.

But I still don't, for the life of me, understand why ABDL-friendly companies haven't made an adult-sized 70s Pampers replica--complete with a heavenly baby powder smell yet... Maybe because most ABDLs are only interested in buying adult diapers that hold poop and pee and we all know that fanfold diapers are horrible at holding poop and pee, right?

Reactions: WillFord384, wowser81, BeTrue and 1 other person
70sPampers said:
P&G is not likely going to be catering to us anytime soon.
P&G doesn't want to destroy its corporate image and lose profits.

Only a few mainstream companies such as NorthShore and Mega Disposables had a certain knowledge of the ABDL world and developed products that meet our community's requirements. Even on Mega Disposables' own Instagram account the hashtag #diaperlover is widely present.

Back